Notices
370Z Maintenance & Repair 370Z upkeep and diagnosing/fixing problems

2016 370Z roadster Auto Shift P Issue Help Please

Old 11-25-2017, 06:10 AM
racer111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 370Z roadster Auto Shift P Issue Help Please

I just got my 370Z Roadster

When it arrived I had to push on the small button next to the shifter to get it off the trailer, Battery flat and BCM was fried, So dealer fitted and programmed the new BCM yesterday, drove it home all was fine until I went to get out of the car now the shift/P warning comes on when you turn off the car and beeps, when you exit the car and shut the door there is a loud tone coming from under the hood, I had to remove the battery terminal to get it to stop.

I can reconnect the battery terminal and it will be fine until you start the car up again and turn it off.

I notise I can put the shifter in to any gear I like with the engine on or off

I am thinking the little button I had to press to release the shifter has not gone back to a normal state?

Any ideas as I dont want to have to keep disconnecting the battery every time I stop the car to shut it up.

Thank you.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:38 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

I don't know jack about auto trannys, but would say the best course of action is to take it back to the dealer. Unless you a more advanced code reader to check for BCM codes.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:12 AM
racer111

There is not any codes and the BCM is brand new, I am hoping some one has had the same problem, i am wondering if there is a shift release solenoid that may be stuck? I wonder if anyone has a picture of the shift assembly or instructions how to get access to the assembly, I know the car is fairly new with under 10k miles but dont mind having a go at most things myself
Old 11-25-2017, 09:54 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

There haven't been many reports of fried BCMs with auto tranny issues. Here's a link to the factory service manuals for Z33s; you can look it up yourself and have a go:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nis...e-manuals.html
The following users liked this post:
racer111 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 11:03 AM
racer111

The 2 are not related, are there any pics on how to get to the bottom of the shifter assembly?

Thanks for the link
Old 11-25-2017, 11:04 AM
racer111

Originally Posted by dkmura
There haven't been many reports of fried BCMs with auto tranny issues. Here's a link to the factory service manuals for Z33s; you can look it up yourself and have a go:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nis...e-manuals.html
Whic would be the best manual for the 2016 370Z roadster? or are all of the 350s the same shift mechanism?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:44 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

You can only get the coupe manuals for the 370Z from Nicoclub, but for what you're looking for, it's going to be the same set-up whether you're a hard or soft top.

Here's the link to the 370Z FSMs (coupe):
http://www.nicoclub.com/manuals/370Z/

"I notise I can put the shifter in to any gear I like with the engine on or off"

Yeah, it sounds like you jacked up the shifter emergency unlock switch. For obvious reasons, don't start the car with the shifter in any position except Park.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:55 AM
racer111

Originally Posted by zakmartin
You can only get the coupe manuals for the 370Z from Nicoclub, but for what you're looking for, it's going to be the same set-up whether you're a hard or soft top.

Here's the link to the 370Z FSMs (coupe):
http://www.nicoclub.com/manuals/370Z/

"I notise I can put the shifter in to any gear I like with the engine on or off"

Yeah, it sounds like you jacked up the shifter emergency unlock switch. For obvious reasons, don't start the car with the shifter in any position except Park.
I agree. it drives jus fine I just have to disconnect the battery for a second then reconnect it or that annoying noise will continue, I hope to take it apart later this week, Thanks for the input

Search this Thread