Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Opinion on Kappa perfects?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007 | 05:41 PM
unreal23

Default Opinion on Kappa perfects?

Hey guys, looking for opinions here....the shop guys who put in my amp today were talking bad about my CDT's (am getting those put in tomorrow at another shop since it's custom job). They were going on and on about Kappa's and Kappa perfects....I have never owned or heard kappa's, how do you think they compare against the CDT EF line? I would have felt silly asking this question a few days ago, but they were talking so much smack about CDTs.
Old 11-19-2007 | 10:32 PM
Tackett

CDT eurofits will make those infinities sound like a elephant fart. TRUST me. stick with the CDT's they are immensley superior in build quality, sound accuracy, and well...everything.
Old 11-20-2007 | 04:33 AM
Lsmith9523

Originally Posted by Tackett
CDT eurofits will make those infinities sound like a elephant fart. TRUST me. stick with the CDT's they are immensley superior in build quality, sound accuracy, and well...everything.
+1.....My feelings exactly.....
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:29 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

My elephant farts sound wonderful. The measure out really well too.

I auditioned them against a dozen or so brands of speakers using my music. Just as it's hard for me to pick which type of food you like it's hard for me to pick a set of speakers that sound good to you. What most people listen to isn't what I listen to - music - and the amplitudes that they listen to isn't the amplitude that they listen too.

Before you drop $400 a pair of speakers I'm assuming that you auditioned them side-by-side with other brands and other models right?

FWIW: Today's music has ZERO dynamics at all - less than a handful of dB. Loud, louder, and loudest. Doesn't pass muster on my ears. Most people prefer an extreme base boost of +20 dB or more. For the most part I enjoy a pretty accurate reproduction of the producer's mix with some rare exceptions where I'll color the music a bit to match more of my taste. This is why it's important to listen to the flavor of the speaker before buying it - the sound will change when mounted in the car but at least you'll know what the meal tasted like in the restaurant before you took carryout to eat at home.
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:30 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by Tackett
+1 I love my Cdt
Old 11-20-2007 | 07:26 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

i have no comment on either infinty or cdt
Old 11-20-2007 | 09:19 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
FWIW: Today's music has ZERO dynamics at all - less than a handful of dB. Loud, louder, and loudest. Doesn't pass muster on my ears. Most people prefer an extreme base boost of +20 dB or more. For the most part I enjoy a pretty accurate reproduction of the producer's mix with some rare exceptions where I'll color the music a bit to match more of my taste. This is why it's important to listen to the flavor of the speaker before buying it - the sound will change when mounted in the car but at least you'll know what the meal tasted like in the restaurant before you took carryout to eat at home.
I listen almost entirely to classical these days with just a sprinkling of other music here and there. Of all the componets i tried. The CDT's were the only set that have been able to accurately reproduce classical pieces at high volumes. The only weak link in my system that I am not happy with is my JL sub. And I know what you mean about reproducing the producers mix. I used to be obsessed with EQ and loudness and BBE and all that crap. But anymore I just turn it all off, every feature the headunit has, and run a flat eq. Makes you think....well...the record company already EQ'ed this thing with multi-million dollar equipment and I am going to change it with my little 400 dollar headunit, no wonder the sound quality suffers the more you color the signal.

Im glad you are happy with your infinities. I may have overstated things alittle to make a point. So I will restate: The infinities will sound good, but IMO I dont think that the Kappas compare to the CDT EF series, and the CDT gold series buries them. Infinity makes nice speakers, but when I compared the two, I liked the CDT's...well....infinitely better.

Last edited by Tackett; 11-20-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:20 PM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by unreal23
Hey guys, looking for opinions here....the shop guys who put in my amp today were talking bad about my CDT's (am getting those put in tomorrow at another shop since it's custom job). They were going on and on about Kappa's and Kappa perfects....I have never owned or heard kappa's, how do you think they compare against the CDT EF line? I would have felt silly asking this question a few days ago, but they were talking so much smack about CDTs.
LOL, the shop that these guys work at.....they don't happen to sell Infinity do they? If so they are probably just trying to sell you something. There is nothing wrong with CDT nor Infinity. They both have their weak spots and strong spots. If it sounds good to you that's all that matters. Paul350Z hit the nail on the head with his "meal" analogy. Many restaurants sell steak...some people prefer Mortons, others prefer Ruth's Chris, and still others prefer Smith & Wolensky. They all taste different but they get the job done well!!!

Last edited by StreetOC192; 11-21-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2007 | 05:55 PM
unreal23

I just got back from the shop...the ef's are pretty impressing, a step up from my polk dx's. The seperation of details is awesome! I'm guessing some credit is due to the JL 300...the sound is so clean! I need to mess with the eq's a bit though, the vocals are coming off a bit shrill. If polks are comparable to infinities, then I'm definitely happy with my purchase. If anyone is in Houston, I would def. recommend Innovativerides.com, they custom installed comp set, cleaned up my amp install, custom build a sub baffle for 275$. Not bad for alot of custom work.
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:40 PM
iamdigital

have kappa perfects i'll sell ya they're great but the tweets will make yur ears bleed!! if you mount them anywhere close to your ears you'll hate the components.
Old 11-21-2007 | 02:37 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by unreal23
I just got back from the shop...the ef's are pretty impressing, a step up from my polk dx's. The seperation of details is awesome! I'm guessing some credit is due to the JL 300...the sound is so clean! I need to mess with the eq's a bit though, the vocals are coming off a bit shrill. If polks are comparable to infinities, then I'm definitely happy with my purchase. If anyone is in Houston, I would def. recommend Innovativerides.com, they custom installed comp set, cleaned up my amp install, custom build a sub baffle for 275$. Not bad for alot of custom work.
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:14 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

yes, innovativerides is a GREAT outfit i recommend anyone in the houston area to go to them for sure!