Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

expensive system, how can i not feel paranoid when parking anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
alan86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expensive system, how can i not feel paranoid when parking anywhere?

Even with an alarm, if a theif wants your ****, he'll take it in less than a minute. So what do you guys do, and how do you do it. I've already been jacked numerous times with or w/o an alarm. Figured theres no point in getting an upgraded stereo at all. Maybe use the stock deck with subs and amp, but thats it.

only deterrents i know:
never park in the parking garage
have a killer alarm
tint windows
detach faceplate

what do you guys do? damn im paranoid
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
jamaicanj

Insure your stuff so if all hell breaks loose, you wont feel as bad if your stuff disappears
Old 03-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Motero
Banned

Tint all the windows... even though that still grabs attention
Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
tattoo60012

move out of the ghetto
Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the HU stock by using a JL Cleasnsweep, use factory grills only, hide amps in glovebox or bose speaker hole. If you put in subs, make sure they face the rear. Don't play the stereo loud before you park or anywhere near your home.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Lancaster

car alarms work, u just need all the add-ons

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG
Old 03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

you can also pull the face off your factory radio to put over a double din while it's parked???
Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
michaeljr6

when i had my system installed....it was a stealth setup. you couldn't see anything except for the detachable face plate. the amps and everything were in the bose subwoofer compartment. subs were in the spare area. just make sure you don't play your music loud at malls, movie theatre...and use basic common sense
Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sean1967
Keep the HU stock by using a JL Cleasnsweep, use factory grills only, hide amps in glovebox or bose speaker hole. If you put in subs, make sure they face the rear. Don't play the stereo loud before you park or anywhere near your home.
^ Last statement is good advice..most people loose their stuff because they advertise by booming around town.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 AM
alan86

great advice, thx
Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Someone just stole my sons $1,800 HU out of his Honda. It has a very sensitive VIPER alarm system.

In Downtown Atlanta.....the alarm did go off !!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 AM
tomiegunzz

Limo Tint
Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 AM
james840a

9mm mini Uzi
Or hook up C4 to your alarm. so if the thief does get in, he blows up

Just kidding, Try to keep a stealth install, a good alarm. But in the end if they want it bad enough there going to get it. Just make sure it is Insured and take pictures so you have proof.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alan86
Even with an alarm, if a theif wants your ****, he'll take it in less than a minute. So what do you guys do, and how do you do it. I've already been jacked numerous times with or w/o an alarm. Figured theres no point in getting an upgraded stereo at all. Maybe use the stock deck with subs and amp, but thats it.

only deterrents i know:
never park in the parking garage
have a killer alarm
tint windows
detach faceplate

what do you guys do? damn im paranoid

alarm with ignition kill shock sensor and pager

and a hood lock

so when alarm goes off it can not be silenced thru opening hood and cutting wire to siren and or cutting wire to horn

oh yeah i roll a glock 19 with +2 and laser max internal laser
Old 03-13-2007, 07:21 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

headunit part you cant help much, detachable face, security strap...but honestly, most of the time, the best thing to do is to insure it, caue if you secure it too much, they will screw up your dash to take it...might as well insure it for full retail, so you get a brand new one if htey do...

cuase at hte end of the day, to rip out a headunit, a skilled guy can do it in about 30 seconds, he dont care of the alarm is going off, just punch, dam screw driver, wedge and yank, and go...

as for the rest of the system, to me, its rather simple, i have never had a customer of mine get anything other than their headunit taken in all these yeras, that is among those who got an install that looks like this:

Old 03-13-2007, 07:22 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

p.s. the Z stock stere odoes NOT need a cleansweep...
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
azula

get a garage if you're worried about parking at home....if possible.

and get a gun if you're in the ghetto....lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
LAKERSFAN

Trunk Monkey
Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
alan86

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
headunit part you cant help much, detachable face, security strap...but honestly, most of the time, the best thing to do is to insure it, caue if you secure it too much, they will screw up your dash to take it...might as well insure it for full retail, so you get a brand new one if htey do...

cuase at hte end of the day, to rip out a headunit, a skilled guy can do it in about 30 seconds, he dont care of the alarm is going off, just punch, dam screw driver, wedge and yank, and go...

as for the rest of the system, to me, its rather simple, i have never had a customer of mine get anything other than their headunit taken in all these yeras, that is among those who got an install that looks like this:

nice stealth, but i heard that sound quality is diminished when the sub is facing upwards the trunk, how does yours sound? alot of trunk rattle? Thats why im thinking about getting the zenclosure w/ dynamat.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Matt8200

+1 for the upgraded car alarm

South Africans are serious about protecting their cars, and the law favors them. In RSA, it's legal- and even common- to equip your wheels with "theft deterrent" devices like tear gas spray, electric shock systems, even lethal poison gas, acid showers and flamethrowers.

One unidentified owner of a fine automobile couldn't bring himself to install a lethal device, but wanted any wannabe car thieves at least rendered unconscious. He had an airbag installed in his car's roof, right over the driver's head, set to go off if anyone climbed behind the wheel without first hitting the disable switch. The object was just to knock the sucker out. It didn't work, but then it worked better than he hoped.

Pieter Niewoudt didn't have to use his pistol to ****** the car, so he stuck it back in his pocket before he sat down. Apparently his hand was still wrapped around his roscoe and his finger on the trigger when his butt smacked the leather. That's when the bag went off.

Okay, he wasn't quite knocked unconscious by the exploding air bag, but there were so many little spinning stars and chirpin' birdies circling his thoroughly stunned noggin that he thought he had been shot. Naturally, his first reaction was to return fire. The fact that his pistol was still in his front pants pocket didn't quite make the cerebral connection.

Score: One self-inflicted wound that destroyed his right knee, and the second shot-the "money shot"-took out the base of his *****.

No, the South Africans didn't spend a lot of taxpayer Rand on reconstructive surgery for criminals. They just whack things off even and slap on a bandage.

Stumpy or Gimpy or Stumpy Gimpy ain't gonna be running from cops or dallying with the ladies in the future. And they say there's no justice...
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...26/ai_80616527

Quick Reply: expensive system, how can i not feel paranoid when parking anywhere?