Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

replicas or lookalikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Polska350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replicas or lookalikes

Hey im looking to buy rims soon and my favorite rim is the work vs xx but i dont have that kind of money and cant find them used does anyone know any cheaper lookalikes of those or the algernon intelesse or something similar

or if anyone knows someone who is selling these used please let me know thanks a lot any help is appreciated
Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
WhiteOnWhite350z

This will get messy
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
bkultra

Your gonna need this...

Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
SatchScream

There's this really awesome website they came out with a long time ago, basically what it does is find stuff for you if you type it in. Here, try it yourself, it really works!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
haeshik

jeez just save up!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=work+rims+replicas
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
BeeAyche

Originally Posted by Hexxus
LMAO classic
Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Check out www.wheeldude.com. They have some good looking and reasonably priced wheels.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
stradaONE8

Honestly if you are going to buy "cheaper" wheels, ie not Volks, Works, HRE, DPE, JLine, etc etc etc...that's perfectly fine.
Support a company making unique design. There are plenty of relatively unique mesh wheels that are not in the expensive category. Support those companies and their ingenuity and willingness to take risks. Don't feed a company that avoids the hardest part of running a business, which is coming up with an original: ie NOT Rota/Linea/whatever other companies that just take other peoples original work and make carbon copies of it because it'd be risky to do any design themselves...

Do a search, look around, buy a decent wheel, it doesn't matter that you can't afford Works right now, but just don't buy a replica. The real things are much more satisfying than some cheap knock-off...

Last edited by stradaONE8; 09-21-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Honestly if you are going to buy "cheaper" wheels, ie not Volks, Works, HRE, DPE, JLine, etc etc etc...that's perfectly fine.
Support a company making unique design. There are plenty of relatively unique mesh wheels that are not in the expensive category. Support those companies and their ingenuity and willingness to take risks. Don't feed a company that avoids the hardest part of running a business, which is coming up with an original ie: ie NOT Rota/Linea/whatever other companies that just take other peoples original work and make carbon copies of it because it'd be risky to do any design themselves...

Do a search, look around, buy a decent wheel, it doesn't matter that you can't afford Works right now, but just don't buy a replica. The real things are much more satisfying than some cheap knock-off...
+1 trillion. You *could* have some pride in your car and get a nice set of original wheels. If price is an issue and of course it may be for the most of us, why not get a used set? You can score a gread deal on a used set of WORK wheels that you actually want to buy instead of some cast crap. Check out the for sale section here or even check your local forums, theres plenty of deals. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Allen331

^ IIRC, Work rims are cast as well right?

Either way, I would just save a bit more money, and get a good set of rims that you really like.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 PM
skaterbasist

Support a company making unique design. There are plenty of relatively unique mesh wheels that are not in the expensive category. Support those companies and their ingenuity and willingness to take risks. Don't feed a company that avoids the hardest part of running a business, which is coming up with an original: ie NOT Rota/Linea/whatever other companies that just take other peoples original work and make carbon copies of it because it'd be risky to do any design themselves...

Very well said.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sick of guys and there "knock off" ******** when every **** on this damn forum has a knockoff kit. Yet it's fine for an exact replica of the kit but its not fine for a similar looking wheel. Wheels can't get anymore "unique" when there's so much you can do with 5-6 spoke..mesh whatever you want to call it.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:25 AM
stradaONE8

Not EVERYONE has knockoffs...and again, it has nothing to do with what you can afford but what you choose to support. No one here is bashing the OP for not being able to afford a 3k+ set of wheels, that doesn't matter in the least. But there is something to be said about not take the easy route and putting up a photograph of a painting...versus buying the painting yourself.

No wonder you are all annoyed with your LM replicas...well I'm sick of the "there's no more uniqueness left in wheel design, waah, waah, waah."

Well no kidding in the sense that people have figured out there can be 3-20 spokes on a wheel, but what you do with them can still be relatively original. It's a stupid argument when Volk still comes out with a new wheel every so often that still is pretty coveted, with Rota to show up and carbon copy it a few months later when they can reverse engineer their way to profit. Yea, that's honorable...
Don't believe me? Then what about REs that were copied to SVNs? Give it time, G2s will be copied into P2s, and the new G10 will be come some other unique combination of letters as well.
Your argument = fail.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 09-22-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:05 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
Check out www.wheeldude.com. They have some good looking and reasonably priced wheels.

