Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2 fi btls on crescendo bc 3500

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:27 PM
My LT Won

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 fi btls on crescendo bc 3500. 150+ on music

well as of right now i have a 12" fully loaded btl on a bc 3500. i just bought my second loaded btl. one was just not cutting it anymore. now this setup alot louder then most preffer on this forum but im shooting for a loud ground pounder, i'd like to do 150+ on music. this will be trial and error since i don't know of anyone with two 12's ported in a 350z. i'm gonna make a cardboard mock up box to start, so i can see if i can shimmy the box in and make it fit. it should be around 5.5-5.6 cubes gross and 4cubes net. box will have about 15.4sq in of port per cube, tuned too 34hz.

i will be starting this sometime this week, i'm going down to get some more mdf and some wooden dowels for bracing. i will be updating this thread through out the week with pictures.

here is a pic of it when i first go it in.

i do have stock electrical for now minus my chassis to ground in 1/0 wire and negative to chassis in 1/0 wire. also 1/0 wire for power and ground. i will be ordering a ho alt in the near future along with a second batt. subs are d2 coils so i will be running them a 2ohm nominal for now and .5ohm nominal after electrical is upgraded.

feel free to chime in with questions or advice. this system is for output not looks. atleast for the moment.

edit: started putting the box together today. i have a little bit together and now the fun part begins. the rest of the box has to be assembled in the car. also the second loaded fi btl arrived today.

here is a few pictures.

the rest of the braces will be added once i start the assembly of the box in the car,

here is another update:

here is the box pretty much complete. my gf got a little carried away with the gorilla glue lol.

here it is with the top piece on but not screwed down. just doing a test fit before i cut the speaker holes out. i also had to go with port on the passenger side because of the stupid rear wiper motor that hangs down. i was afraid the subs may hit it at full excursion. also the box doesn't sit up as high as it looks in the pictures.

i will also be adding 3 vertical braces after speaker holes are cut out.

here is a quick video i made. this is the subs seeing around 8-900rms watts a piece. they are barely movin at the moment but they are still movin a little air. also at the begining of the vid the bass line hasen't dropped that's why the bottle isn't floating at all.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WaGz1txh5Wk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WaGz1txh5Wk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited by My LT Won; 07-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
DBTre50z

Originally Posted by My LT Won
well as of right now i have a 12" fully loaded btl on a bc 3500. i just bought my second loaded btl. one was just not cutting it anymore. now this setup alot louder then most preffer on this forum but im shooting for a loud ground pounder, i'd like to do 150+ on music. this will be trial and error since i don't know of anyone with two 12's ported in a 350z. i'm gonna make a cardboard mock up box to start, so i can see if i can shimmy the box in and make it fit. it should be around 5.5-5.6 cubes gross and 4cubes net. box will have about 15.4sq in of port per cube, tuned too 34hz.

i will be starting this sometime this week, i'm going down to get some more mdf and some wooden dowels for bracing. i will be updating this thread through out the week with pictures.

here is a pic of it when i first go it in.

i do have stock electrical for now minus my chassis to ground in 1/0 wire and negative to chassis in 1/0 wire. also 1/0 wire for power and ground. i will be ordering a ho alt in the near future along with a second batt. subs are d2 coils so i will be running them a 2ohm nominal for now and .5ohm nominal after electrical is upgraded.

feel free to chime in with questions or advice. this system is for output not looks. atleast for the moment.
Your a nut case... cant wait to see this
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM
My LT Won

well thank you.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just don't see how you could fit all that in the back of a Z. I love me some bass! 150 on music would be awesome! Goodluck to you, I've never heard of that amp before.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 06-30-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:37 PM
My LT Won

i'm gonna end up building part of the box inside the car. nothing ever goes to plan so i'm sure there will be some hurdles too overcome.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM
350zspl
Banned

i think max length you can get away with is 32" maybe
max height maybe 15"
max depth maybe 19"

you will need to strip all the plastic off the rear strut bar , and the plastic that holds the hatch light driectly behind the license plate to have a chance to shimmy a box that size in , the turn at the end may be do aggressive yet still

now using those max dimesions you may see 4 cu gross , but you will not see 4 cubes net after 2 x sub 12" & port displacement , i had a btl 12" in mine for a whille

the btls can handle 2K clean watts each all day long , i am not sure that you will see 4K watts out of that cresendo 3.5K on stock electrical , after voltage drop , so i think you will not have enough power to make 2 btls 12" shine

also by going with a box on the smaller side this enables you to overpower the subs

