Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

AVIC-D3 Install Guide

Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 AM
CobraZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

moved

Last edited by CobraZ; 02-21-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 AM
paulbelesky

Thanks to everyone involved in creating this thread. It's a BIG help.
I'll be installing this unit soon!

Also I'll include this quote from another thread...

Don't know if this has been posted or not?

Al & Ed's Autosound has the AVIC D3 on sale for $529.99 including shipping,fed ex,from Cali.
This includes instant $200.00 manufactures rebate, $200 instant rebate, and an additional $70.00 rebate at check out!

This is the cheapest I've seen, ordered mine yesterday, got fed ex tracking notification, should be here Monday afternoon!

http://www.al-eds.com/product.php?pr...5&cat=0&page=1
Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 PM
vAnt

I think the Blue wire (Antenna Control) to the blue wire (ant power) is different if you have bose. If you have bose you have to connect it to the blue/white(amp power). I could not get sound to work if the two ant wires were connected, however it immediately worked after I cut the connection and put the amp power to the ant control wire. Now my ant power is just hanging, should I connect all three together?

I am having a problem getting my sound on the iPod cable to work. The cable works as it shows which song is playing and it accesses my playlist, but it does not transfer any sound. I cannot get any song to play on any iPod unit.

Where did you guys tap the power from the bluetooth to? Did you just solder it onto the battery wire on your harness?

Thanks!

Last edited by vAnt; 02-26-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
IronYuppie

think the Blue wire (Antenna Control) to the blue wire (ant power) is different if you have bose. If you have bose you have to connect it to the blue/white(amp power). I could not get sound to work if the two ant wires were connected, however it immediately worked after I cut the connection and put the amp power to the ant control wire. Now my ant power is just hanging, should I connect all three together?
the way i hooked it up was i used orbital punks picture and then added the blue wire from the a/v dongle and attached it to the amp turn on on the harness.

I am having a problem getting my sound on the iPod cable to work. The cable works as it shows which song is playing and it accesses my playlist, but it does not transfer any sound. I cannot get any song to play on any iPod unit.

does the radio emit any sound? do you get sound from dvds? or only the ipod not working?

Where did you guys tap the power from the bluetooth to? Did you just solder it onto the battery wire on your harness?
i just added clamp-ons(plastic splicer attachements) to the power and ground cables in the avic harness.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:01 PM
vAnt

Originally Posted by IronYuppie
the way i hooked it up was i used orbital punks picture and then added the blue wire from the a/v dongle and attached it to the amp turn on on the harness.
So pretty much connected all three blue-related wires together? I cut off the plastic attachment thing and soldered the wires together. This time I guess I am going to solder all three wires together.

does the radio emit any sound? do you get sound from dvds? or only the ipod not working?
The radio emits sound, and I actually have many stations available. I do notice however I cannot receive weak signals as well as the stock radio could. I haven't tested a DVD yet, I'll do that my next time around. The iPod sound does not work, however I do see what song is playing.

i just added clamp-ons(plastic splicer attachements) to the power and ground cables in the avic harness.
So pretty much I attach the yellow wire to another wire the same way I attached it to the vehicle speed wire?

Thanks for the response!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 AM
IronYuppie

So pretty much connected all three blue-related wires together? I cut off the plastic attachment thing and soldered the wires together. This time I guess I am going to solder all three wires together
i didnt connect 3 blue wires together, it sounds like your doing something wrong.
You have to connect the power antenna to the power antenna lead, even though the z's antenna is fixed.

In the first page of the guide, it shows the antenna leads, you should connect them to eachother.

It also shows the amp turn-on, which is x'd out. Connect that wire to the blue wire on the a/v cable on the avic-d3.

