Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Alpine Time Correction Stats

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Gish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Time Correction Stats

Hey everyone. I have the alpine 7894 and wanted to know what everyone else has put as their time alignment settings. Mine measurements were as follows:

LF- 1.2 ms 27 inches
LR- 1.6 ms 22 inches
RF- 0 43 inches
RR- 0.5 ms 36 inches

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ended up putting these numbers in to make it sound the best:

LF- 2.0 ms
LR- 1.4 ms
RF- 0
RR- 0.5 ms
+ I also "balanced" the eq to R2.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my system, this made the imaging so damn incredible. The sound has a tendency to hang on the driver's side a-frame speaker so you have to do some serious adjustments to bring the sound stage to the center.

Gish
Old 03-08-2003, 05:54 AM
gstdtim

I'm having a little trouble understanding how the right front speaker is closer to you than the left front one.

Other than that, thanks for the post.......I'm going to give those numbers a shot.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Gish

See my measurements. RF speaker is 43 inches away. Since it is the farthest speaker, it has NO time delay. This is the speaker whose soundwaves take the longest to reach your ear. You don't want to delay that speaker. That is also why you have to balance it by R2. Hope that helps!

Gish
Old 03-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Gish

Also note that everyone is going to have different speakers and amps (with different gain settings) so this is just the optimal staging for MY system. I am sure everyone else's will be different. It would be interesting to hear what other people's optimal settings are in their car.

Gish
Old 03-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

Thanks for the measurements. I was screwing around with that today, kinda trying it "by ear".

I'll tweek mine to match yours and see what happens.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Gish
Also note that everyone is going to have different speakers and amps (with different gain settings) so this is just the optimal staging for MY system. I am sure everyone else's will be different. It would be interesting to hear what other people's optimal settings are in their car.

Gish
Thanks for the measurements. I have the same speakers (Boston Z6 F&R) so it will be interesting to see if there is much of a difference. I finally get to hear my car's install this Tuesday or Wednesday and your post sent my anticipation up another notch! By the way, how did you handle the tweeters? Did you keep them as part of the speaker or remove them and put them where the factory tweeters are? Also, did you ever post pictures of your install?
Old 03-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Gish

Anyone2U-

The Boston Z6 sound incredible after I added the Alpine HU. They (or any speaker for that matter) won't sound good with the factory HU. I just dropped some serious cash for an aftermarket HU/Nav hookup (since I have the nav and it had to be bypassed into a custom alpine nav speaker), and a custom (I can't wait to post the pics) dash piece to hold the headunit. I am supposed to get the pics from the stereo shop soon, and I will post them.

As for the mounting, I separated them. Tweeter in factory location in the a-frame of door, and mid at the bottom of door. The speakers are the best i have ever heard (I have heard Focal Utopia, dynaudio) and it is a pleasure to get in the car every day to listen to my Paul van Dyk and DJ Tiesto!

I will post pics in a big thread Mon or Tuesday. This dash piece looks so badass the thread will probably have a million replies!

Gish
Old 03-10-2003, 07:49 AM
ccondo

Default tried the settings

I have the alpine 7996 player, with MB quart seperates. My head unit also has something called Bass Focus ??? - (I have only had the unit for 2 days) I changed to the settings that you suggested. And they were way off. One thing that people need to consider when changing these things is not just the distance but also how you have the gains on your amps (if you have them) I really tone down the rear in my car because I want everything staging on the hood.

I ended up just playing with it by ear, and only really consintrated on the left to right. I think I ended up just delaying the front left by .5 ms.