should V1 pay my speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 02:33 PM
Duke407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michael_Torpey

Originally posted by silverz
Hey dude,
I have done it in the past and so far it has worked. I don't know if works in all states but it does in North Carolina. As for the cop in Atlanta - you are just like every other cop that I have ever run into. They are all "know it alls" and think because they wear a badge they have all the answers to every question. Don't get me wrong I admire and appreciate everything you do for the public but you don't need to be a know it all.
silverz,
I can respect that. Can I ask you a simple question though? What do you do for a living?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Duke407

Default Re: Re: Michael_Torpey

Originally posted by Duke407
silverz,
I can respect that. Can I ask you a simple question though? What do you do for a living?
Don't worry about it silverz. I forgot that I can just do a "profile" check on you and that is when I found out what it is that you do--a corporate sales trainer for DaimlerChrysler.
Well, I will once again be honest with everyone here. I have absolutely no idea as to how to do YOUR job and/ or what it even entails, therefore, I would not even BEGIN to judge you or what it is that you do. So, with that said.............HOW IN THE F*** CAN YOU EVEN BEGIN TO CALL ME A "KNOW IT ALL" WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE FIRST F*****G IDEA WHAT BEING A COP IS "ALL" ABOUT. I never at any point in time during any of these threads EVER claimed as though I, as you like to put it, "know it all". I merely talked about the things that have done as a professional(do I need to explain to you what it takes to be claimed a "professional" or can you figure out that one on your own?), like you do with your job and probably being a "professional" at it. If you ever bothered to read these posts, you would have seen that I would only refer to this type of incident as it relates here in the state of GA-------and NOT anywhere else. So, with all that said, maybe it is YOU that needs to stick to what YOU know and according to your biographical you provided to this website--------I guess that makes it a "Chrysler salesman trainer". Nothing personal right? Because I, too, admire what YOU do. And so, as you can see for yourself Haavabooz, it is people exactly like "silverz" that makes cops DO exactly what they do to most people who break the f*****g law--------we ticket them! In the end, it all really boils down to the fact that after we cite a violator for something, and after the violator is usually only 100 feet down the road, that driver will usually call us a "mother f****r" or something. Now, tell me I'm wrong about that.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
WolfMan

Duke:

I respect ya for waht you do.. hell I wanted (and kinda still do) want to be a police officer.

Man this thread went WAAAYYY off topic lol..

I heard a joke that relates to what duke just said... forgive me if I get it wrong cause I heard it a long @$$ time ago.

So this police officer pulls over these two guys in a car, he walks up to the driver and asks for his lic. and reg. he then pulls out his big @$$ maglite and bops the guy across the forehead "thats for driving like an idiot" he then walk to the passenger side and bops the passenger the same way, the passenger asks: "hey! what the heck was that for? I didn't do anything!" the officer then says "that was for what you were gonna say when I was out of sight"

Anyway, it went somthing like that... hmm yes fun stuff
Old 09-18-2003, 12:45 PM
RitchieZ

Hey I just wanted to say thanks Duke for the info.I just got popped doing 55 in a 40 on a bend with a laser all by my lonesome.I was taking flowers to my wife today is our 16 year wedding anniversary.It was a motorcycle duo in the bushes my odds were better at winning the lottery than getting out of this ticket.Duke I have a ? about what you were saying about NOLO.Hear in Ft. Laud Fl.When you take a ticket to court the day you go for your pretrial what they have been doing is before he calls anyone up he will address the court and inform everyone that considering their past driving history they may plead no contest and receive no points no driving school and just pay a small court cost reflecting his opinion of your driving record.I did this 2 yrs. ago for a ticket going 68 in a 35 which is a 1 mile off ramp at 3 a.mMy wife got the same ticket in the same place 2mph less and a ticket 100ft. from our gated community for 15 mph above the speed limit. She also got of the same way with a $30 fine for the first one and $45 for the second.My fine was $55 even though I hadnt had a speeding Ticket 6yrs prior and no points in 15 yr and I have a CDL I drive a Gas Tanker.Duke do they also practice this in Georgia?
Old 09-18-2003, 01:04 PM
RitchieZ

