Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

7" monitor for the cubby

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
bbak11010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7" monitor for the cubby

hey all, Ive been searching but end up not finding where they sell these.
I see some people use fehrenheit monitors for the cubby. Is this a good choice? where can I buy this?

Im planning to buy an alpine dd hu and wish to match with an alpine remote monitor if possible but I can't find it. Does any one know where I can find an alpine 7" touch screen monitor?
If they don't have it, I guess fehrenheit monitor is good too.

Any help is appreciated,

thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
CaliSilvZ

i bought mine from amazon the fahrenheit monitors
Old 02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by bbak11010
hey all, Ive been searching but end up not finding where they sell these.
I see some people use fehrenheit monitors for the cubby. Is this a good choice? where can I buy this?

Im planning to buy an alpine dd hu and wish to match with an alpine remote monitor if possible but I can't find it. Does any one know where I can find an alpine 7" touch screen monitor?
If they don't have it, I guess fehrenheit monitor is good too.

Any help is appreciated,

thanks
Re> “I see some people use fehrenheit monitors for the cubby. Is this a good choice? where can I buy this?

The Farenheit monitor became notorious for the upper/forward cubby of the Z because it was a perfect and easy fit into the 2003’s upper/forward cubby. The fact that you could easily swap a 2003 cubby into a 2004 Z kept this solution alive for another year, and even longer.

The most popular version was the Farenheit T-7000MHR (same as the Power Acoustik PT-700MHR and NESA Vision NSM-7005 7" LCD monitor). This is a NTSC/PAL monitor that uses a composite video connector, and it does not support a VGA connector or RGB display. In other words, it’s the same as your TV monitor, and much less than your computer’s display. It’s a great solution for displaying DVD’s and navigation designed for NTSC monitors (e.g., the Garmin GPS devices), but not appropriate for a CarPC.

The advantage of Farenheit LCD monitor is that it’s inexpensive while providing a great image for devices that use composite video.

Re> “Im planning to buy an alpine dd hu and wish to match with an alpine remote monitor if possible but I can't find it. Does any one know where I can find an alpine 7" touch screen monitor?

The only 7” remote LCD monitor Alpine makes is the PKG-M780 dual headrest 7” LCD monitor. This is sold as a package (2 monitors), and its purpose is a headrest monitor. It has touch-screen function, but only for its own features and operation. For example, its touch-screen functions do not support remote Alpine navigation devices.

If you want an Alpine LCD screen with touch-screen function that operates a GPS unit, you need the
Alpine TME-S370 6.5" Touchscreen LCD Monitor with the Alpine NVE-M300 Navigation Box.

Oops, not so fast. The Farenheit LCD monitor won’t handle touch-screen functions. There are very good ways to use this monitor, but none are for touch-screen function. For example, the Farenheit 7” LCD monitor is a great companion for the Garmin GVN 53 Black Box Navigation device. They work wonderfully together, providing fast and accurate navigation that you will find difficult to match from any competing system. But, these two together rely upon a handheld remote control and do not support touch-screen function.

--Spike
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
bbak11010

Another great information.
I wrote this right before I received your pm. I ordered the Alpine TME monitor.
Thanks again,