Top Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 12:38 PM
maxpowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Replacement

Have you guys read this:
LINK

This seems to indicate that the only difference in the new top is the material, not the actual metal framing.

I wonder what the dealer will choose to do on my car. To date, for those that have had there tops replaced, did they replace everything?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:21 AM
rjpaterson
Z Enthusiast

I'm in the process of getting my top replaced because it is starting to seperate at the seams at the last strut in the back. Hilltop Nissan said they would replace but not sure if there only going to replace cloth or whole roof.

I will keep you posted as I expect a call from the Dealer today sometime.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Major

Default Top

I just had my whole top replaced today at the dealership! There is another ZR intown same problem as mine, as the dealer had never replaced one before, I suggested to the Service Manger do the other Z first then mine! Get some experience/training on some one else's car! The service manager said when mine was ordered you get the cloth, frame, the whole kit! Now they are only providiing the cloth portion!

I lucked out!

Major
AZRDZTR
Old 06-11-2004, 07:20 AM
maxpowers

I'm taking the car in this Tuesday. They want their tech. to decided whether or not the whole top should be replaced (including metal framing) or just the material itself.

I guess Nissan has noticed how much it is costing them to replace everything.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:18 PM
mrice
Banned

I got a completely new top with mechanism...dealer outsourced it to an auto upholstery shop...it will be going back as the outside plastic cover for the lock bars on the windshield is all chewed up...it needs an adjustment and there is a TSB for adjustment.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:38 PM
SeanG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top is replaced and looks awesome!! It is so tight...I love it. It was done by a top shop.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:49 AM
rjpaterson
Z Enthusiast

Well after 4 weeks of waiting and fighting with NNA to replace the top it's finally finished. I picked car up last night and it looks great.

My top was starting to seperate at the last seam in the rear and NNA originally didn't want to cover replacement under warranty they wanted to have it repaired first. I called NNA direct and told them that was B.S. I paid 40K + (in cash) for the car and wasn't going t accept anything less than a replacement.

On a lighter note: When the service manager called me yesterday to tell me the car was back and finished he had to ask me how to open the trunk because the top replacement shop left the old top in there.

How funny is that, service team dosen't even know how to open their own cars trunks.........
Old 07-15-2004, 09:10 AM
maxpowers

Well I’m beginning to think I am the only Z in Canada with this replacement top problem. Several months after first visiting the dealer, I am still waiting to get it installed. The dealer has received the top but he can’t find anybody to install it. Apparently the work has to go to an authorized Nissan affiliate and nobody has any experiences with tops. I guess its better that having an inexperienced place install it.

Silverstone
Orange Net Seats