Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

AVIC-D3 Install Guide

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I think it is. I ghetto rigged the navi cord, I'll tape it this time around. Also, my antenna is right under a sticker on my car (stupid VA), that won't affect anything will it?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another good investment for this is to get a screen protector on Ebay for around $16 shipped. I got one on my F-Series and it helps keep the screen scratch free and fingerprint free.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:01 AM
lew3.5

Default Pictures of new bracket holes

Orbital, for the factory brackets mod are you just making the holes larger or drilling slots to adjust the HU? Pictures?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
_STEVEO_01

Alot of good information...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Zngwie

Hello all,
I installed my AVIC-D3 with the PAC SWI-PS into my Bose equipped '05. Everything functions fine except that the two back speakers make no sound? Does anybody know a remedy?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM
AznSky

maybe this was stated in the last 13 pages, but is everybody connecting the reverse gear signal wire? Is that necessary for the navi to know you're going in reverse?

I saw some other threads stating they connected it to some reverse light wire underneath the driver side triangluar windshield.

And does the ebrake wire have to go to the ebrake lever as stated in the manual, or can it just be grounded?

Thanks

Edit: I finally read all 13 pages, so I can answer my own questions

Reverse gear signal is only if you have back-up camera. So no need for this and I'll just tape off the end.

Ebrake can be grounded with mute wire.

Last edited by AznSky; 01-14-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:41 AM
ifew552

I have lost a factory stereo bracket. Do you thik it be possible to install Pioneer AVIC w/out it? Would mouning kits hold it in place?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-22-2009, 10:20 PM
mozz246

Hey i have a 05 z with bose system.. I have put ina pioneer z2 and .. i am getting a low stadic sound even with the vol. all the way off..... I have not tried putting in he ROEM-NIS2 adapter yet, but i have tried the bose converter.. it didnt stop it. I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me, i have been trying to fix it since chrismas... any infermation would be amazing!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:01 PM
primussa

Originally Posted by clarkemtp
Guys, guys, guys. Stop. Halt. Cease and desist!

You guys with Bose systems that are using the Metra 7551 are definitely making a big boo-boo. This...

I tried this on my 2007 Bose and now regret it. The maximum volume is just enough and I want some spare. Hissing noise when operating touch screen is excessive and overall backgroung noise is quite noticeble. The re is now output from rear speakers at all. Can anybody tell me why? Volume from telephone (controlled separatly from main volume on AVIC F900BT) at max is unacceptably low.

One word is C..P

My advise - do not even try it. I did not listen to it and now will have to go through all excersise again.

As I said, check their website to be sure, but i *think* the correct part number is ROEM-NIS2. But look for yourself. That is all. lol
Those who do not listen pay twice. And that is what i am going to do now.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
primussa

I am a bit confused now. PAC application guide says that ROEM-NIS2 is for up to 2005 models with BOSE. Can anybody confirm if it will work on 2007? Are there any modifications to wiring (pinout) to be done?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:38 PM
FightYourRadio

Sorry for the noob question, but I have a D3 from my last car that I'm going to be moving over...is it possible to install the D3 in the cubby hole that the stock Navi normally goes in?

I'm kind of weary of leaving my D3 out in the open where most people install it. Last car was a scion tc, it had a cover for the D3...
Old 07-04-2009, 08:52 PM
ag0240

Can the 3 grounds be be tapped into one wire n connected to one grpound point?
Old 08-02-2009, 05:28 PM
SHOCKWAVE77

nice!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just finished installing mine! Your instructions helpd me out alot! Luckily I already had the wiring harness pre-wired. So theat saved me a bunch of a freaking headache. But I couldn't be happier with the way it cam out, and it sounds pretty awesome too. Just took the car for a spin and the Nav is working also.

Thanks for writing up this DIY!

-Paul
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Linuxglobal

Hi guys

i went through all of the posts and im still lost. I got the basic idea on how to install the avic d3. I have it running on a power supply to test all of the connections.

We really need to get a guide by year in this thread.

For example my concern is with.
2006 Nissan 350z Touring
- Stock bose sound system with subwoofer
- with steering wheel controls

Parts needed
- avic D3
- metra double din kit (with pigtails) part 99-7602
- bluetooth module (BTB-200)
- ipod interface cable
- PAC SWI-PS Sony Pioneer Steering Wheel controls Adapter
- PAC bose audio interface kit (ROEM-NIS2 only works up to 2005, also good for 2006?)
- FM antenna adapter?? i saw someone mention it on the altima forums, im not sure if the Z stock antenna has a funky plug as well.

Now my issue is with the PAC modules, which ones do i need?
My plan is to keep the stock BOSE speakers and subwoofer/amp combo. So just replacing the headunit. Everyone here is saying to use ROEM-NIS2 but that only goes up to 2005.

The PAC module for the conversion of the AVIC output to the stock speakers looks great, except it only has 4 speakers (2 front, 2 rear), however the AVIC has a sub output so do I leave that disconnected ?

Keep in mind i havent taken this thing apart yet, i just want to gather all of my parts since im in canada so im ordering all of my stuff to my buddy's place in the US and picking up the remaining parts before i take apart the car. I have the avic d3 and bluetooth module.

I hope to get it all into a neat summary for future use so we can have little DIYs for each car and the specs rather than 13 pages of random text.

Thanks in advance for all of the helps.

Cheers
C
Old 05-03-2010, 07:41 PM
robby_angala

any one know how to import wallpapers/images to the avic d3?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM
VIP_350Z

I use to have the D3 in my Scion tC...Here is how you do it:

what i did was save a few images into a folder named PICTURES then burned them onto a CD-RW CD using any burning software, i used the Roxio Program, but any will do...then just load your disk into your system, select the navigation menu, settings, change background image, then select the background section you want, then you will select import from disk..then all your saved images will be listed, you just then select the one that you like best for your background..Here is a thread with some Z pictures

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...er-thread.html
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 PM
DN///M3

Default kenwood dnx7100 installation

I bought a used DNX7100, I tried to install it but I couldn't get the thing in perfectly, I have 1/4 in sticking out? How do I get it to fit perfectly? I tried searching but I couldn't find any instructions.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
qazaq

good writeup!

Suggestion#1: Avoid using electrical tape to insulate naked wires/splices, it melts and falls off (especially behind the headunit)

Suggestion#2: Avoid using power tools when putting screws in thin metal and plastic. when putting screw in old threading, guide the screw in with a driver and turn in counter-clockwise till it drops in in it's original thread then start screwing it in (this will help you keep everything oem tight and not strip threads!)

Suggestion#3: For best results on making your harness terminations, depin one side of the connector and re-crimp it so you have no splices and you wire snake-skin to protect the wires insulation from being damaged when you squeeze them with the headunit. Another more simpler way is to splice the wires soldering them together and using head shrink tubing as insulator as well as using wire snake-skin. More ghetto way is to use crimp splicers but it gets really bulky once you have many of them.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:48 AM
DSLisFREE

Thank you for providing this guide. Made my installation of the Pioneer AVIC X920BT a lot easier.

For those installing similar model head unit into a 350z with BOSE system. You need to connect the AMP Wire (Blue/white) from the new head unit to the AMP Trigger (Blue/White) of the PAC ROEM-NIS2 in order for your sound to work.

That means the Power Antenna (blue) wire on the PAC ROEM-NIS2 will be left unconnected.

Quick Reply: AVIC-D3 Install Guide