Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Mud flaps, mud flaps, mud flaps!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:40 PM
SpeedyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mud flaps, mud flaps, mud flaps!!

I'm putting in an order for a SS or CS Touring Roadster and my dealer is trying to do a trade, but every car he's found has mud flaps. Since this is going to be my daily driver, I don't really mind the mud flaps on the front, but on the rear, I think they just look really bad. I can take them off and have exposed holes in the rear fasica or I guess I can take it to a body shop to have fixed and then of course lose the car for 3 days and pay about $600. Any thoughts? I guess I could plug the holes myself and touch it up - they'll be so small and on the inside of the wall of the rear fascia, I'm sure I'll be the only nut that will see it. Any thoughts? Ordering a car will just take too long - I'm ready for summer.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:16 PM
BIGDAWG75

Default Re: Mud flaps, mud flaps, mud flaps!!

Originally posted by SpeedyZ
I'm putting in an order for a SS or CS Touring Roadster and my dealer is trying to do a trade, but every car he's found has mud flaps. Since this is going to be my daily driver, I don't really mind the mud flaps on the front, but on the rear, I think they just look really bad. I can take them off and have exposed holes in the rear fasica or I guess I can take it to a body shop to have fixed and then of course lose the car for 3 days and pay about $600. Any thoughts? I guess I could plug the holes myself and touch it up - they'll be so small and on the inside of the wall of the rear fascia, I'm sure I'll be the only nut that will see it. Any thoughts? Ordering a car will just take too long - I'm ready for summer.

splashguards are molded and if you leave front and remove rear it will look odd? got a db roadster and have sold a bunch, i would say none or all four.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Richardew

I would go with the mud flaps. They really make a difference when you have to drive in slop. They will help keep the slop off of the car.
rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick w/mud flaps
'96 911 C4 Cab, Iris Blue/Marble/Marble - no mud flaps
'04 350 ZR 6MT, SS/BO w/18's & NAV & mud flaps.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:20 PM
straderp

Default Re: Mud flaps, mud flaps, mud flaps!!

Originally posted by SpeedyZ
I have a CS Touring Roadster with the flaps, and I think quite frankly that they look really good. I'd go with the flaps on it; they definitely help keep road crap off the car body.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:47 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally like the mud guards. my car came without them and i added the front and back. looks better and is functional.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:35 AM
RANDY350Z

Since the Z is rear wheel drive, you should also have rear guards. Plus after a while the back of your bumper on the sides will show many chips from rocks, etc being kicked up and hitting the bumper. I feel the same way but the guards are colored and look nice on the car!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:08 PM
john.laninga

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my LeMans Sunset ZR. I have to drive 1/2 mile on gravel roads into and out of my house. If I didn't have those flaps, especially in the rear, I bet the rear bumper and fender area would look like a golf ball surface. No matter how careful I drive, rocks get kicked up and I'm REAL glad those flaps help keep them off the car!
Old 05-10-2004, 08:41 PM
LemanZ

Talking

I don't hv any mud flaps on mine LeMans Sunset ZR, Is it an extra optional item when you purchases your ZR? But it may looks better without it, like topless and bottomless
Old 05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
ohw

Ask the dealer to locate a car from a different lot with no flaps and do a trade. If they are unwilling to do it, you can always try a different dealer. Most of the "good" dealers would be happy to work with you on it. Good luck.

ps. I preferred the look without the flap also. So I had the 3M clear bra material put on behind the wheels. No chips so far, seems to work well.