Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

pls help with dvd/navi install

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011 | 06:39 PM
bjjbadboy

Default pls help with dvd/navi install

Hey everyone. I finally got a new hu and I deff need some help. It is the pioneer f900bt

I have a pretty good idea just gonna need some help on some stuff

1- the wire harness it comes with has rca wires for to hook up to subs. I still have the stock bose crappy amp and sub. there are 3 little wires coming out then it taps into 2 wires with the rca. 1 of the 3 wires is black guessing thats the (-)?? should I just cut off the rca part leaving me the 3 little wires?

2-where is the sub wire from the car? couldnt find it on the wire diagrams on this site? same with the amp turn on?

3-says i need to hook up speed sensor and reverse gear output?? where are these? I am guess I can grab everything from the car radio harness??? or hoping.

any other things you think would help would be awesome
thanks as always for all the help
Old 02-19-2011 | 07:32 PM
bjjbadboy

okay had to update. only wires I can find is my 12v and ign. Have no clue what speaker wire goes to what speaker? should I just try to find a wire harness that hooks right up to the Z and this hu? or is it doable like this? whats better
Old 02-20-2011 | 02:58 AM
sdZ33

There is no ground wire from our harnesses... you ground the unit to the car chassis... If I were you, just pay a pro to install it...
Old 02-20-2011 | 08:16 AM
bjjbadboy

thats what everybody said about my clutch mwahahaha im pretty good with this stuff just need little help on what wires are what behind the HU nada are the same as the wire diagrams I have found.
I knew I could ground to chasiss and where too just fig if there is a ground wire from harness catch it there. No wonder one of the diy's had the grounds go to chasiss.

I gotta go back to raceshop because they sold me a dash kit thats to big for the radio fers. kid I bought radio off of said he installs on Z's and their is a wire harness that plugs into the Z harness and will make life way easier so gonna see if I can just grab that and play match the wire instead of find the wire.

thanks for any and all info
Old 02-20-2011 | 11:36 AM
bjjbadboy

okay update.

I just got a wire harness for the car not sure if it will work b/c it does not say anything about being for bose.... it has on it
ign
12v
ground
power antenna
amp on
amp ground
ill
dimm
front and back speackers

nothing about the sub?

so my question is;
with some searching I have found pac amp niss2 says it connects the factory bose with upgrade hu its like 5 bucks.. can i hook up what I have then just get one of these tm or whenever and through it in? or should I just wait for audio place to open and get right stuff?

can I just tap into some thing for the sub and amp?

and last is it necc to connect to the VSS?
kid I bought off said dont have to connect that or reverse and if I do the bypass will not work? but a diy for the D3 on here says he hooked up the VSS not a big deal but??

Last edited by bjjbadboy; 02-20-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2011 | 01:08 PM
bjjbadboy

alright so another re update if anyone out there can help would be super awesome. talked to kid that sold to me who appears to have decent knowledge.. said dont have to connect stock sub to the RCA wires.. and to just tie the bose amp into the ign wire so its powered up when the car is on. Makes sense should have thought of myself but rusty

??? is where is this wire? there is a wire coming out of the new harness that says amp on but I have a feeling the bose is on a different factory harness.

to clear up the harness I just got has two harnessess 1 has all front speakers, power, illumination grounddimmer and the other has 4 wires coming out for the rear speakers... Will the amp on on the harness work the bose amp? cant see it working since they sell a connector to connect the factory amp to new hu
Old 02-20-2011 | 06:29 PM
bjjbadboy

hopefully someone can help with a little input please anyone lol 437 views and nada??

I got everything in up and running when I tested it.
I used the wire harness I had. how I hooked up
car-HU
12v-12v
illum-illum
ign/ power ant/amp - acc/pwr ant/amp (was told do this b/c amp and ant will always turn on when ign switched
chassis ground - ground/mute bypass and another wire ( he said leave like this he had the it bypassed already)

and all speaker wire connected

great sound from CD and radio although seems to be some feed back when not on or muted
-could this be from grounding everything to one point? saw someone diy said use 3 ground points or at least 2? I didnt know if for some reason to use the bypass have to be all together.

**PROBLEMS**
RADIO DOES NOT TURN OFF WHEN CAR IS OFF??? WTH
- i do still have dash apart and just plugged radio in to make sure speakers work etc. can this be it?
I dissconnected radio and tested the harness going into the radio.
12v reads 12. acc reads 12 when on 0 when off. speakers read 3v on both the + and -
amp and ant both 0 till plugged into HU

at a loss here

thinking the feedback is coming from the speakers getting juice even when muted and car off??? maybe because didnt use the pac oem harnesses?

no clue
main concern is that it is not powering off? battery is gonna die lol
Old 02-20-2011 | 11:36 PM
KPierson_

So you connected your amp output to your ignition input?????????????????

The point of the amp output is to provide a 12vdc output to turn an amp on.

The point of the ignition input is to tell the radio when the ignition is on, and thus turning the radio on.

You've basically created a latch - when the radio turns on the amp output turns on providing power back to your ignition input and never letting the ignition turn off.

Powering the entire accessory circuit with the amp output could possibly damage the radio.

The amp output needs to be connected to the remote signal on the bose amp and that is it.