Hey duke Im It was cool to hear a cop take the time to explain what you know from experience.Thats the best info.I dont know how old the people on this thread are I know your 33 Im 36.Ive been driving tractor trailers since I was 18 and respect and obey traffic laws but these 350Z are doing 10 to 20 mph above the speed limit with even feeling like your speeding. Big difference from my 2001 Ford F-150 supercrew lariet 4x4 you just have a whole different composer behind the wheel. I beleive the Z was developed by SATAN.......What sucks is that I drive very concious of my speed cause of my CDL its my livelyhood. Its not like I needed a wake up call cause I am aware I just hope its my last one........
Old 09-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Duke407

Originally posted by RitchieZ
Hey I just wanted to say thanks Duke for the info.I just got popped doing 55 in a 40 on a bend with a laser all by my lonesome.I was taking flowers to my wife today is our 16 year wedding anniversary.It was a motorcycle duo in the bushes my odds were better at winning the lottery than getting out of this ticket.Duke I have a ? about what you were saying about NOLO.Hear in Ft. Laud Fl.When you take a ticket to court the day you go for your pretrial what they have been doing is before he calls anyone up he will address the court and inform everyone that considering their past driving history they may plead no contest and receive no points no driving school and just pay a small court cost reflecting his opinion of your driving record.I did this 2 yrs. ago for a ticket going 68 in a 35 which is a 1 mile off ramp at 3 a.mMy wife got the same ticket in the same place 2mph less and a ticket 100ft. from our gated community for 15 mph above the speed limit. She also got of the same way with a $30 fine for the first one and $45 for the second.My fine was $55 even though I hadnt had a speeding Ticket 6yrs prior and no points in 15 yr and I have a CDL I drive a Gas Tanker.Duke do they also practice this in Georgia?
Ritchiez,
Yeah, I have heard that in some places here in GA they will also do that. In my opinion, I think that courts will do that in order to save time for everyone and also because the charge is just that---a speeding ticket and not a murder charge. I think that if one would "weigh" the options if that type of deal is offered, then I would just do it. Like you said, all you are really paying for is the court cost. Always did sound like a descent deal to me. Hell, no points are even assessed.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Duke407

Originally posted by WolfMan
Duke:

I respect ya for waht you do.. hell I wanted (and kinda still do) want to be a police officer.

Man this thread went WAAAYYY off topic lol..

I heard a joke that relates to what duke just said... forgive me if I get it wrong cause I heard it a long @$$ time ago.

So this police officer pulls over these two guys in a car, he walks up to the driver and asks for his lic. and reg. he then pulls out his big @$$ maglite and bops the guy across the forehead "thats for driving like an idiot" he then walk to the passenger side and bops the passenger the same way, the passenger asks: "hey! what the heck was that for? I didn't do anything!" the officer then says "that was for what you were gonna say when I was out of sight"

Anyway, it went somthing like that... hmm yes fun stuff
WolfMan,
Yeah, I think you're right about this topic going WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off! With that said, I think I will probably not comment anymore about anything like this on here, not because I don't wish to explain a few things to folks who really want to know or have some questions about these types of incidents, but because I have learned one thing a long time ago and that is that "we just can't please everyone no matter how hard one may try". So, with that said, I really appreciate every compliment that everyone gave me, because in the end, all I was really trying to do was answer a few questions people had as it relates to what I have done for several years. Heck, what some people don't realize though is that even if I did this profession for 100 years, I STILL wouldn't have all the answers---mainly because the laws in this country change every single day. How can one keep up? I don't know either. Again, thanx for the compliments everyone that provided one. For those that didn't, well, I can respect that too. It's just ya'lls opinions.