Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 PM
SQBassHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already looking into getting a quote on the welding thanks bro
Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
bagged00

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** while theyre in there ask them to seam seal if your taking to a body shop. you can buy under coating and do that your self.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 PM
SQBassHead

Seam seal? WTF is that? Lol
What's the diff.?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:50 AM
bagged00

seam sealer does just what it says, seals seams. if youve had your back bumper off, the wall behind the bumper probably has seam sealer all on it where the quarter panel meets the tail pan. most of the time its used to seal like where to pieces of metal meet and one over laps the other. this way the places in between the spot welds dont get water in between the 2 metals. hell undercoating may be a sealer it self but im not sure about that? you should be able to use some sort of sealer just to cover the weld. the main thing that you want is some sort of sealer that wont let water through to get to the weld.they make brushable seam sealer (seam sealers usually applied with a caulking gun) but ive never used that kind before. just do some searches on google for it. i tried to find a video for about 30 min for ya last night on how to apply but couldnt find ****. sorry
Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 AM
SQBassHead

Thank you bro!

You've already done alot bro , I'll google later on to check it out..... I'm sure the welder will know what I'm talking about when I mention it lol
Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 AM
bagged00

no problem man. if its a welder that does welding work on cars he definately will. i dunno about other things since my field of interest is mainly in automobiles.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:37 PM
DBTre50z

updates???
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
SQBassHead

Still looking for a welder bro

All of them I found are too expensive

But I'm about to order the sound deadening lol
Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get road kill stinger instead of dynamat

you should know this and your adhesive is failing on your dynamat now
Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Jackson0927

d*#@ false update........

get to work! took me 3 times longer than i originally thought, so no sweat but get out there
Old 05-17-2011, 07:21 AM
SQBassHead

I've had bad luck with dynomat extreme (sagging) maybe I didn't prep it right

I've thought about road kill, but im going to go with second skin damp pro
Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 AM
SQBassHead

Jackson-
Yeah bro your telling me! Bro I haven't had any sound in my car since I pulled out the metal exhaust note gets boring after awhile

I need my sounds back asap! Lol... My new HAT L6's are still in the box waiting to be abused lol......
But yeah time sux! For some odd reason there's seems to be a FKN b-day every Saturday of may FML lol.... But the only thing holding me back is the welder, every quote I've gotten is too high and the ones that are low... Just DON'T sound like Rey know what there doing or confident in doing it so that makes me skeptical and I pull out an take off I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay extra for the good/confident welder

But in the meanwhile I will order my sound deadening so I can have it ready to go In once the welding is done and then I can FINALLY get my sounds back
Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Jackson0927

ouch i no that feeling, i was straight listening to my iphone for like 3 weeks once i took out my amp and speakers

i just went back to my old high school and used the welder there, my teacher is the beez neez. (free welders, alignment rack, 2 full lifts, and every tool you could ever need)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 AM
SQBassHead

LUUUU-KKYY!!!!! Lol my HS they didn't have shop some *** hole before me ruined it for everyone ..... Let's just say it wasn't safe lol

Stupid ppl!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 PM
SQBassHead

Got the holes welded finally!
I also sprayed some sealant/undercoat on it to prevent rust

Not the prettiest but it's sealed
I'm going to cover it with my sound deadening anyways so I could care less how it looks at the bottom.... Main goal was that it is sealed and has no holes!

Remember how I said everytime I take one step forward I get hit with two steps back .... Well now it's just my luck .... My passenger seat motor/switch is dead so my seat doesn't move forward or back luckily it went dead with it in the back position.... I tried electrical cleaner and had no luck ... Im just going to leave it like that oh well lol ... It just going to be a pain bc the seat won't be able to move lol

Now I'm just wating for my sound deadening to arrive and then install
Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
My LT Won

Originally Posted by SQBassHead
18"

I already have 2 13w7's tho

Maybe next year .... I'm going to try and get as much ad I can out of these 13w7's , I know these woofers are capable of going over 150dbs , 155dbs and my fat *** will do a backflip or try!!!

But yeah Travis, I'm going to try and do something with these woofers since I already have two, but I like the fact that not many ppl use 13w7's (properly) alot of newbs just buy it bc it JL AUDIO , what a waste
i'd guess closer to 150's on music with the pair. 155 is a whole new realm. how does your system sound with the port firing forward?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 PM
SQBassHead

Hence why I said I'll do a backflip! Lol but you never know with these delicate a$$ subs .... Sure would be sweet to get to 155
But the goal is 150
With my single I want to get to 145 ... I'll have to wait and see .... Hopefully I can gain some DBS from the deadening.... And tune.... Maybe even throw my old Orion 2500d on the 13 to juice it up

It is really "boomy" if you know what I mean, best way I can explain it.... I just lower the bass and it's tight and clean lol

But, dang right now I just want my sounds back ... After the summer I'm going TL look onto getting a new amp and connecting the other 13 I have ..... Sp for the mean Time I'll have 1 only bit atleast it won't rattle like a ******!!! All that plastic was rattling like crazy! Lol plus I want to hear my L6's finally! Lol

Last edited by SQBassHead; 05-25-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:24 PM
My LT Won

never heard a w7 but i hope you can hit 145 with one. i haven't metered my single btl but everyone who has heard guess it to be around 145+ and im only on a rf t1500bd amp and stock alt. soon im upgrading amp and alt. bet your setup sounds super clean though. here soon ill post up a vid i can get some hair moving with the single 12. now crazy hair trick but definately moving some air.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:45 PM
SQBassHead

sounds good bro!
Your btw is being Hella underpowered!!!! Those things can take some power bro ! Lol

W7 sounds good bro, clean if compared to many other subs... But spl wise it's picky as f'k! Lol, I'm going to try TL get 145 with one but who knows.... You know how it is... You can't have the best of both worlds (SQ&SPL) you gotta give a little lol ... But to be honest, I see this as a challenge , you know bc so many ppl hate on JL , and to Many newbs buy it just bc the name and don't acually know what it's suppose to sound like

You know bro?
I'm glad there's more bassheads in this forum ! Honestly I got tired of all these weight saving "sq" builds

I wanna see the vid, let me know bro
And get it metered bro!!! Lol
Old 05-28-2011, 01:51 AM
My LT Won

i will say im not a jl audio fan at all. now i do know they can sound good though and still get loud, but you can sure do alot better for your money. i actualy have a 13.5" w3 im trying to sell at the moment. the jl retails for 349, i paid 300 for my btl fully loaded. it was bought by a guy who never used it and sold it to me cheap.

hell ya the btl is fully loaded as well. it's laughing at my amp. the suprising part is it's still loud, and plays pretty low. i can get the windshield wipers moving and the steering wheel flexing and that little amp. btl is more efficent then people give it credit for. im gonna be purchasing a crescendo 3500 soon. should do nicely. i wanna get on a term lab soon so i can quit guessing on how loud it is.

the weight saving crowd cracks me up. these are the same people who probly think there all motor z is fast lol. my 350z is slow and without big money it won't be fast so i like to use it for a nice cruiser daily driver. the extra 100-200lbs means nothing to me.

Quick Reply: ~~>{SQBassHead's Audio Build}<~~