Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Sub enclosures from Paul/Street Noyz have begun

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:06 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Sub enclosures from Paul/Street Noyz have begun, production run is in progress

A group of you have been patient while waiting for Paul to get the molds perfect for our sub enclosures. Now, the time has finally come, the production run has begun!

I got my car back with the sub enclosure today. As you may know, my original enclosure was used in tooling up the mold for a production run. Now, I got the first sub enclosure for the production run. I attached a pic for you guys to see. It looks great, just exactly like the one I gave up months ago. Wow, the sound is much better than the loaner sub enclosure I was using in its place. I am happy not having to give up my Z anymore.

The best Paul can do is lay up one enclosure a day since it has to dry in the mold. Then, the next day, both the front and back pieces are removed from the mold, and glassed together. The next step is sanding, applying exterior vinyl etc. If everything works out as planed, he can make one per day in the mold (2 day process total). That means in a perfect world, 5 per week. There is something like 12 enclosures if i remember correctly in the group buy. Just as a rough estimate, I would think you will be getting yours shipped in about 2 weeks time with installation directions enclosed. If you were one of the first to order, then maybe a week earlier.

I think you guys will love them, they look and sound clean.

If others are interested in this enclosure, contact Paul at (619) 260-1747. My bet is future orders will take about 2-3 weeks since the group buy people come first, they have waited and now it is there turn. Paul can give new people details on the phone. If he wants me to post details on new purchases, I will but until then, call him. ...Jeff

Last edited by zland; 06-05-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:09 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Here is a view of the sub enclosure looking more from the back. Fit is perfect, finish, great.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:14 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Here it is with the removalble grill off

Old 05-30-2003, 05:18 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Here are two more enclosures that have already been laid up and glassed together. Yes, they all look like this at first, a lot of sanding etc is going to be done and then they will get the nice finish like mine. The front and rear parts are glassed together with even an inside layer to join them. These production enclosures are built much better than the first one I had in that their is less filling, smoother, and lighter in weight.

Last edited by zland; 06-05-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:22 AM
TheLex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm....very very nice! Glad to know this project is finally moving along. Now I have to decide what speakers and amps I'm going to run with the new sub! Thanks for all the hard work!!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 10:29 AM
MySunset350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ne subs enclosers that have 2.0 cubic feet of volume?
Old 06-02-2003, 11:33 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I am expecting that about 2-4 of you will be getting your sub enclosures shipped within a weeks time or so because he had them 1/2 done already. I am hoping you guys will let me know when you get them and maybe post what you think once you get them installed. I know that up until now, I am the only customer that has seen or heard them in person so others feedback will be nice. I forfeited alot of loss time allowing my Z to be used and fitted + using a substitute sub while mine was sacraficed for you guys. I am hoping that it pays off and you guys are really happy with the product...

Jeff
Old 06-02-2003, 04:15 PM
tonkadog

I don't know if you read it in the last post or not, so I will post it in this thread as well. I talked to Skip last Friday and he says that I am towards the front of the line in terms of getting an enclosure. I will take pics and definitely post some feed back. I have all the wires run, the amps hooked up, everything is ready to go!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:57 AM
WebToker

Originally posted by tonkadog
I don't know if you read it in the last post or not, so I will post it in this thread as well. I talked to Skip last Friday and he says that I am towards the front of the line in terms of getting an enclosure. I will take pics and definitely post some feed back. I have all the wires run, the amps hooked up, everything is ready to go!
I also have everything setup and ready to go. I am hoping to get mine next week sometime. I will be sure to post my thoughts as well :-)
Old 06-04-2003, 09:38 AM
tonkadog

I just got a call from Paul, he is shipping mine out today. Man these next couple of days are going to kill me. This is better than Christmas
Old 06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I just got a call from Paul, he is shipping mine out today. Man these next couple of days are going to kill me. This is better than Christmas
I am happy yout guys are starting to get yours too. Thank goodness you all were patient and didn't turn on me or Paul. I hope you like the enclosure as much as I do. Give me feedback when you get it installed, I am sure everyone else on the group buy will be interested in your feedback.

Jeff
Old 06-05-2003, 03:33 PM
dealcatcher

Sweet I can't wait until mine comes in.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:45 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Did you get your sub enclosure yet? Is it installed? keep us posted...Jeff