Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

AVIC-D3 Install Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 AM
My350P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indo784
First, I spliced the VSS wire into the white wire like it said in the guide, and its giving very odd readouts, saying I'm moving at 16mph and jumping around even when I'm sitting still.

I'm guessing I spliced it into the wrong wire? Or it could be related to my second issue which is that it thinks I'm in New york when I'm in Indiana.
You used the white wire from the AC control unit harnesses, not one from the actual head unit harnesses, correct?

As for the location thing, dumb question but did you set your home location already? Mine thought I was in the midwest somewhere and kept telling me to put the correct nav disk in, when I live on the east coast. Fixed when I entered my home location.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
GSX-R350Z

Hey guys in the middle of installing my D3...

Was wondering what you guys did with the Blue and White "Amp trigger" Wire on the PAC-ROEM NIS2

Thanks =)
Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 AM
jjab86

can anybody tell me how to remove the console on my automatic 350z? and has anybody done the install while keeping the functionality of the steering wheel buttons? i appreciate any help i can get, thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
My350P

Side note for anyone using the ipod cable and planning to pretty much leave the ipod in the car all the time - There is plenty of room between the top of the Avic and the bottom of the cubby inside of the dash to stuff the cable and ipod itself in and just leave them there out of sight.

I have a large leather case thing on mine that keeps it from moving around, and any time you need to take it out just unscrew and pop out that one little trim piece inside the cubby.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Allano

I am going to install Pioneer AVH-P6050DVD, after read through this thread, the items that I need in order to complete the installation are:-

1. PAC SWI-PS
2. PAC ROEM-NIS2
3. Metra Dash Kit

Please let me know if I left out any item.

Beside, my Z came with the navi system but I will disable the navi system. However, can anyone tell me how's the wiring to the stok monitor to Pioneer AVH-P6050DVD.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by My350P
Side note for anyone using the ipod cable and planning to pretty much leave the ipod in the car all the time - There is plenty of room between the top of the Avic and the bottom of the cubby inside of the dash to stuff the cable and ipod itself in and just leave them there out of sight.

I have a large leather case thing on mine that keeps it from moving around, and any time you need to take it out just unscrew and pop out that one little trim piece inside the cubby.
So does your iPod turn on automatically when the head unit powers up? Or do you have to manually turn on the iPod every time you want to use it?

Also general question for avic D3 owners, can you listen to music while using the navigation system (assuming you're using an iPod as your source, not a cd)? The demo on Youtube that the OP posted showed him using the nav but he didn't have music playing. I'm assuming you can do both at once, but before I drop big $$$ on something I want to be sure. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
deviljon

ipod automatically turns on and off with the car. you do NOT have to manually turn it on everytime.

YES, you can listen to music (ipod) while using the navigation. when the navi voice speaks, you can have it either speak over the music playing, or just temporarily mute the music.

hope that helps!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by deviljon
ipod automatically turns on and off with the car. you do NOT have to manually turn it on everytime.

YES, you can listen to music (ipod) while using the navigation. when the navi voice speaks, you can have it either speak over the music playing, or just temporarily mute the music.

hope that helps!
Thanks man, that answered my questions! Now to resist the temptation of buying one...
Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 AM
_ink

Originally Posted by digital_spatula
Just started install on '05 w/ Bose. Using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 and have two questions:

1. I've got two connectors left over from the factory Bose HU. Do I need to do anything with those? (see pic below)

2. There are 4 wires on the PAC that aren't being used because I didn't find any matching wires on the Avic harness. Is that cool or do those need to go somewhere (see pic below):
- LF low level (+) - white/red
- RF low level (+) - gray/red
- LR low level (+) - green/red
- RR low level (+) - purple/red

There's very little info out there on the PAC wiring so hopefully this will help those in the same cruch as me.
Any answer to this??? An answer to this would be tremendously beneficial to the BOSE models who are installing the PAC..

please please please please relpY!!!!!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 PM
_ink

somebody?? Anybody??
Old 05-18-2008, 12:44 AM
GSX-R350Z

those little white connectors are pissing me off...
Old 05-18-2008, 02:12 AM
_ink

Whys that?
Old 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM
GSX-R350Z

i'm convinced someone at nissan superglued that one white connector that connects to the white ac box...

i got everything else out with ease and this one is just giving me trouble...i just moved on and didnt take it out...
Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
xNeo

Hey guys, I got my D3 installed about 6-7 months back by a buddy of mine he used to work at Circuit City. He did a great job, he did the Ipod hookup for me, so I didn't noticed until the next day that my Radio (am/fm) didn't work. I asked him he said either, he didn't push the plug in all the way or it needs some sort of converter for the pioneer radio. I never listen to the radio so I didn't even care, but now I want to listen to it. I took the dash apart and looked and doesn't look like I'm missing anything and it's pushed in all the way (I think). Am I missing something, is my radio not working? I have a different antenna so I thought that was it, but I put stock one on and nothing. It's just all fuzz, I get one or two radio stations here and there but they sound like sht. Any suggestions? I don't wana bother him with somethign this small, I might just get XM or serious, but don't wana pay to listen to the Radio.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
deviljon

your radio isn't working because you need to hook up the antenna wires. i believe they're blue.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:18 PM
vispre

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xNeo
Hey guys, I got my D3 installed about 6-7 months back by a buddy of mine he used to work at Circuit City. He did a great job, he did the Ipod hookup for me, so I didn't noticed until the next day that my Radio (am/fm) didn't work. I asked him he said either, he didn't push the plug in all the way or it needs some sort of converter for the pioneer radio. I never listen to the radio so I didn't even care, but now I want to listen to it. I took the dash apart and looked and doesn't look like I'm missing anything and it's pushed in all the way (I think). Am I missing something, is my radio not working? I have a different antenna so I thought that was it, but I put stock one on and nothing. It's just all fuzz, I get one or two radio stations here and there but they sound like sht. Any suggestions? I don't wana bother him with somethign this small, I might just get XM or serious, but don't wana pay to listen to the Radio.

I had the same problem. You need to connect the "Power antenna" wires. I followed the tutorial word-for-word the first time around and thats why I had fuzz but i went back and looked at the wiring and kicked myself for not connecting it the first time. Works like a charm now.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM
vispre

Originally Posted by GSX-R350Z
i'm convinced someone at nissan superglued that one white connector that connects to the white ac box...

i got everything else out with ease and this one is just giving me trouble...i just moved on and didnt take it out...

get a tiny flat head and use it to push down on the tab then use sliding force to pry it out. to this day i still can't disconnect those things without a flat head.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:56 PM
GSX-R350Z

Originally Posted by vispre
get a tiny flat head and use it to push down on the tab then use sliding force to pry it out. to this day i still can't disconnect those things without a flat head.
lol I did that with all the connectors but this one is just pissing me off...i just left it...

I was determined to get it off and ended up breaking a piece of plastic off...that plastic part should've made it come loose but its still stuck in there like a *****.

thats why im convinced someone glued it haha...everything else came off with ease.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:32 PM
vispre

Originally Posted by GSX-R350Z
lol I did that with all the connectors but this one is just pissing me off...i just left it...

I was determined to get it off and ended up breaking a piece of plastic off...that plastic part should've made it come loose but its still stuck in there like a *****.

thats why im convinced someone glued it haha...everything else came off with ease.

take it back and demand a new one (a car that is, lol)
Old 05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
GSX-R350Z

trust me dude i spent a good half hour trying to get thta thing off...

made me question my MANliness for a bit...

after i skipped it and the rest came off in under 2 seconds i was convinced...

Quick Reply: AVIC-D3 Install Guide