Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

new sub recommendation please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
SkiTTlez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G35audioman
Yup. Box is extremely important. If your box isn't properly suited for your sub, then you wont be happy.

Depending on the type of sound you are looking for, ported may be a good option.

Typically, ported gives you more low end frequency. Depending on the sub, SQ can decrease in a ported box, but then again, that depends on the sub.

A sealed box will give you a tighter, more SQ oriented sound typically. You will sacrafice some low end for the extra SQ though. Also, you may lose a few db's in this setup.

For your rockford, i'd probably go ported as well. It sounds like ported may suit your tastes better.

i went sealed for 2 reasons-1-tighter, harder hitting 2-space!! the recommended sealed space is 1.25 and ported 1.75. i have 1.3 cu ft exactly. i got the T1 sub. i just got it put in about a hour ago, and jesus this thig hits! and even in a sealed box, it gets really low, which surprised me. i had to fab a couple of spacers to accomodate the depth. i still have to get some wood filler and sand it down and paint the spacers since they will be above the carpet about an inch. i will post my progressive pics tomorrow and hopefully completed ones as well! thanks again G35 and Tackett and everyone else for the input!!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:42 PM
SkiTTlez

hey guys i posted a new thread with finished pics!!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:19 PM
joshp214

Incriminator audio makes some excellent stuff.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:03 PM
NisAznMonk

To be honest, I prefer the w6v2 over the W7.
Man, and I thought the few of us down here in Houston were the only ones that liked the W6V2 over the W7. Good to see there is someone else
Old 10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
04silverzcoupe

Originally Posted by 95RedRS
Image Dynamic IDQ D2 V.3

In a 10 inch Sub...is made specfically for SMALL AIRSPACE ENCLOSURES.

It's one of the Cheaper Subs on the market...but it gives a Clean Punchy Bass tone...I think an IDMAXX is overkill IMO...He's going for nice audio not Comptetion winning setups.

Whoever Said kicker was good should go Jump off a cliff...Anything you can buy at Circuit City or best buy Shouldn't be put in a Real Car Entusiats Car.

And If you Wanna pay more than you have to for JL...your either rich and don't care about wasting money or you like Name Brands.

Theres about 6 Audio Companys better than JL.

but what would I know I drive a DSM
how is an idmax overkill? i have a single 10 powered by 700 watts andits def not overkill. and kicker sucks bc they are sold at circuit city and best buy? i had a w7. im def not rich, im an e3 in the usmc, and dont really care about name brands either. and how is the idq perfect for a 1.3 cube sealed box? thats twice the size id recomends for the 10 for their LARGE sealed box.
alot of bad advise was given in this thread. i'd say the best was whoever said trust your ears, who i think was the perosn who has an oz audio matrix elite which is supposed tobe pretty damn good. other subs i would have considered would be the diamond audio tdx or d6 and the idmax, though the max is kinda pricey. but as long as you like it, thats what really matters bc its your money your spending and its going in your car.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:25 AM
SkiTTlez

Originally Posted by 04silverzcoupe
how is an idmax overkill? i have a single 10 powered by 700 watts andits def not overkill. and kicker sucks bc they are sold at circuit city and best buy? i had a w7. im def not rich, im an e3 in the usmc, and dont really care about name brands either. and how is the idq perfect for a 1.3 cube sealed box? thats twice the size id recomends for the 10 for their LARGE sealed box.
alot of bad advise was given in this thread. i'd say the best was whoever said trust your ears, who i think was the perosn who has an oz audio matrix elite which is supposed tobe pretty damn good. other subs i would have considered would be the diamond audio tdx or d6 and the idmax, though the max is kinda pricey. but as long as you like it, thats what really matters bc its your money your spending and its going in your car.

well i wouldn't say a bunch of bad advice!! i am definitely GRATEFUL for ALL the advice recieved i almost pulled the trigger on the JL W6 12 til i heard the FOsgate T1 12 in a similar setup. i am telling you, this things bangs and i am very happy! but like you said, i may love it, you may hate it! everyone likes different things, that is what is great about this forum, eh?!