Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
you arent able to view the pics downloaded on your IPOD through the headunit, are you?
From what I understand, video only. Maybe Mando can clarify.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:37 PM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by K2`
I have two problems.. and its prolly me being stupid..

I burn like 800 mp3s onto a dvd.. but when I put it into the unit.. it only displays 255 of them.. i've burned it twice.. and its the same thing... i'm using a DVD+RW

also.. how do I change the background... i have pictures on the dvd as well.. but I can't push the button to change it.. it is greyed out.

please help!

THANKS!
It is the way you are setting it up in your PC before you burn it. You are putting each song into a single folder. It will only read up to 254 folders, but you can put up to 255 files in each folder. Think of each file as one song. If my math is correct that is 64770 files. You have to make more folders.
Most people make a seperate folder for each Genre or even a seperate folder for each artist. This will solve your problem.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:25 PM
quentinc25

Thanks Nazar for the the DNX7100. It is installed with a backup camera and bluetooth and is a great product. The only issues I have had is when I put in a CD the screen folds down and stays down until I shut the car off. Must be a setting some place but haven't found it yet. Also very strange, my service engine light came on after the install the first time I drove it down the road. I brought the car back and removed the negative battery terminal to reset the computer and the light went away and has not come back. If you guys would like to veiw some picks of the install and my car you can find them here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/quentinc...60762397991104

If felt pretty crazy taking a car apart that only had 200 miles on it and I have only had it for a week.

Next up is Diamond audio speakers!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:33 PM
quentinc25

Originally Posted by quentinc25
Thanks Nazar for the the DNX7100. It is installed with a backup camera and bluetooth and is a great product. The only issues I have had is when I put in a CD the screen folds down and stays down until I shut the car off. Must be a setting some place but haven't found it yet. Also very strange, my service engine light came on after the install the first time I drove it down the road. I brought the car back and removed the negative battery terminal to reset the computer and the light went away and has not come back. If you guys would like to veiw some picks of the install and my car you can find them here:

If felt pretty crazy taking a car apart that only had 200 miles on it and I have only had it for a week.

I forgot to say that I installed the bluetooth mic just to the left of the unit. You can see it in some of the photos of the unit after install. It works very well there and while testing I found that it worked better than my TL because there was no delay and I was much clearer to the person on the other end. I didn't have to drill any holes for the mic so that made that location that much better. I also ran the iPod cables and usb cable into the cabin above the radio so I can plug in the iPod cable or a USB device. Again no holes drilled but I will have to go back and drimmel out a little of one of the pop outs in the cubby.

Last edited by quentinc25; 04-14-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:30 AM
azula

I forgot to say that I installed the bluetooth mic just to the left of the unit. You can see it in some of the photos of the unit after install. It works very well there and while testing I found that it worked better than my TL because there was no delay and I was much clearer to the person on the other end. I didn't have to drill any holes for the mic so that made that location that much better. I also ran the iPod cables and usb cable into the cabin above the radio so I can plug in the iPod cable or a USB device. Again no holes drilled but I will have to go back and drimmel out a little of one of the pop outs in the cubby.

so how exactly does the ipod hook up to this unit? via usb or a special ipod chord like previous generations? also, nice setup! looking good man.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:47 AM
quentinc25

Originally Posted by azula
so how exactly does the ipod hook up to this unit? via usb or a special ipod chord like previous generations? also, nice setup! looking good man.
The iPod connects to the Unit via USB so that is why you can only use the
5th generation iPods. The Unit also has a video and audio cable for the iPod. You still have to use a specific cable for the radio to be able to connect to USB and the other audio/video cables. My guess it that Kenwood uses the USB to control the device and the other cables for Audio/Video feed.

I was able to connect my 4th generation to the iPod audio cable and it would work but I could only control it using the ipod. I just picked up a 5th generation iPod last night so I will find out later today how well it really works.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
nova350z

I had the same problem with the screen. For me, it was the parking brake line. Once I grounded it, the screen worked fine (to be clear, it was not hooked up anywhere, not the brake or ground).
Old 04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
quentinc25

Originally Posted by nova350z
I had the same problem with the screen. For me, it was the parking brake line. Once I grounded it, the screen worked fine (to be clear, it was not hooked up anywhere, not the brake or ground).
That is strange because I did ground the wire. I might have to pull it back out to check the ground. I just connected it to the radio ground.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the screen settings? I can't change the position of the screen for some reason.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am getting 3 more units in next week.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Faikius

Has anyone made a custom background for this unit yet?

I'm looking for a simple black background with the Z logo in the center
Old 04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
THE TECH

I've added custom wallpapers to mine, but you will never really see the entire thing as far as I can tell as long as you are using the device.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Faikius

Originally Posted by THE TECH
I've added custom wallpapers to mine, but you will never really see the entire thing as far as I can tell as long as you are using the device.
After loading up a background, I see what you mean

Still looks cool though.

On a sidenote, I created a background with the Z logo against a black backdrop in the screens native res if anyone's interested...

Edit: Thanks to Nazar for the advice and getting the unit to me asap
Old 04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are only able to upload these backgrounds through the usb cable thing correct?

You arent able to save them on to a CD or something and download that way?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Faikius

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
you are only able to upload these backgrounds through the usb cable thing correct?

You arent able to save them on to a CD or something and download that way?
USB only as far as I know...
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
daverx7

Will this head unit require any kind of kit for a clean and professional install, or does it come with a cover that fits real well with the Z?

Thanks,

-Dave
Old 04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
azula

Originally Posted by Nazar
I am getting 3 more units in next week.
can you let me know when those units are coming in exactly? i'd like to purchase one....i will pm you.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Faikius
USB only as far as I know...
Yup!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by daverx7
Will this head unit require any kind of kit for a clean and professional install, or does it come with a cover that fits real well with the Z?

Thanks,

-Dave
You'll want to get the Metra kit.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:11 AM
daverx7

Originally Posted by THE TECH
You'll want to get the Metra kit.
Thanks!! I'll make sure I get that on the way home tonight.

Thanks again!

-Dave
Old 04-28-2007, 09:54 AM
t2krook

Default Advice needed on 7100

I have read this entire thread and had a couple of questions., but first my situation:

I have installed the Avic-d3 Unit and generaly it has been performing well but I have a few beefs. 1st I opted for the BT-200 unit to take phonecalls on the head unit but compatibility has been a struggle. I had the 6700 PPC phone from sprint and it wouldnt synce without errors to the unit, so I switched out to the Palm 700WX model and it wouldnt sync either. I tried a Palm OS model and actualy could "recieve" a call but got no audio when trying to "make" a call. (Sure there was something I coulda done but dont like palm OS anyways).

So I'm at the point of thinking to go with the 7100 but wanted advice.

1 First, would be is there an adapter to transfer my toyota steeringwheel
controls to allow 7100 operatrion?
2 Are the 300 units for Ipod A/V ussage even available?

3 Most important of these three is, what success have any of you had with
the Bluetooth operation ? What model of phone, and what about the 7100
unit autosyncing with your phone?

Any help with these questions would be greatly apreciated.

Quick Reply: New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price