Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Unlucky Day...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:20 PM
A06ZRT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unlucky Day...

it's been six days... 400 miles... three rock chips on the front bumper... and i recently find scuff marks on my door... somebody is jealous to mess my ride up... thank god it wasn't a long key mark... i went to auto zone and got maguires' xscratch... along with nxt wax. surely the x-scratch made it less visible... but still... imperfection to my oem paint... i guess i'll have to save up money, then paint my whole car with house of colors paint... some sorta super jet black (at least 5-7 coats) with ice crystals... then clear coat it 10 times... just for added protection and extra shine... anyone know of a temporary fix for now? it's not that bad... unless it's like only a coat of paint from the factory, then i would have to say it's not a scratch... i'll have a picture tomorrow if there's more sunlight... still enjoying the top down...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:18 AM
maxpowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks dude. I remember when I first got my ZR, I noticed every little nick and it drove me crazy. After a while I realized that scratches and nicks are the cost of driving.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:03 PM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

u can keep ur car looking brand new if u are willing to take care of it right.

For those scratches, use 3M rubbing compound to take off. Should consider investing in a portercable machine, it will make taking off scuff marks much easier. But you should be fine with some microfiber towels and a whole lot of elbow grease.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:17 PM
AZNNBLK

daily driver here.. lotz of rock chipz on the front spoiler (without clear bra), i have to use touch up paint a lot. otherwise, the clear bra does wonders on keeping the car from chipz n scratches
Old 04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
A06ZRT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZNNBLK
daily driver here.. lotz of rock chipz on the front spoiler (without clear bra), i have to use touch up paint a lot. otherwise, the clear bra does wonders on keeping the car from chipz n scratches
yeah that wasn't an april fools joke either... i'm having it looked at by a friend of mine that owns a body shop / paint shop in Columbia, MD... ever since 3/26/06 i've been dailyin it everyday with the top down... i enjoyed being a head turner... these past few days i've been waxin with NXT and synthetic ICE in between... it's very shiney... i'm still looking for a 3M expert... my friend has a person that can install it... just that i have to provide the materials... i.e. computer cut sketch out of front bumper, side fenders, hood, mirrors... still doing research...
Attached Thumbnails Unlucky Day...-imga1005.jpg   Unlucky Day...-imga1004.jpg   Unlucky Day...-imga1003.jpg  
Old 04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
visionboy

ouch, those are some nasty marks
i think a good body shop can remove that using 'wetsand' i think that's what it's called.

when i purchase my car brand new, i discoverd a 2 inch deep scratch on the gas door panel, but they were able to remove in like 30 minutes and I cant even tell that there was a scratch there before.

Last edited by visionboy; 04-07-2006 at 08:25 AM.