Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Modded XBox's anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 10:53 PM
AParshall04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded XBox's anyone?

This guy i go to school with recently devoted a lot of time into learning all about how Xboxs work and how to modify them the best way possible. He now can Modify any xbox (even the new versions!) so that you can burn all your games onto a hard drive. Not only xbox games but you can hook up your xbox to the computer and download tons of other games, as well as videos and other cool stuff. It enables your xbox to play burned DVDs and forms of video that most DVD player do not recognize. One of the coolest things is it doesnt require any soldering, no "mod chips." He normally does an install with a 250gb harddrive, stores over 100 xbox games plus all the other arcade games and that stuff.

I'm not really his salesman or anything but i want to get his services at lower prices, and I'm just trying to share this with you guys because i think what he's doing is pretty cool and if i can get enough of us to do it i think he can drop the prices. It'd be a pretty sweet thing to install in a Z if you're looking for a DVD player and games.

Anyway His prices are usually something like $150 for them modding + harddrive cost (depends which size hard drive you want) + xbox. So if you have a harddrive laying around and already have the xbox you just have to pay for the mod fee, or if you have just the harddrive, or just hte xbox you get the point. He's got tons of things available - he can provide xboxs at good prices or provide harddrives at good prices. So i was thinking some of you guys wanted to get in on this i could probably get him to lower the install fee to something closer to $100.

Pm me if you ahve questions.
I may actually post this for somewhere on the site as a group buy.

Last edited by AParshall04; 12-24-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:38 PM
foobazco

May not want to advertise this:

http://news.com.com/Officials+raid+s...3-5484122.html
Old 12-25-2004, 12:17 AM
AParshall04

Well as far as from what i have read, the service being offered is in no way illegal because the guy that does this does not include any free games, just the hard drives. Just because you have the harddrive does not mean you have to use it illegally, some people may use it just for the ability to play burned DVDs, or backed up xbox games. Doing either of these is perfectly legal as long as you own the original. If he advertised things like "For an extra $30 you get 100 free games!" then that would be illegal, but he is just offering the service of the modification. Good heads up though.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

If someone wants to increase storage on their xbox I think they should be allowed to. I mean...they should be checking for more than a different hard drive serial number. What if your hard drive breaks and you have to replace it?
Old 12-25-2004, 08:26 PM
nissan_fanatic

Originally posted by AParshall04
Well as far as from what i have read, the service being offered is in no way illegal because the guy that does this does not include any free games, just the hard drives. Just because you have the harddrive does not mean you have to use it illegally, some people may use it just for the ability to play burned DVDs, or backed up xbox games. Doing either of these is perfectly legal as long as you own the original. If he advertised things like "For an extra $30 you get 100 free games!" then that would be illegal, but he is just offering the service of the modification. Good heads up though.
Actually that not entirely true. Once you replace the Xbox bios with a non cromwell linux bios thus allowing you to load a dashboard is where the illegal part comes in. Just be careful in what your advertising (I know i am a big one to be talking huh. )
Old 12-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I cannot even begin to express how extremely cool that is! If only I had any idea how to do something like that.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Mike00

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
I cannot even begin to express how extremely cool that is! If only I had any idea how to do something like that.
It's not quite as complicated as you think. The XBOX is basically a pc so you can pull it apart into it's basic components. What he probably did is stuck the CD Rom drive in the dash and hid the rest of the components in the glovebox or somewhere else.

Would be my guess anyway.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally posted by Mike00
It's not quite as complicated as you think. The XBOX is basically a pc so you can pull it apart into it's basic components. What he probably did is stuck the CD Rom drive in the dash and hid the rest of the components in the glovebox or somewhere else.

Would be my guess anyway.
No not that(I should've been more specific). I was talking about Nissan_Fanatics set up. That thing is wicked! LOL
Old 12-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Mike00

No not that(I should've been more specific). I was talking about Nissan_Fanatics set up. That thing is wicked! LOL
Lol now I'm confused what part of his setup are you referring to? Only part I see is the xbox.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I clicked the link above the pic. of his stereo install. That thing is so hardcore!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

If only I had enough cash to do that...
Old 12-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

solder 4 wires to the mb and charge $100 is too much. I took apart my xbox yesterday and get it ready to fiberglass in my car next month.

Old 12-27-2004, 02:34 PM
nissan_fanatic

If only I had enough cash to do that...
Thanks for all the compliments man... Hit me up if you have any questions. Believe it or not I am actually considering selling everything and the car
Old 12-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally posted by nissan_fanatic
Thanks for all the compliments man... Hit me up if you have any questions. Believe it or not I am actually considering selling everything and the car

That would be a crime! LOL
Did you do all that yourself or did you bring it somewhere?
How much was it?