Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Nose prints on my windows.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:56 PM
straderp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nose prints on my windows.......

Originally posted by hsdavis
My daughter wanted some gummy bears so I took her over to Walmart last night. When I came out, there were at least 8 people crowded around my car, peeking in the windows and ohh-ing and ahh-ing over the car. It was a bit embarassing having to get them to move so I could drive away. Also, my daughter, who is 16, has been systematically marching her friends over the house to check out the Z.

Noseprints are affirmation that you made the right choice when you bought your baby. <wink>

They're also the reason that I keep the detailing spray and glass cleaner in the trunk. Heck, it's not like you can fit much else in the Roadster trunk anyway. <sly wink>
Old 02-27-2004, 05:27 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Nose prints on my windows.......

Originally posted by straderp
Noseprints are affirmation that you made the right choice when you bought your baby. <wink>

They're also the reason that I keep the detailing spray and glass cleaner in the trunk. Heck, it's not like you can fit much else in the Roadster trunk anyway. <sly wink>

Nothing looks more **** that applying detailing spray to your car in the middle of the parking lot. My neighbors are already amazed that I haven't washed the paint off my car in the month I've had it. Guess the next step is to show the rest of the world how obsessed I am.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Chasw1269

Originally posted by hrohawg
In my own defense here, I wasn't being arrogant, read my post again. I was parked in the back of an area of 200 empty spaces with assurances (and they were totally accurate BTW) from more than one attendent that doing so would be fine. I would NEVER take up two spaces in a crowded lot under any circumstances. I wasn't trying to deny anyone a spot, I was simply trying to send a message to others to leave a little room as there was more than plenty to go around.

You've seen the commercial on TV where they are showing an empty lot with a single car in the middle? Along comes a smoking heap and parks right next to it? It's humorous right up until it's your car getting the damage..
I'm going to agree with you on this hrohawg. I don't think it's arrogant at all if you do it in the back of a lot where no one else is parked. The second day I had mine (August, '03), I did this same thing & came out to a ****ing idiot parked right next to my roadster. I may not have minded if it were another nice car that was also trying to avoid door dings, but it was an old hoop 'd that probably didn't give a rats **s whether he dinged me or received dings.
I now have a good alarm with a great proximity sensor. With the top up or down, it warns people away that come too close to the car. Aside from hiring an armed guard with an RPG to stand next to it, it's the best I can do!
Old 02-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Chasw1269

Originally posted by Hupperware
When the toneau goes up, the pants go down...

!!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 08:43 AM
NAPZ

1- I agree that he wasn't trying to be arrogant, but people might percive it as being arrogant and look to be an ***hole. Usually what I'll do is just look for an endspace and park over the line so I leave space. Anybody that parks right up on it is a ****head. And hope the automobile Gods serve revenge.
2- Since I've bought my car I've seen 2 Roadsters. One I had the chance to meet and talk to nice guy. The other I've only seen once. So in total I've seen another roadster on the road 3 total times. Pretty cool feeling.
3-Funny story I'm on my way to the beach and pull over to get gas and there is a Ferrari there mint condition just like Magnum PI, Hot **it. So the guy gives me a look like who cares what you got I'm Magnum friggin PI (serious midlife crisis) So people walking by look at his car walk past come up to me and say nice car I bet you could give him a run for his money.(Nice Feeling)As I'm starting my car getting my exhaust as to test the Ferrari(iggnorant on my part) The guy goes to do the same thing can't start it had to push it from the pump as a wiz away and everyone loved me and not him and we lived happily ever after in Z land....
Old 02-29-2004, 08:50 AM
hrohawg

Question

Originally posted by NAPZ
3-Funny story I'm on my way to the beach and pull over to get gas and there is a Ferrari there mint condition just like Magnum PI, Hot **it. So the guy gives me a look like who cares what you got I'm Magnum friggin PI (serious midlife crisis) So people walking by look at his car walk past come up to me and say nice car I bet you could give him a run for his money.(Nice Feeling)As I'm starting my car getting my exhaust as to test the Ferrari(iggnorant on my part) The guy goes to do the same thing can't start it had to push it from the pump as a wiz away and everyone loved me and not him and we lived happily ever after in Z land....
I have a noob question........................

If the other guys car won't start is it considered a 'kill'??

This is sort of like the never answered question... If you have to wipe, it is still considered a fart?

Old 02-29-2004, 09:13 AM
NAPZ

Good question I wasn't really looking for a kill guess I was just kinda setting him up for the kill. You know letting him get out his Ferrari Growl as I run with my tail between my legs. But in this case I guess I got lucky.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:35 AM
iseedipp

sounds like a story i had at shucks. im 18 and had my 00 bmw 323CO and took up two spaces, granted there were other spaces closer to the door not to mention the 20 other spaces 3 hicks in a truck decide to park to the right of me furthest away from the door and ***** bout how i took up 2 spaces hello i parked away from the door so u could park near it. it just ticks me off the arrogance of people sometimes