Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Gain touchscreen (Company that makes Xenarc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Sillent Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gain touchscreen (Company that makes Xenarc)

Well...

I want to buy a Gain screen but can't find a place to buy from except one person on eBAY. If you don't know what the Gain monitor is....it is the same company that makes the nice Xenarc monitors but this one just desn't have the name on it so it is cheaper.

Does anyone know a good place I can buy the Gain touchscreen from or any store that sells it?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2003, 06:15 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe that Gain sells to consumers, they manufacture the screens and has no direct sales. Xenarc is a distributor, so unless you have a valid company and willing to buy bulk, not going to get a gain screen cheap.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be the ebay seller you are referring to, but in case it isn't.

http://www.dscustoms.com/
Old 08-22-2003, 07:05 AM
chromesilverz

Someone has posted a real nice deal on the Xenarc on mp3car.com....something like $150 off $450 purchase....making the TSV like $450.

Do a search on this site and you will find a site that sells the Gain T.S. for like $399...I think Mannishboy posted it.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by Scafremon
This may be the ebay seller you are referring to, but in case it isn't.

http://www.dscustoms.com/

Yes, that's the monitor I want, but I'm not paying $430 for that screen. I can get the Xenarc version for about $50 more. If the screen was under $400 anywhere I would buy it.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:56 AM
djkern
Banned

watch out for screens that are 7 inches (without the casing around it). they won't fit in the dash with the casing on it. i had one...ripped apart the whole dash...and without cutting the two air vents (one on either side of the nav spot)...they won't fit (unless you can actually take the screen out of the casing and not have any of the exterior trim). it might work if you could take the screen out of the case. in my case...it wouldn't work either way. my opinion.....go smaller.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:08 AM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by djkern
watch out for screens that are 7 inches (without the casing around it). they won't fit in the dash with the casing on it. i had one...ripped apart the whole dash...and without cutting the two air vents (one on either side of the nav spot)...they won't fit (unless you can actually take the screen out of the casing and not have any of the exterior trim). it might work if you could take the screen out of the case. in my case...it wouldn't work either way. my opinion.....go smaller.

People who installed the Xenarc screen before (same as Gain) said that they had to take the screen out of the casing and had no problems. So yes, I can and have to take the casing off of this monitor in order to fit it in hte cubby hole with minimal cutting.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:16 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Sillent Killer
People who installed the Xenarc screen before (same as Gain) said that they had to take the screen out of the casing and had no problems. So yes, I can and have to take the casing off of this monitor in order to fit it in hte cubby hole with minimal cutting.
ok, that was my main concern....taking the screen out of the casing. the one i had coudln't be taken out of the screen correctly...so, i had to get a smaller one. oh well...still looks just fine to me. also, i might add one in each visor...so, it's enough for me. (anyone know where i can get small small ones for the visors...and thin enough that i can do a custom install myself.)
Old 08-22-2003, 08:41 AM
Sillent Killer

I found two 7" visor monitors already premounted in a visor replacement they send you for $500 for a pair. $300 for a pair of 5.8" monitors.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:04 AM
djkern
Banned

nice....send me a link (i want to see if they are quality....and if they would match).

thanks.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Sillent Killer

7" monitors .... http://www.digitalww.com/LCD_TM_701V.htm

5.6" monitors .... http://www.digitalww.com/LCD_TM_601V.htm

Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:34 AM
djkern
Banned

thanks man. i think i might have to add those to the car!!
Old 08-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Sillent Killer

Hey, I was thinking...which one would be better...

1) Put in the Gain touchscreen just to hook up my modded XBOX or 2) Just put in two visor screens and throw some gauges in the cubby hole.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:09 AM
djkern
Banned

Hey, I was thinking...which one would be better...

1) Put in the Gain touchscreen just to hook up my modded XBOX or 2) Just put in two visor screens and throw some gauges in the cubby hole.
me, personally, i would go with option number 2.

this way...you don't have to stare at the middle of the car.

you (and the passenger) can have your own screens when you hook up the xboxb (which you still can without the touchscreen gain lcd)....and, you can always recline the seat and look directly in front of you at the visor screens. (and have the guages in the cubby hole). if you want to get super expensive....get three screens and a camp system. haha. you can have the visor down and have the readouts right in front of you. haha.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Sillent Killer

The only problem is...if I go with the 5.6" visor screen... The screen is smaller so I can't see my part of the screen in a multiplayer game. Imagine playing Halo and you can't see some alien is shooting you. That would really suck!!!

Do you think this would be a problem when playing multiplayer games or not?

Also, what is the 7" Fahrenheit screen everyone is buying and where can I buy it for a good price? I am also considering this monitor since it is cheap.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:06 PM
djkern
Banned

The only problem is...if I go with the 5.6" visor screen... The screen is smaller so I can't see my part of the screen in a multiplayer game. Imagine playing Halo and you can't see some alien is shooting you. That would really suck!!!

Do you think this would be a problem when playing multiplayer games or not?

Also, what is the 7" Fahrenheit screen everyone is buying and where can I buy it for a good price? I am also considering this monitor since it is cheap.
the 7 inch one runs about 150 per screen (or so).....i think. well, you can find it at those prices. but, you can get them and install them yourself. but, yeah, you are right....the small screen would be small for 2 player games. but....honestly....it wouldn't be too too small since you are so close. i have a 5.6 inch in the nav spot and i can see everything perfectly...and it's further away (and i can see everything when i play dvds in widescreen....and that cuts off the top and bottom).
Old 08-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Sillent Killer

Thanks, I will go with 2 7" visor screens.

Do you know the name of the Fahrenheit touchscreen which is only like $200?