Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stealth Installation of Valentine 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 06:50 AM
Z33Concept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't the V1 likes shows arrows like if Ur traveling east and a cop is heading west (Vice Versa) does it shows like a little arrow??
Old 01-27-2004, 07:21 AM
little_rod

Hmm, just received my kit today, doesn't seem like the lines are long enough to reach from the back of the car (where the main V1 is) to the front where the fuses and remote unit are. Is it just my kit, or do I need to order/buy some longer lines before I do this install??
Old 01-27-2004, 03:31 PM
zPilott

you can use standard telephone wires that you buy anywhere
Old 01-27-2004, 07:50 PM
little_rod

Thanks.

Last edited by little_rod; 01-27-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:30 PM
little_rod

Well, mine is done. Some changes to theirs, when I took the clip off for the visor mount that I used to mount the main unit, I used that clip to mount my remote under the dash. Not the sturdiest thing you will see, but it does work for me, and I didn't have to use any additional parts. Use mirror double sided tape to mount the remote right where jelledge mounted his remote unit.

Still trying to make sure that the main unit hasn't decreased in effectiveness. At first, I wasn't so sure, now it seems to be doing fine. Mounted it in the middle plastic screw, on the passenger side.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

I seem to have one slight problem with installation. I've seen the pictures of people hardwiring the v1 to the fusebox. How is this done? I tried doing this today with the red wire that v1 supplies and I can't seem to get the damn thing working. I tried hooking the power up to the cig lighter's fuse... and the v1 wouldn't turn on when the car started? Any idea as to what is going wrong?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by x350Zx
I seem to have one slight problem with installation. I've seen the pictures of people hardwiring the v1 to the fusebox. How is this done? I tried doing this today with the red wire that v1 supplies and I can't seem to get the damn thing working. I tried hooking the power up to the cig lighter's fuse... and the v1 wouldn't turn on when the car started? Any idea as to what is going wrong?
Well, I had to cut off that end plastic thing. Then I stripped the plastic off a small portion, so that I could get some of the wire showing. Then I put the wire beside and around the metal part on the fuse. That should work.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

hey thanks man that did the trick!! lol okay so I've installed my friend's v1 now i need to go buy one. haha.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:13 AM
ingenue007

For those with problems with the plastic screw not retaining into the headliner, I would think another option is to go to the hardware store and find anchor mount screws (the ones that have prongs that flare out when you screw them in). Get ones with prongs wide enough, drill a hole through the V1 visor mount, put the screw through with washers and perhaps some foam around washers or foam on the visor unit to prevent unwanted noise, put the screw into the hole and tighthen screw. Prongs should flare open and hold the mount tightly onto the headliner. Then mount your V1 onto visor mount.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:15 AM
dgtlbullet

I have the same set up and it works GREATT. Especially for those who live in VA.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:57 AM
asatyss

Originally posted by ingenue007
For those with problems with the plastic screw not retaining into the headliner, I would think another option is to go to the hardware store and find anchor mount screws (the ones that have prongs that flare out when you screw them in). Get ones with prongs wide enough, drill a hole through the V1 visor mount, put the screw through with washers and perhaps some foam around washers or foam on the visor unit to prevent unwanted noise, put the screw into the hole and tighthen screw. Prongs should flare open and hold the mount tightly onto the headliner. Then mount your V1 onto visor mount.
You can also get replacement headliner plugs at Lowe's that are a little bigger and will not pull out as easily. That's what I did and it worked great, no problems since.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:12 AM
little_rod

Yeah, mine comes out partially and drops down all the time, too bad I have superglued the screw to my visor mount or I would take you guys advice and use a different screw. Oh well, that's life, could try some super glue remover I guess.

One thing I have noticed with this setup though is it seems to give better reception from the detector from the back than from the front. Maybe I am imagining it, or just love to worry about something, but the location might be taking away from the range in the front. With your V1 in this location, has anyone else noticed this??
Old 09-13-2004, 12:41 PM
zPilott

I order a few of the headliner plugs from the dealer when I made an order a while ago. They are pretty cheap. The main problem with the plugs is they aren't made to be removed a lot. if you just leave it clipped in, with a new clip, it should be fine.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
LeMansZCa

little_rod,

I think i have noticed that the front reception is not as good as the back...

looks like the rear view mirror might get in the way or passenger 's head

but i am still picking up signal from the front... just can't really tell if it's really weaker...