Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Dash Noise Problem. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Just-Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dash Noise Problem. HELP

Help, please!!!I have been having this weird rattling noise coming from the front right corner of the dash after the LCD and DVD installation. The location of the noise sounded to be from the area under the front right corner of the wind shield. The noise has been on and off for the last couple of month. Sometimes, it got so loud that it really pissed me off. I suspect that maybe the shop that installed my LCD and DVD had to run wire to the battery (same area) for power and might have broken something during the work. Therefore, I finally had some time today and wanted to investigate the issue myself personally. I started by losening and taking apart all the panels covering around the battery area in the engine bay. I did not see any additional wire connection around the battery, but only saw a big hole under the panel below the windshield wiper arm. Inside the hole there was some type of air filter looking or may a fan type of mechanism in it. Without success finding the problem I went on taking apart the panels under the right dash and the center console where the LCD was installed. I STILL could not figure out the problem!!!. This is so frustrating. Does anyone have the same or similar problems? Please share it with me. Thank you.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:04 AM
ltrain

I have the same problem, but have had no work done on my Z yet. It appears that if I press on the airbag side of the seam near the window, the noise stops. It's like something is vibrating against each other near that seam (between airbag plastic and the piece that runs against the window). Please post if you fix it, I am planning on taking mine into the dealership.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:15 PM
zaway

funny thing, I've only started hearing this when I turned my AC on. If I turn the AC off I don't here it, very strange, but it's the same exact noise coming from the same place as you described.

zaway