Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Paul350Z,Leemik,Notion will Lilliput 7'' EBY701 fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Z1truth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paul350Z,Leemik,Notion will Lilliput 7'' EBY701 fit?

Hey A/V/PC guru's,
As some of you guys know I'm not only building my A/V system, but now tha Carpc too. You all have truly inspired me. I know it is going to be headaches BUT waht the heck....it will be worth it big time. I have a deal with this Lilliput 7'' EBY701 in the mix. (check out link below)
http://www.carputercenter.com/PRODUC...0/Default.aspx

This lilliput monitor has the buttons on the side making it wider. Will it fit in my 06 cubby hole alright?????? Can it be made to fit or should stick with the
Lilliput 619 7" touchscreen . What are your expert opinions?????
Old 01-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I don’t think it will fit, at least not without doing some dremel surgery on the cubby itself.

Here are measurements (these are measurements for the unit size, not the screen size):

Farenheit T-7000MHR (177.8x127x22.8) the screen Paul shows to be a perfect fit
Lilliput EBY701 (192 x 115 x 30mm)

You can see the fitment problem. Vertical is OK. Depth is OK. Width is not OK. Even if you stuff this thing into the space, you have to do some cutting to expose the buttons on the right side. And, you are cutting up the $100 cubby box instead of a $10 lower trim piece. I think the best choice when mounting a screen with buttons you need to access is an LCD screen with buttons located on the bottom of the screen. I say this because the cubby is symmetrical (left-to-right), and your surgery to expose lower buttons is on a $10 trim piece.

I’ve tried fitting two other screens (both with buttons on the bottom). I could get them to fit (sort of), but not nearly as neat an install as what Paul describes in his Farenheit thread. --Spike
Old 01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Sisith

I fit that exact monitor in my car and got it looking stock. It was not plug and play though. I had to dremel off alot of the coverplate for the screen and then jb weld it to the back of the cubby. I did this so that the monitor would have its regular fitment in the cubby without the rest of the casing. I then ziptied the screen in place. There is absolutely no movement or give when you push the screen. And this new screen looks way sharper then the old lilli's. It took some creativity to get it to fit but it can be done. And no i dont have any pictures of it mounted =(
Old 01-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fit that exact monitor in my car and got it looking stock.
That's a better answer than I could have given you!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by Sisith
I fit that exact monitor in my car and got it looking stock. It was not plug and play though. I had to dremel off alot of the coverplate for the screen and then jb weld it to the back of the cubby. I did this so that the monitor would have its regular fitment in the cubby without the rest of the casing. I then ziptied the screen in place. There is absolutely no movement or give when you push the screen. And this new screen looks way sharper then the old lilli's. It took some creativity to get it to fit but it can be done. And no i dont have any pictures of it mounted =(
Please... post a pic of your install (if you don't have a digital camera, get a friend to do the photo). That sound's great... Would really like to see how it looks since I have not been able to do this and have it look stock like you did. --Spike
Old 01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy hacked up his 06 cubby to fit a 7" LCD:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76992
Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by leemik
It looks OK (actually pretty good), but the close-up shows the "pig boat look." Notice the patch over the lower trim piece. I'm probably being a little critical of this guy's very good efforts, but Paul's install was just so perfect.

Thanks for posting the link. You understand. --Spike
===================
Edit (to save another post): I hope that Sisith finds time to post pics of his install.

Last edited by Spike100; 01-16-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Z1truth

Originally Posted by leemik
Well "HACKED" is the operative word! I bought and returned that 03-05 cubby deal he used in his a 06 model but...... IT'S NOT GOOD! I saw Evobunny's install of the 03-05 cubby installed in his 06 and while a valiant try.....no cigar.
I guess the main question is can this be fit in a stock 06 "fliplid " cubby????
And searching got me no where. Your real world experiences is what I need guys!

Last edited by Z1truth; 01-16-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Z1truth

Originally Posted by Sisith
I'm like Spike......I ain't believeing till I'm seeing!!! PLEASE borrower the neighbors digital camera if you could! Cause if you got it looking stock..I want to grow up to be like you!!!LOL!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Sisith

I used an 03 cubby but any of the years will work for my method. You take off the outer casing of the lilli, then you cut off whatever you need around the faceplate so that the opening in the faceplate and the opening on the cubby line up perfectly. Then you glue the faceplate to the back of the cubby and then zip-tie the monitor to the faceplate using the mounting holes existing in the cubbies.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 AM
Sisith

And here's a pic of my custom amp/carpc rack for the hole behind the driver's seat

Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Spike100

I realize that I am risking sounding like a jerk (worst case) or a pick (not as bad), but posting a link that requires registration on a foreign site isn't the best way to display your pics on this Forum. That requires registering on yet another forum, adding another user ID and password, and if it is just to view a couple of pics, it probably isn't worth it. Most of the users here won't bother. There are a lot of easy ways to display your pics without requiring this Forum's members to do a lot of work just to see a pic.

Just thought I should point this out. No big deal though. --Spike