Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

350z Electrical Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Takhteh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Electrical Diagram

I was in the car, ripping out wires to get the car back to stock and ready for sale, when I accidentally ripped out some stock wire, thinking it was one of the ones I needed to take out! I think it was for grounding the car, but am not sure. I was up and under that passenger side carpeting up towards the front, underneath the dash and everything. Anyone have a diagram of a wire series up there that appears to be connected to some type of ring connector, for a connection to the vehicle chassis? I can see some threads from a green wire from the front center of the car, deep and under the center dash console... but what the heck is this for? I'm freakin out a little now, please help!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Takhteh

Sorry if this is off topic slightly. I posted in the "350z" section, as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Takhteh

Ok.. Apparently it was moved back here!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's never a good thing to rip wires out of a car you don't plan on pushing into the compactor.

I don't see any grounds forward of the passenger's chair - I find them in the passenger's side pillar next to the door light switch and another one just forward of the second body cross member and a third ground wire on the passenger's side right above the third body cross member.

Ah found a picture on page 55 of the PG manual (power and ground).

That said the only place I've ever seen a ring connector used is in a ground connection ... and they're screwed down tight enough and wrapped into the harness you ought to have not been able to hank the thing out. If you have something aftermarket I would think that wire would belong to it.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Takhteh

Thanks for the diagram. This is definitely in front of the passenger seat, though, down and underneath all that carpeting, up in front. The wire I idiotically ripped out was, unfortunately, connected to a ring connector, as I ripped the darn thing's threads out and the ring connector, still, somehow remained with that sad little piece of wire still attached to it. Again, I can see a green wire coming from the front-center of the car which seems like it might connect to a small wire block which also has (1) blue and (1) red wire attached to it on one end (this is the end I think I need to solder the green wire to), and (1) black and (1) red wire coming out from the other end (I will also need to solder one of these wires). And I think that's it for the wires, but I'm just not sure. I just don't know what this is exactly for and don't know what I might have F'd up. I'll just try to solder what I can see and what I think belongs, battery disconnected first, of course and hope there are'nt any other wires I de-rooted and missed since I couldn't see everything down there that great.

Last edited by Takhteh; 07-20-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Takhteh
Thanks for the diagram. This is definitely in front of the passenger seat, though, down and underneath all that carpeting, up in front. The wire I idiotically ripped out was, unfortunately, connected to a ring connector, as I ripped the darn thing's threads out and the ring connector, still, somehow remained with that sad little piece of wire still attached to it. Again, I can see a green wire coming from the front-center of the car which seems like it might connect to a small wire block which also has (1) blue and (1) red wire attached to it on one end (this is the end I think I need to solder the green wire to), and (1) black and (1) red wire coming out from the other end (I will also need to solder one of these wires). And I think that's it for the wires, but I'm just not sure. I just don't know what this is exactly for and don't know what I might have F'd up. I'll just try to solder what I can see and what I think belongs, battery disconnected first, of course and hope there are'nt any other wires I de-rooted and missed since I couldn't see everything down there that great.
So it might be a part of the power seat or heater? The seat comes out easy enough with two connectors and four 14mm bolts.

(does the passenger's seat have power?)
Old 07-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Takhteh

Unfortunately...I don't have power seats! Haha. But I figure whatever doesn't work after I try and patch things up will be the only way to tell. Hopefully all will work, though. Thx for your $0.02.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Takhteh

WTF, I almost lit my car on fire! That green wire cannot be a ground as I connected it to the ring terminal, and almost instantaneously after hooking the negative terminal back up to the battery, the car started smoking and the green wire went up in flames- from passenger side to driver's. Does nobody know what the heck this green wire does?? I don't know where it connects to on the passenger side, but on the driver's side, underneath all the carpeting, it hooks up to the big, fat red wire at the fuse box or something. Anyone have any ideas?? I am F'ing my car up royally.

Last edited by Takhteh; 07-21-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Takhteh

You can imagine, if your car starts smoking, and it's not even the engine...it's kind of scary to witness. Could someone post a pic or even describe to me in words what the wiring is supposed to look like underneath that front carpeting, on the passenger side? I'm talking about the ring connector connected to the chassis. I need to find out what wire the ring connector is connected to and also find out about some wire that looks to be an antenna for the radio (a black wire with a big bulge in it, such as when connecting two rca cables to each other). I am really desperate. I can't even turn on the car safely.

Last edited by Takhteh; 07-21-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

It's not like I really don't want to pull my car out and spend an hour ripping out the interior for you but ... is it possible that you might have a digital camera on your end and you could take a picture of the wire, terminal lug, and the area where you found them?

If the wire wasn't bundled (black electrical taped) into the car's harness that's a bogus wire hanging loose from some installation. If it cross from the passenger's side, under the console, and then under the driver's seat that means it's likely heading for the J/K fuse box just to the left of the driver's foot.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

PS: factory wires don't connect green wires to red ones!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:38 AM
reptile718

If wire colors are either red yellow orange or green I would think twice before connecting them to any ground b/c most of the time they have a current going through them. Do you have a Bose system in your vehicle?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:31 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would've been easier if you had a multimeter handy for checking wires before making any attempt to connect it to voltage or ground.