if it was 2 each 10" btls you would be dead on perfect

those btls like 2 net cubes each in 12" and like to be tuned to 40 hertz

good luck man

nice equipment though

good luck seeing 150 on music , not trying to discourage you , just sharing with you what i have been thru on these cars

lastly you need to decide double baffle and be more rigid , or single baffle and have more net space

you could do 3/4" mdf single baffle and glass the inside on the box
you could do 3/4" mdf and 5/8" x 2 baffle
you could do 3/4" mdf and 1" mdf baffle

run 8 awg for your speaker leads

Last edited by 350zspl; 06-27-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
My LT Won

i have got all my plastics off. i can go 24" deep. now i will have about 4 inches of the box underneath the strut bar. there is also some little metal lips that stick out that i'm gonna bend under that will give me 30" width all the way back. i also made a 16" high and it clears just fine. i will be taking off the plastic around the window to add a little more breathing room. box comes out to 5.38 gross and about 3.9net. i also understand voltage drop and box rise. i am no where near done with this. i may add a slightly bigger amp in the future. stock electrical is obviously only temporary for now. i just happend to get great deals on my subs and amp so i'm working backwards.

i also understand box size and power handling. that's why i made my first box 2.7net for my btl since i knew it was being under powered. also box will be built in the hatch.

i have also added 8awg leads already. the picture was of some cheap wire i had to get me by at first,

this is all gonna be an experiment so i'm sure it won't all go to plan but i will figure it out.

Last edited by My LT Won; 06-27-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
350zspl
Banned

sounds great man
your on your way
Old 06-27-2011, 02:32 PM
My LT Won

my main concern is getting enough airspace without sufficating the port. i know as a rule you should have as much clearance as your port width. so i think it will be close. if this doesn't work out i will demolish the box and run a single 15.

i'm looking to do something i haven't seen done. now will it be successful i don't know lol.

i'm about to go get the supplys tonight.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 AM
350zspl
Banned

tuning @ ?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
My LT Won

box will be tuned at 34hz.

i got all the wood and supplys and now i'm being delayed by the rain that came out of no where. i hope to get this started tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:43 PM
350zspl
Banned

i have a garage and can work thru the rain , so i understand your frustration

water & MDF = CRAP

gonna be nice though
Old 06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
My LT Won

ya it sucks. i'm sure this won't be the only set back so who knows when it will be done.

i will take some pics tonight of my measurements. so it will give you a better idea of what i am doing.

i already made a mock up box out of cardboard to make sure everything fits.

here are some pics i took with the tape so you can see what i'm talking about. box will be 30"w 16"h 24"d

i am gonna be bending the black metal pieces in to get me 30" width

im going 24"d as you can see i have about 2 extra inches if needed.

Last edited by My LT Won; 06-28-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 PM
My LT Won

bump
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 AM
350zspl
Banned

i have spent hours upon hours in that hatch

do i see some spots on your deadner where it is not contacting the hatch floor , if yes roll those areas flat so they make contact now while there is nothing back there , takes 10 minutes
Old 06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
My LT Won

yes there is parts that could use to be smoothed out. i am gonna add another layer.

weather here still sucks but is suppose to clear up tomorrow. i hope i can finaly get started.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:39 AM
350zspl
Banned

use a mini roller to flaten those while the adhesive is still fresh then gravity and heat will create a crazy sick bond

hope it clears up for you
Old 06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
My LT Won

hey what kind of numbers do you put up on music?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
350zspl
Banned

not high enough, that is why i told you that 150 on music at the 34 hertz your shooting for is almost impossible , but prove me wrong and your the man

i just do tones

my box is tuned to 40 hertz, i peak at 53-54 hertz

159 audio control legal score
nearly 149 on the term lab legal score

my wife and i are expecting our 1st baby girl in October so i kinda have been not trying to waste any money
hence i have stopped shooting for higer numbers

Last edited by 350zspl; 06-29-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 PM
My LT Won

Originally Posted by 350zspl
not high enough, that is why i told you that 150 on music at the 34 hertz your shooting for is almost impossible , but prove me wrong and your the man

i just do tones

my box is tuned to 40 hertz, i peak at 53-54 hertz

159 audio control legal score
nearly 149 on the term lab legal score

my wife and i are expecting our 1st baby girl in October so i kinda have been not trying to waste any money
hence i have stopped shooting for higer numbers
well i hope i can reach my goal after some trial and error. i also will be fine if it takes a window down or door open to reach my 150
+ on music since i always demo windows down. i know sealed up def brings the numbers down.

well weather is clearing up finaly, i may get started later today.

Quick Reply: 2 fi btls on crescendo bc 3500