Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Is the scion TC's head unit fits on the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 PM
clk1022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the scion TC's head unit fits on the Z?

This head unit sounds good. I just wonder will it fits the Z? thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing.

The after market kits will take single or double DIN units. I've never seen a Scion so you'll have to make the measurements yourself. Crutchfield might give you an idea of what fits in the Toyota and if that same unit will fit the Nissan.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:28 PM
dkmesa350z

what an interesting question. Car Audio noob, huh?
Old 06-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
what an interesting question. Car Audio noob, huh?
Possibly new to the English language too.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We own a Scion tC, which my wife drives. Seriously man, if you think the tC's stock Pioneer sounds better than the Z's stock Bose, I really don't know what to tell ya...

And in case your Z doesn't have the stock Bose, its stock HU will still sound better than the tC's. I can't imagine anything sounding worse.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:06 PM
350zfriend

that's what I thought too...... The TC HU cannot be any better than just any stock HU out there.....

Last edited by 350zfriend; 06-04-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

toyota usually is usually wider than double din, so no it will not fit...

but then again why the hell...
Old 06-04-2006, 07:14 PM
rx7/350z

omfg are you serious?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Realrammstein

I thoroughly disagree. The Scion's double Din is made by Pioneer (and is as good as any Pioneer HU). I would kick my Bose unit out and take the Scion one, myself.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:37 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by Realrammstein
I thoroughly disagree. The Scion's double Din is made by Pioneer (and is as good as any Pioneer HU). I would kick my Bose unit out and take the Scion one, myself.
Uh..no. It is NOT as good as any Pioneer HU.

Bose makes some exceptional audio equipment for some of the best recording studios and opera halls in the world. Yet their system in Zs is sub par. Same is the case with Pioneer and the double DIN they have in the tC. Moral: Same brand does NOT equate same quality in every single setting.

I own both an '06 Z and an '05 tC and listen to music in both every single day. If you do the same (not a chance) and think tC sounds better than the Z, please come to my home for a listen and then explain the reasoning behind your "thorough" disagreement. In fact, for three weeks before the Z arrived, my wife and I carpooled daily so my ears were fully accustomed to the tC Pioneer's sound. The first time I heard the Z's Bose, the difference between the two was like night and day. I think you have never heard the two side by side.

So please check your facts before stating something so frivolous.

Last edited by usmanasif; 06-04-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
clk1022

I have a 05 TC and a 03 Z touring which come with the Bose. Actually, the HU is made by Clarion(it's what in the back of the HU). Anyways, I cannot really enjoy driving becuase of this BOSE system. I really think the pioneer in TC is 100X better then the Bose in Z. Please config your Pioneer to SSP-Feel. It is what I think it's really nice. However, it's a personal taste.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Derek

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Bose makes some exceptional audio equipment for some of the best recording studios and opera halls in the world. Yet their system in Zs is sub par. Same is the case with Pioneer and the double DIN they have in the tC. Moral: Same brand does NOT equate same quality in every single setting.
I'm a recording/audio/electrical engineer and I can assure you that Bose equipment is not being used in many (if any) recording studios. Nashville, where I live, has some of the finest studios in the world and you aren't going to find any Bose stuff there. Bose has made some low-end live-PA equipment that has been ignored by pretty much every live sound engineer I know.

Bose has made itself popular through marketing. By putting outrageously high prices on their products and selling them in boutique stores, they have managed to create a strong company image of "quality" in sound. Everyone's opinion is different, and if you like Bose equipment or not is basically irrelevant. If it works for you, then enjoy it because you certainly paid a premium for it.

I can, however, speak to the design and engineering of their products. The amplifiers and the speakers in the Z are very low quality by any standard you want to use. They use cheap materials in order to keep the cost of the product low. They are compensating for poor quality materials by liberal use of EQ and compression. These are the same principles they apply to their wave radio and those little plastic speakers they sell. Its this signal processing that creates a pleasing audible effect that people associate with "good" sound. The amplifiers use monolithic IC's coupled to weird impedances on the speakers in order to avoid the cost of building expensive DC-DC power supplies and output stages.

I'm not trying to start a flame war and there are thousands of people who are happy with their Bose products. I'm just not one of them.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:43 AM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by Derek
I'm a recording/audio/electrical engineer and I can assure you that Bose equipment is not being used in many (if any) recording studios. Nashville, where I live, has some of the finest studios in the world and you aren't going to find any Bose stuff there. Bose has made some low-end live-PA equipment that has been ignored by pretty much every live sound engineer I know.

Bose has made itself popular through marketing. By putting outrageously high prices on their products and selling them in boutique stores, they have managed to create a strong company image of "quality" in sound. Everyone's opinion is different, and if you like Bose equipment or not is basically irrelevant. If it works for you, then enjoy it because you certainly paid a premium for it.

I can, however, speak to the design and engineering of their products. The amplifiers and the speakers in the Z are very low quality by any standard you want to use. They use cheap materials in order to keep the cost of the product low. They are compensating for poor quality materials by liberal use of EQ and compression. These are the same principles they apply to their wave radio and those little plastic speakers they sell. Its this signal processing that creates a pleasing audible effect that people associate with "good" sound. The amplifiers use monolithic IC's coupled to weird impedances on the speakers in order to avoid the cost of building expensive DC-DC power supplies and output stages.

I'm not trying to start a flame war and there are thousands of people who are happy with their Bose products. I'm just not one of them.
Grand Opera House in Wilmington, DE, has Bose

Nah...no worries. I am glad you chimed in. I am certainly not a fan of Bose by any measure, hence none of the audio equipment in my home is made by them and why I will be replacing the Z's system soon, as I've planned to since long before I ordered the car.

What I do strongly maintain still, is that the OEM sound in Z, while tinny, is head and shoulders above that in a tC. I cannot believe that anyone could think otherwise. But then again, I know that our senses are all prone to objectivity, and what sounds terrible to me may sound great to someone else.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Derek

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Grand Opera House in Wilmington, DE, has Bose
What I do strongly maintain still, is that the OEM sound in Z, while tinny, is head and shoulders above that in a tC. I cannot believe that anyone could think otherwise. But then again, I know that our senses are all prone to objectivity, and what sounds terrible to me may sound great to someone else.
I'm with you on this point. I have a friend with a tC and I think the factory Z system is superior. The Z has a Clarion HU thats quite good overall. I did a test run hooking up the factory HU up to an Audio Control LC6 LOC (not using the Bose amp) and the output was dead clean and quiet.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:39 AM
rx7/350z

That's great, we all know bose sucks dick. That's not the issue. It's replacing a factory sterio with another FACTORY sterio. Why not just get a $100 5x4 radio from crutchfield that sounds 1000x better. Are you going to move the ****ty paper speakers over too?? lol

Last edited by rx7/350z; 06-05-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
MIAPLAYA

If you put this on your Scion:

You'd forget all about the stereo quality...
Old 06-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by rx7/350z
****ty paper speakers over too?? lol
paper speakers actually dont sound that bad...they just dont last