Last edited by DelayedZ; 12-28-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: May be resolved...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 AM
teh215

www.rbwheels.com
Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Kiriller

**** rotas
Old 09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
quakerroatmeal

Not EVERYONE has knockoffs...and again, it has nothing to do with what you can afford but what you choose to support. No one here is bashing the OP for not being able to afford a 3k+ set of wheels, that doesn't matter in the least. But there is something to be said about not take the easy route and putting up a photograph of a painting...versus buying the painting yourself.

No wonder you are all annoyed with your LM replicas...well I'm sick of the "there's no more uniqueness left in wheel design, waah, waah, waah."

Well no kidding in the sense that people have figured out there can be 3-20 spokes on a wheel, but what you do with them can still be relatively original. It's a stupid argument when Volk still comes out with a new wheel every so often that still is pretty coveted, with Rota to show up and carbon copy it a few months later when they can reverse engineer their way to profit. Yea, that's honorable...
Don't believe me? Then what about REs that were copied to SVNs? Give it time, G2s will be copied into P2s, and the new G10 will be come some other unique combination of letters as well.
Your argument = fail.
My arguement fail? How is that. You did not speak about Shine Auto's Nismo V2 replica, Amuse Replica..

Lol @ assuming I'm annoyed because of LM Replicas I'm perfectly happy thanks..

Did you not read what I typed? I'm annoyed that people are hypocrites.

I'd have a problem if they tried to call it Rota TE37 or something and it'd be a complete perfect replica but its not. You can tell its a replica.

I've seen real wheels copy other wheels as well all in all its what you can afford.

Edit: And Kiriller don't you own Axis wheels? Yeah..guess those are a million times better.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 09-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
stradaONE8

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Wheels can't get anymore "unique" when there's so much you can do with 5-6 spoke..mesh whatever you want to call it.
This is your argument that is full of fail. You imply that wheel designs can no longer be unique so it's ok for people to make replicas. My argument was that if that were in the least bit true, no new designs would come out ever anymore. But that is proven wrong time and time again. Volk came out with the RE30s, Rota copied it instantly with the SVN. Volk just came out with G2, Rota will be coming along shortly to make a copy of that. Newest up is the G10, which I frankly don't like, but I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that if it sells well for Volk you'll see a Rota replica in due time.

Now I think Rota makes a decent quality wheel for the price, but that isn't hard to do if you care. What's hard is coming up with a unique design as there is a chance that it wont do well and people wont buy. Rota is a leech on the industry IMHO. They provide no original thought but make money off people who don't want to work hard for the real thing. There is a stark difference between making a wheel inspired off another design and copying nearly inch for inch as best as possible.

Case in point. If I were to offer you BBS LMs in place of your wheels when you were buying your Lineas, I wonder which you'd take. I'm not suggesting you are unhappy with your knock-offs, but you'd be lying through your teeth if you said you didn't want the original LMs more. Otherwise you would have bought some other design...THAT is why your argument is full of fail. There are plenty of unique designs still left to be made, and I'd rather support a company who has the ***** to release one than another who makes their money off the ingenuity of others.

As for your comments on replica bodykits...at least the people making them have the decency to plainly say they are replicas instead of acting like it's a unique product NEW to the line as most Rota products are introduced...that is out right douchebaggery to me.
Example: Rota DPTs for sale. Where does it clearly state here's a CE28 replica? Exactly, no where. Instead "HERE'S A NEW WHEEL FER DA TRACKK, derrrr...." Hell they even gank colors...mag blue and takata green are now cosmic and absolute, like seriously are you kidding me?

I personally don't have and will not put a single replica product on my car. Doesn't mean I will buy every JDM part out there just to do so, but if I like something, I will make sure the person who came up with the idea gets my money and not the person to make a lesser quality version of it to make me look like I have good taste.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 09-22-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 PM
quakerroatmeal

Sure I'd take the BBS's over mines. IF they were the same price.

And as far as them saying its a replica or not..I could really not care everybody knows its a replica there's no need to call them Rota CE28n Replicas, Rota TE37 Replicas, Rota SVN Replicas...

Even though they are pretty similar but everyone who knows anything can look at them and tell the difference anyways.

Good for you if you will not put a single replica on your car..I hope I never see any Shine Auto products or any sort of replica part that's on your car. Otherwise you will still be a hypocrite in my book.

I'm done. This argument always come up and I'm just tired of it.

Quick Reply: replicas or lookalikes