Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Finaly!! An Ipod Interface For The Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
luZt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orbitalpunk
so this does work on a 07 non bose? when you select 07 on there site, they only recommend the wireless ones. not the direct connect one. is that because they dont think it works with 07 or just don't know?

thanks
The packaging of my unit said it was for 03-5 Zs. But I installed it on my 06 and it works perfectly. As far as I know there is no difference between the interiors of the 06 and 07, so it should work for you as well. Only issue I could see would be if they changed the head unit to accomodate blue tooth...

BTW, you could call USA Spec and ask them about 07 compatability yourself. Their number is 626-336-3836 (9-4 PST).

Originally Posted by stein
Can someone sum up this thread as to what the pa11-nis works with! I think it would help others figure this out!

year - bose/non-bose stock HU
Good idea!

2006, non-bose HU
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 AM
DEN350Z

Originally Posted by orbitalpunk
so this does work on a 07 non bose? when you select 07 on there site, they only recommend the wireless ones. not the direct connect one. is that because they dont think it works with 07 or just don't know?

thanks
WORKS GREAT ON 07 NON BOSE
Old 05-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Le Zed

YOU ARE THE FREAKING MAN!!! MANNNNN!!!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 08:33 AM
07MIA350

Thumbs down

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to drop a quick FYI- This doesn't work on the 07 with Navi/Bose system. Not sure if it's because of the bluetooth or what, but the head unit does not have the sat port in the back. So you are able to feed it power but not able to do anything else. I just got it and try it out, which i should have pulled the radio out before doing that.

Well good luck, i'll keep looking around as well in case something works...
Old 05-26-2007, 10:54 AM
wynd d z33

wow sucks must be somethin you can do tho.. lol
Old 05-26-2007, 11:31 PM
ZDWEEBIE

I've got a question about instalation. I know that you pop up the shifter boot and remove those 2 screws. But the next step is where I've got issues. With factory navigation arent the last two screws under the nav control panel? If so how do you pop up that panel without jacking it up. Mines a 06 and there is not much of a gap to pop it out. Any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:34 PM
ZDWEEBIE

Unhappy

Anyone?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 AM
07MIA350

Here you go: http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...s350zRadio.htm
hope that helps

On the 07 if anyone is interested, the control panel cannot be just popped up. On the side that's right next to screen, you have to pop a little cover, then remove two screws for the control panel to come out. Then after you have the 2 screws behind it to be able to remove console. Also there are two more on the bottom side behind the ac controls on the 07 as well that am not sure the previous versions had.

Good luck
Old 06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
jct9841

Default wiring harness detail

Hey,

Installed the unit in my 2006 enthusiast, base radio. Works great.

The factory instructions to connect the harness/plugs to the radio are a bit weak. See the following more more info:

USA Spec instructions don't tell you, but the cable has 3 connectors. You must disconnect the largest connector that is plugged into the stereo and plug it into the female plug on the cable. The matching male connector (from adaptor's cable) plugs into the stereo instead of the one that was disconnected. This essentially connected the adapter in-line with the wires (probably just few of them) that used to go directly from the car to the stereo.

The 3rd and last plug from the cable is plugged into the empty (CD Changer) slot in the stereo. This completes the electrical part of the installation. Unfortunately the manufacturer didn't bother to elaborate beyond "connect the adapted to the stereo".

Hope this helps someone.

Later, JT
Old 06-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Dazed1

Does anyone know if this will work with a G35, 06, stock HU without navigation?

I just bought the car yesterday so have not removed the center console yet to check if it has the connectors
Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by nothingremains
never heard complaints from anyone else
then you don't talk to anyone about them then. lol
Old 06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by lb's vq35
finaly after waiting for a long time and searching the net i got this ipod interface. i installed it today and it works with my stock stereo.. and it also works with aftermarket stereos as well.. but the bets thing is that i can control the song selection with the wheel controls. to top it off it charges too. you never have to use that cigarret charger.. it connect in the bottom portion of the ipod the digital connection so it sounds great.. im hyped about this product is a lil pricy but well worth it hands down and instalment is easy hard part is taking off the dash cover lol i recommend this to all you guys and if you can get it cheaper spread the news to others here this is were i got it fromhttp://www.icarkits.com/advanced_sea...icle=1&sort=4d
I just installed this on my 03 G35 (sorry kids Bose comes standard with the G lol) without Navi over the weekend. It was quite a ***** to install on the G. It is a great little mod though. I wish I could switch artists and still control my IPod while it is connected. I do like however how you can switch songs and all with the steering wheel controls

Had to tear out the glovebox and all, and all of the shroud underneath the steering wheel as well. It also didn't come with installation instructions so I had to google and search the forums before I installed it.

Here it is installed.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by Dazed1
Does anyone know if this will work with a G35, 06, stock HU without navigation?

I just bought the car yesterday so have not removed the center console yet to check if it has the connectors
yes it will work. Mine does't have navi and it works pefectly.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
vegaseric

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
...(sorry kids Bose comes standard with the G lol) ...
Bose comes standard with Premium Package-equipped G's. You can get a G without the Premium Package and the accompanying Bose stereo.

I think I'm going this route on my G35:
http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=521

Anybody else install the Nissan OEM Ipod Adapter?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:32 PM
tonyc4s

Originally Posted by
I think I'm going this route on my G35:
[url
http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/product_info.php?cPath=58_27&products_id=521[/url]

Anybody else install the Nissan OEM Ipod Adapter?

That is real nice, best integrated IPOD I've seen. Does anyone know if this works for the Z??? 07 w/Bose and Nav.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:05 PM
tonyc4s

Found this on ebay... Has anyone tried this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...5333QQtcZphoto
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i have one, its the chit
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Sponge

How is the PA-11 NIS volume compare to the volume of the CD player? I went a different route and I had to buy a line amplifier to match the output that the stock Bose CD player has. Only drawbacks are that I get some hiss at no volume and distortion at levels above a volume setting of 22.

Any pics of the ebay thing that displays text on the Bose radio display? How easy is it to use? This looks like a good option but I want some feedback before jumping on this item.

Last edited by Sponge; 07-06-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:25 AM
jjwalker

Originally Posted by Sponge
How is the PA-11 NIS volume compare to the volume of the CD player? I went a different route and I had to buy a line amplifier to match the output that the stock Bose CD player has. Only drawbacks are that I get some hiss at no volume and distortion at levels above a volume setting of 22.

Any pics of the ebay thing that displays text on the Bose radio display? How easy is it to use? This looks like a good option but I want some feedback before jumping on this item.
You can adjust individual or groups of songs in iTunes as well as set an EQ level.

A few songs I've had to do this to boost the volume.

Of course if you are an **** retentive audiophile nut you would run everything flat, then again no audiophile nut would be listening to the stock system.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by jjwalker
You can adjust individual or groups of songs in iTunes as well as set an EQ level.

A few songs I've had to do this to boost the volume.

Of course if you are an **** retentive audiophile nut you would run everything flat, then again no audiophile nut would be listening to the stock system.
The only reason you would need to boost the volume would be for the varying quality of MP3 files you have on your ipod, which you would have to do anyways if you were just wearing headphones. Stolen (limewire, kazaa, etc.) music (which is usually of horrible quality anyways) and music you download off itues never sounds as good as the music you rip from your personal CD's.

Quick Reply: Finaly!! An Ipod Interface For The Z