Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

compustar 2wss-as

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
rfdgn1228

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j*** z1
RFDGN1228 How much did installation cost for your Compustar 2W900FM?
$500 installed
Old 08-19-2006, 06:18 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by rfdgn1228
i just ordered my compustar 2wss-as alarm/remote start system and added the proximity sensors as well. just wondering what your experience was/is with this alarm and if its worth the money. also, is the claimed range is 1.25 miles. is there any truth to this b/c this is one of the main reasons why i am getting the alarm.
Where did you purchase yours and get the proximity sensors?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:32 AM
jazz z1

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Where did you purchase yours and get the proximity sensors?
I purchased mine from eBay. The name of the seller is (3Alarmdeal) The module is called 'DEI Field Disturbance Sensor'. I think it's priced at $45.00. It works super. Email address: [threealarmdeals@yahoo.com] Or go here: [http://stores.ebay.com/3-Alarm-Deals]

Last edited by jazz z1; 08-20-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
second2none

Little off topic, but I have a problem with my compustar wss-as. The alarm works fine but the door locks don't lock/unlock when arming/disarming. Could anyone chime in with help whether diagram of what needs to be done. Sucks because currently I arm the car with the compustar remote but also have to lock with keyless entry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
jazz z1

Originally Posted by second2none
Little off topic, but I have a problem with my compustar wss-as. The alarm works fine but the door locks don't lock/unlock when arming/disarming. Could anyone chime in with help whether diagram of what needs to be done. Sucks because currently I arm the car with the compustar remote but also have to lock with keyless entry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Perhaps you need to repeat the remote learning routine again.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
second2none

Perhaps you need to repeat the remote learning routine again.
Yeah, the installer was emailed pdf documents per install on the system and retried the routine. Still didn't work. Doors lock but to unlock is only single pulse. He had some sort of module that replicates the dual pulse installed to unlock the doors when disarming. So, I guess everything is kosher now.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 PM
taurran

I have the 2WSS-AS and it is VERY sensitive. I have it set on 2 out of 10 for the shock sensor, and it still will constantly go off with loud cars driving by on the street, even if i'm parked well off of it in a parking lot. I can't imagine having a proximity sensor on this thing. I'd never get a moments rest when inside/eating/etc.

I have the alarm with remote start, turbo timer, etc enabled and also have glass break, tilt sensor, and mercury level sensor on the hood installed.

The only issues I've had with it are:

1 - Sometimes it takes a few presses of the button to get the alarm to actually engage.

2 - Remote eats through batteries.

3 - Factory hood sensor on the 03 doesnt work with the aftermarket hood, and the alarm stopped functioning. I thought the body shop broke it, but ended up finding out that the spring sensor wasn't making contact. We ended up puting a mercury level sensor to detect the hood opening and unplugged the stock sensor.

4 - Auto start doesn't work the first time, every time. I'd say about half of the time, my car won't remote start and sounds like it's trying to crank over for about 5 seconds, then stops, it will then try again and it always works on the second time. I have a feeling this may have something to due with my aftermarket fuel pump and larger injectors, and that perhaps it's not giving it enough ignition to charge the fuel system... I could be wrong though. This happen to anyone else?

Overall the alarm is great and I do recommend it. There are still some small annoyances, though.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:45 AM
jazz z1

Glad you're up an running SECOND2NONE.

TAURRAN is correct. The shock sensor is extrememly sensitive. I have the perimeter sensor and it took awhile to tune it just right. I couldn't distingush the difference between the Continue Run Mode & Turbo Mode. They both accomplish the same function. For Continue Run Mode ... The AT is in park, I press the remote start button, remove the key from the ignition, and the car continues to run for a preset time. I selected the 2W900FM-AS unpon the recommendation of a poster here. It was a good selecton. I would highly recommend it as a great vehicle security choice.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:41 AM
second2none

Thanks j***! I agree with Taurran. My first night having the alarm. I ran out to three false alarms. Kids having their radio's on loud or obnoxious fart cans passing by. I also have the sensitivity set on 2. Overall, I like the capabilities and functions of the alarm.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased mine from eBay. The name of the seller is (3Alarmdeal) The module is called 'DEI Field Disturbance Sensor'. I think it's priced at $45.00. It works super. Email address: [threealarmdeals@yahoo.com] Or go here: [http://stores.ebay.com/3-Alarm-Deals]
Interfaces with optional DEI 516U Vocalarm module. When interfaced with the DEI 516U universal voice module it will give the Viper warn away message "STAND BACK THIS VEHICLE IS PROTECTED BY VIPER SECURITY SYSTEMS" instead of a warn away chirp or the DEI 516U can produce a generic warn away message in either Spanish or English "STAND BACK THIS VEHICLE IS PROTECTED BY SECURITY SYSTEMS"

That would come in handy here.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:14 AM
fordslowcus

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
Interfaces with optional DEI 516U Vocalarm module. When interfaced with the DEI 516U universal voice module it will give the Viper warn away message "STAND BACK THIS VEHICLE IS PROTECTED BY VIPER SECURITY SYSTEMS" instead of a warn away chirp or the DEI 516U can produce a generic warn away message in either Spanish or English "STAND BACK THIS VEHICLE IS PROTECTED BY SECURITY SYSTEMS"

That would come in handy here.
ooh i want one of those. how much?