The radio emits sound, and I actually have many stations available. I do notice however I cannot receive weak signals as well as the stock radio could. I haven't tested a DVD yet, I'll do that my next time around. The iPod sound does not work, however I do see what song is playing
okay it sounds like to me that its related to the antenna issue. if you get it hooked up like i said above and it still doesnt work then thats a different problem.
So pretty much I attach the yellow wire to another wire the same way I attached it to the vehicle speed wire?
yes i think that should do it

good luck
Old 02-28-2008, 01:31 PM
vAnt

i didnt connect 3 blue wires together, it sounds like your doing something wrong.
You have to connect the power antenna to the power antenna lead, even though the z's antenna is fixed.

In the first page of the guide, it shows the antenna leads, you should connect them to eachother.

It also shows the amp turn-on, which is x'd out. Connect that wire to the blue wire on the a/v cable on the avic-d3.
Thanks again for the reply.

I connected the Amp turn-on to the power antenna cable. I did this because originally I connected the power antenna cable to the power antenna cable and I had no sound at all! So now my power antenna cable is not connected to anything.

Looks like I have to do this...

1. Cut the connection I made with the amp turn on.
2. Connect the two power antenna cables together.
3. Connect the amp turn on to the blue wire on the AV cable (I don't remember a blue wire but I'm sure its there).
4. Do some bluetooth shietttt

Thanks again
Old 02-28-2008, 02:45 PM
IronYuppie

that sounds right.

good luck
Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
SlideWays314

i don't see where the two tabs from the metra dash kit fit in to the whole scheme of things
Old 03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
sbZenth

i have a quick question
I want to get the D3X from crutchfield because its like $50 more expensive than the other site but they have full support and everything. The problem is, i know everyone says to use the metra harness and the metra kit. The ones supplied by crutchfield are http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...02&i=120997602
and
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...50&i=120707550

Will that work just as well?
or do i really need the metra harness? i dont understand what getting a new harness does.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 AM
CobraZ

I ordered mine from them and installed it last weekend. It works great. The kit that they show is the metra kit. At least the one they sent me for my 08 was.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by CobraZ
I ordered mine from them and installed it last weekend. It works great. The kit that they show is the metra kit. At least the one they sent me for my 08 was.
yeah i think thats where im going to get mine from. good to know they give whats needed.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
powerofz

got a question... i got my soubd fixed so i can hear the sound, i can hear the radio and the navi... but i cant hear the Ipod or CD... why is that??
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 AM
powerofz

anybody?? Iron yuppie said it would be an antenna issue but how would that affect the not being able to hear the ipod?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:25 AM
GSX-R350Z

Has anyone bought anything from this ebay seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-D3-...QQcmdZViewItem

Just curious as to whether he's legit or not.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:05 AM
GSX-R350Z

Okay so I read somewhere that the Bose setup in the 07 Z's dont work to well...Static and low volume is what I heard.

Can give me some information on this. Did you have to replace everything or it worked fine and that person doesn't know what their talking about?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
paulbelesky

[QUOTE=GSX-R350Z]Has anyone bought anything from this ebay seller?

Just curious as to whether he's legit or not.[/QUOTEt

I've bought some stuff from this ebay store before- Everything was fine with my purchase.

This seems like a good deal. Did you try Al & Ed's? They have the D3 on sale for
$529.00 delivered. There's a link in this thread a few posts up, or you can Google it... I bought mine from them recently- had no problems with them, it was delivered in three days just as promised, new in the box.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 AM
paulbelesky

Has anyone bought anything from this ebay seller?

Just curious as to whether he's legit or not.

I've bought some stuff from this ebay store before- Everything was fine with my purchase.

This seems like a good deal. Did you try Al & Ed's? They have the D3 on sale for
$529.00 delivered. There's a link in this thread a few posts up, or you can Google it... I bought mine from them recently- had no problems with them, it was delivered in three days just as promised, new in the box.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:16 PM
lukep90

hey, where is the best place to drill for the ipod cable to come through? ( i take it everyone runs it through the top cubby? is there any way to make it look clean and not have a big hole for it to fall through???

thanks to all!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
zMOSESz

awesome write up and video. great job man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AVIC-D3 Install Guide