Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Focal 165K2P and JL 300/4??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:17 PM
bcsaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focal 165K2P and JL 300/4??

I currently have Alpine SPS-170A speakers all around powered by JL 300/4,
2 JL 10W3 powered by JL 500/1. I hated how the rear speakers messed up my imaging so I did everything my setup allows. I tried with fade set way in front, set LP for the rear so it only plays mid and lower. Imaging is alright now, except that the sub is too strong compared to the front speakers. When the rears played the same thing as front, it used to balance the sub, but now that's gone.

I need any input on bridging 300/4 for only front sets of Focal 165K2P and getting rid of the rear. Will I miss the rear fill? Would it be loud enough to balance my subs? Anybody have any experience with Focals and bridged 300/4?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you running for a head unit?
I will tell you the reason I ask later.

You should be able to run the 300/4 Bridged and you will get 150Wx2 to your Focal 165K2P set up. Which I might add are awesom speakers. I also have to recommend you check out the door pods available by us that fits the 165K2ps perfect.

Now the reason I ask about your head unit is. It is commom in a lot of cases to run the rea speakers as rear fill only off the head unit, Requirements are that Head unit have a Hi-Pass filter and Have the fader toward the front channels.

A nother choce you have is trade your 300/4 in for a 450/4 Which is a geat choice for your car with the 165K2P.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
bcsaga

Yea, if it was a go for the Focals, the wicked door pod was on the top of my list I have a frost interior, so I wanted to paint the pods silver. I thought you sold Focal speakers as well?

Anyway, my headunit is alpine 9855, and yeah either one of your recommendations would be good. That's after I buy a set of Focals and door pods, if I have money left over

Where would you recommend for the tweeter location, Nazar?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Nazar
Banned

Originally Posted by bcsaga
Yea, if it was a go for the Focals, the wicked door pod was on the top of my list I have a frost interior, so I wanted to paint the pods silver. I thought you sold Focal speakers as well?

Anyway, my headunit is alpine 9855, and yeah either one of your recommendations would be good. That's after I buy a set of Focals and door pods, if I have money left over

We usualy manage to get the tweeters in the stock locations. Focals are recommended at that level. It is an ideal location for them.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Speedracer

I also have to recommend you check out the door pods available by us that fits the 165K2ps perfect.

You don't need any kind of external door pods for the focal K2P. My installer fitted them nicely into the stock location. Very clean install, beautiful sound and not a hint of a rattle even at high volume.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:53 AM
bcsaga

I know some people have problems, some people don't.
My car, with 6.5" crappy alpine SPS-170As, rattles when windows are down.
When you shut the doors, they bang against the windows, and I hate that.
Might as well just get door pods, provide better imaging, and sleep better at night Besides, I love how the silver door pods look
Old 11-18-2005, 05:54 AM
bcsaga

Originally Posted by Nazar
We usualy manage to get the tweeters in the stock locations. Focals are recommended at that level. It is an ideal location for them.
Gotcha! So I presume you guys carry Focals? It will be a whole lot more convenient to just buy everything at once
Old 11-18-2005, 06:33 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by bcsaga

I too have a frost interior and am using Nazar's speaker pods ... I had mine done up with Vinyl and they came out AWESOME!
Old 11-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Nazar
Banned

Originally Posted by Speedracer
I also have to recommend you check out the door pods available by us that fits the 165K2ps perfect.

You don't need any kind of external door pods for the focal K2P. My installer fitted them nicely into the stock location. Very clean install, beautiful sound and not a hint of a rattle even at high volume.
It is not a problem of fitting the speakers in the doors. The factory door covers don't allow all the sound to come through. It is only perferated half way through the cover. Our pods bring the speaker closer to you and angles them more toward you. They will make your speakers any speakers sound twice as good in the Z doors.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Speedracer

Originally Posted by Nazar
It is not a problem of fitting the speakers in the doors. The factory door covers don't allow all the sound to come through. It is only perferated half way through the cover. Our pods bring the speaker closer to you and angles them more toward you. They will make your speakers any speakers sound twice as good in the Z doors.

Okay, sounds like a legit statement.