350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

MP3 Player / NAV Combo Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:31 PM
PharCyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 Player / NAV Combo Systems?

Hi guys,

It looks like I'm getting pretty close to finally getting my Roadster and so I would like to pick your brains once again in regards to MP3 / NAV System combos.

I want a NAV system but I'm trying to decide on whether or not to get the stock NAV system due to my dilemma and so I want to put forth my thoughts and then follow up with my questions.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I want the stero to interact with the display/NAV system. For that kind of money it seems warented.

2. I want an MP3 player/changer

With those two things in mind:

1. Would it be cheaper to not get the stock NAV system and instead buy a third party system that does evrything? (links to systems would be appreciated)

2. Get the NAV system and then get an MP3 headunit/changer and have it hotwired to use the NAV display? (if that's even possible)

If there are other options that I'm not thinking about, please let me know.

Thanks guys,

-Aaron
Old 04-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Rushguy

I went with Alpine and it does dvd movies as well. I think Clario, Pioneer and Kenwood all have similar products. Not sure about those and navi but Alpine has it. You can start with just the hu and say an mp3 changer and then add other modules as you have more money. The navi is the most expensive part to add. Alpine has a new pulse touch display coming out in June..should be worth waiting for. Just go to Alpine website and take a look, heres a pic of mine. The hu will play dvd, mp3, cd, cdr etc. I have a 6 disk changer that plays all but dvd as well. Nav unit can go anywhere, xm goes thru it as well and you can also add rear camera and video game players.couple of other things.
Attached Thumbnails MP3 Player / NAV Combo Systems?-caraudiostuff2-024.jpg  
Old 04-15-2004, 09:48 PM
PharCyde

Awesome, thanks for the info. Very helpful.

-Aaron
Old 04-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Paul_BB_Guy

Did you have any problems wiring that HU into the existing Bose Subwoofer/Amplifiers or did you replace that as well?
Old 04-16-2004, 05:06 PM
jrofman

I just bought the Eclipse 2454 NAV DVD MP3 Head Unit. Double Din, getting it installed tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:21 AM
mode101

Originally posted by Rushguy
I went with Alpine and it does dvd movies as well. I think Clario, Pioneer and Kenwood all have similar products. Not sure about those and navi but Alpine has it. You can start with just the hu and say an mp3 changer and then add other modules as you have more money. The navi is the most expensive part to add. Alpine has a new pulse touch display coming out in June..should be worth waiting for. Just go to Alpine website and take a look, heres a pic of mine. The hu will play dvd, mp3, cd, cdr etc. I have a 6 disk changer that plays all but dvd as well. Nav unit can go anywhere, xm goes thru it as well and you can also add rear camera and video game players.couple of other things.
holly crap that head unit is $$$$
Old 04-17-2004, 07:05 AM
jrofman

Rushguy -
Did you change your stock alarm on your roadster? I am having doubts about leaving my car outside with this new stereo. What are people's opinion on this?

Old 04-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Rushguy

I replaced all my speakers and have an amp in the trunk. I have stock alarm system but my car is garaged at night. When the hu is closed it looks like any other stereo and you can remove the face and take it out with you for the night. Yes the 900 is expensive but watch the prices drop when they release the new Alpine lineup..hopefully this summer. I was going to get a Pioneer because I wanted touchscreen but they didn't have the ability to play two sources at once. I wanted to be able to have a dvd on but listen to an mp3 or xm at the same time.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:02 AM
mode101

I wanted touchscreen but they didn't have the ability to play two sources at once. I wanted to be able to have a dvd on but listen to an mp3 or xm at the same time.
Some people got it rough ???