Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Who out there has a Pike's Peak White Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 01:22 PM
butterwm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who out there has a Pike's Peak White Roadster?

I am seeing pictures of the pikes peak white roadster and it looks so classy! The thing that scares me with a white car is how easily dirt shows up on it. Do you have a hard time keeping it clean and would you recommend this color?
Old 09-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Maccamera

Default Re: Who out there has a Pike's Peak White Roadster?

I have a PPW Roadster and LOVE it!! As far as dirt showing up on it, that is generally a myth. Dirt is going to show up on any color, but, as many will attest too, black is actually the most difficult color to keep clean because the dirt is a lighter color than the deep black and shows up more clearly than on lighter colors. Besides, regardless of the color you choose, if you are like most of us you'll be washing the car more often than you wash yourself and with much better products and softer towels anyway!! Here is a link to some of my past pics. (I hope the link still works) and maybe that will help your decision.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=77749

Originally posted by butterwm
I am seeing pictures of the pikes peak white roadster and it looks so classy! The thing that scares me with a white car is how easily dirt shows up on it. Do you have a hard time keeping it clean and would you recommend this color?
Old 09-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Maccamera

Default Re: Who out there has a Pike's Peak White Roadster?

Here is another link, can you tell I'm happy with my choice??!!
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=73009

Originally posted by butterwm
Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
ohw

Mine is white, and I agree with everything Maccamera said.

White actually hides dirt a lot better than one would expect. Over the years, I have different color cars. Generally dirt shows up worse in dark colors and hides best with either gold or silver tones. With the available colors for the Z, here's my guess of a scale for dirt showing up:

Black = very bad
Blue = bad
Red = bad
Silerstone = ok
White = ok
Chrome Silver = good
Sunset = no idea !!??
Old 09-06-2004, 06:51 PM
nthuziast

I think the white z looks the best in my opinion. Hard top and vert.

I agree.. it does hide dirt unless you get right on it.

Here is a pic of mine at a z meet a few weeks ago.. had not been washed in a week, but could not tell from the pic. Other than the god forsaken brake dust.
Attached Thumbnails Who out there has a Pike's Peak White Roadster?-dsc04058.jpg  
Old 09-23-2004, 03:55 AM
Ant350

I'm another PPW ZR owner....and love it!!

Drove 8hrs one way to pick it up....only one in my entire state when I was ready to purchase!!

I have never seen a PPW ZR in any of my local nissan dealers.

The color is really rich looking....it has alot of 'sparkles' in the paint...and you really have to see it in person to appreciate the true color...kinda like the Bricks....

PPW rulez!

Old 09-30-2004, 01:10 AM
stonecrd

I also have a white roadster and have had no trouble keeping it clean. The other advatage is White is a much cooler color when you live in a hot area. The white reflects the heat while black will absorb and heat up a whole lot quicker and you will not have fading problems from the sun. My last three cares have been white and the paint holds up much better IMO.

Ray
Old 09-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those wheels look sick
Old 10-01-2004, 02:52 PM
JoneZZZ

Just had to post a comment here....I had to "settle" for my Super Black Coupe....but my first choice was a PPW roadster with a blue convertible top.....the dealer in my area would not deal on it.......words cannot express how "secZ" that PPW roadster is!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Because of their limited production no dealer will ever deal on a Z roadster. The best they will normally do is MSRP plus "dealer prep. fee"

Nissan has what I like to call "The little list of BS profit" that they stick next to the window sticker. If you ask them to describe everything on that list they will come up with the biggest BS story ever. There was some kind of enviromental protection charge on it and the guy said it was a type of "coating" on the car. WTF is that supposed to mean. My car is eniromentally friendly because of this $500 coating on it.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:33 PM
crazygideon

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
Because of their limited production no dealer will ever deal on a Z roadster. The best they will normally do is MSRP plus "dealer prep. fee"

It depends where u live and how hard you try. I live here in cali and got my SB ZR for 2500 off msrp.

Regards,
CG--