Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Hooking up 2 10W6's to 1000JL

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 05:08 AM
agent_smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ahsmo
roger that I gotcha, invert the phase on those little beasts and you should be good to go... also for a better high excursion lower frequency playing speaker check out RE XXX 6.5s they are awsome and can really kick *** if you found a way to make a enclosed space for them

www.reaudio.com
there was a group buy on them once upon a time 179 shipped...
I could do a fiberglass shell that would fill inside the area and mount the speaker in the fiberglass.

I'm confused abit, those RE speakers don't have any RMS power handling specs listed. The other thing is the only 6.5 inch speaker that they make are their component line..are you suggesting these? I'm not really looking for a set of rear components.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:08 AM
stu46

didn't even realize you were not the thread starter, oops.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:21 AM
agent_smith

Yeah, I'm a thread-jacker...I actually mis-read the title and thought it ment two 6 W0's but instead it's two 10 W6s...

Now that I'm posting here though I figured if the was done though someone would have mentioned it. I kinda feel inspired since nobody else seems to have done this idea already though (2 6W0s) in fiberglass boxes. My only concern is the airspace needed to make a sealed box. Does anyone have a photograph of what it looks like after you take out your stock rear speakers? I'd like to know how much room I have to work with when I make the chamber.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:32 AM
stu46

mounting depth of those are 3.5 inches and you need .15 - .20cuft. not sure if there will be enough space. you can try installing a 10" sub behind the driver's seat.

a little fyi, if you know anyone with a standard cab tacoma, 3-4 6w0s in a ported enclosure are awesome. not sure if they work too well in other small standard cab trucks, but they rock in a tacoma.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally posted by agent_smith
I could do a fiberglass shell that would fill inside the area and mount the speaker in the fiberglass.

I'm confused abit, those RE speakers don't have any RMS power handling specs listed. The other thing is the only 6.5 inch speaker that they make are their component line..are you suggesting these? I'm not really looking for a set of rear components.

RE XXX componenet drivers. They play down to 20 cylces with no problem. They are mid bass speakers but they will own w0s without a doubt.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:43 AM
agent_smith

Originally posted by Ahsmo
RE XXX componenet drivers. They play down to 20 cylces with no problem. They are mid bass speakers but they will own w0s without a doubt.
I don't want to sound too negative here, but the site for reaudio was redesigned on 5-6-04 and it still does not work correctly as eveninced by the lack of buttons that work properly and the mass amount of "coming soon" flash pop ups.

There are no specifications on any of their drivers, so why would someone such as myself wish to buy something that I have no clue what to base my amp setup on?

JL has always had a great site with great products available within arms reach at my local dealer, who has helped me out a lot in past. Not to be rude here, but the point is for another company like RE to get my money before JL would, it will take a lot more than an eye-candy ladden website. Adire audio has the crummiest website in existence but I still put more stock in their gear than a lot of other companies simply becuase they actually provide useful information on their site...

blah...</rant>

I don't doubt that those RE drivers are nice, but they look to be fairly power hungry also and with a lack of specifications I can't just go out and buy them on a whim.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

eh im not going to bother, enjoy the w0s