Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Line Output converters - anyone ever used em?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 08:40 AM
TtOrMaMnY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn you guys.. now your making me waste more money. ahah if i would of never found this thread I would just of thought that the bose system would of had to be completely changed out. now that i know this looks like i am going to be wasting quite a bit of money!! damn you damn you all
Old 07-10-2004, 07:22 PM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by TtOrMaMnY
damn you guys.. now your making me waste more money. ahah if i would of never found this thread I would just of thought that the bose system would of had to be completely changed out. now that i know this looks like i am going to be wasting quite a bit of money!! damn you damn you all
On the next 350Z adventure ..... consult the forum first ..... you might be able to save yourself some $$$ and a maybe bit of aggravation too.

Old 07-10-2004, 11:35 PM
TtOrMaMnY

haha well my stuff is still stock thank god.. looks like i will be saving some money to change out speakers and add an amp and sub.. A+++++++
Old 07-11-2004, 02:21 PM
redz32/bluez33

Default question on rear speaks and PD-4 wiring

I noticed that you guys have 6 3/4" speakers in the rear location-Do these bolt in the factory holes, or have you cut away the sheetmetal to make them fit?
I am doing the PD-4 to aftermarket amps (1 4-channel with sum out to mono sub amp) and I'm wondering about the JL XR650-CSi components for up front and XR650-CW for rear. Has anyone else got this combo and how does it sound? And were there any difficulties to watch for? I am building a box for a JL 10W3v2 for the stock location and locating my (still undecided which) 4 channel amp under the passenger seat and mono amp in the cubby under the glovebox. Also-does the PD-4 require it's own power and ground wiring, or does it get those from the harness? Thanks for any help.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:46 PM
grutter

Default Re: question on rear speaks and PD-4 wiring

Originally posted by redz32/bluez33
I noticed that you guys have 6 3/4" speakers in the rear location-Do these bolt in the factory holes, or have you cut away the sheetmetal to make them fit?
I am doing the PD-4 to aftermarket amps (1 4-channel with sum out to mono sub amp) and I'm wondering about the JL XR650-CSi components for up front and XR650-CW for rear. Has anyone else got this combo and how does it sound? And were there any difficulties to watch for? I am building a box for a JL 10W3v2 for the stock location and locating my (still undecided which) 4 channel amp under the passenger seat and mono amp in the cubby under the glovebox. Also-does the PD-4 require it's own power and ground wiring, or does it get those from the harness? Thanks for any help.
I have JL Audio 650's in the rear. Bolt up is perfect. No modifications were necessary. You will need to make adapter rings for the front doors. If you make a decent box for the front stock location, trace out your plans. Others will want to share from your experience. I put both a monoblock and 4 channel amp in the stock glove box. looks good, but does consume the entire glove box.
PD4 will get it's power from the harness..
Good luck with your install.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:51 PM
TtOrMaMnY

Time to revive this thread.

When u guys installed the speakers u had to get speaker harnesses to be able to plug it in right?
Old 05-19-2005, 11:45 AM
VQredline

I am going to start my project very soon and i have a quick basic questions about my setup. My setup consists of 1 Alpine Type-R 10' sub with a understrut box, JL audio e4300, and a PD-4. I wondering if it is really necessary to buy new speaker's and a mono amp? are the Z's stock speakers that bad? and what is the need for a mono amp and how much will they cost?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:00 AM
jkoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a wiring question.. bear with me here (newbie alert)

i've successfully replaced front L+R and rear L+R stock spkrs with aftermarket speakers and they do sound much better. i had a blast destrying the stock speakers aka Officespace-Printer-bash-style... but after reading this post entirely, i'm really turned off by the fact tthat bose amp has a gay EQ that ruins the potential of my new kappa's hheh heh. so first of all, damn you guys for making me spend more money but thanks everyone for the info.

secondly, all my new speakers are using factory wires (example: i just connected the kappa's to the red/blue factory wires). So after i install the Pd4 LOC, and then i run rca's to an aftermarket amp, do i have to redo the wires to my four speakers again? :-( or can i leave the existing stock wiring to the new speakers in tact and just take the wires from the bose amp and plug them into the new amp?