Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Where to tap BOSE for new Sub??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:14 PM
JeepRage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to tap BOSE for new Sub??

I searched for this, but no one stated where they tapped the speaker outs for a Bose system when adding a sub. I know behind the HU is best, but on Bose, with the difference in ohms, I had thought I read it is best to tap AFTER the amp so it gets a stronger signal (near the rear speakers).

On my previous Bose car, a maxima, I had tapped the signal after the amp and before the speaker. That lasted until I gutted the whole stereo, which I may do again on the Z.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:27 AM
JeepRage

Default Re: Where to tap BOSE for new Sub??

Anyone??
Old 03-25-2004, 08:02 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

If you have the touring system, why not disconnect the crappy Bose sub amp, and tap there ? The amp is located in the stock sub compartment location on the left side. Its just a tiny little amp, so don't be too shocked. If you tap behind the head unit you will need a differential line output convertor to do the work. So, I think tpaping at the sub amp input location is fine for your needs. Do you need the wire colors ? I can look them up for you...
Old 03-25-2004, 10:56 AM
JeepRage

Originally posted by onecoolee
If you have the touring system, why not disconnect the crappy Bose sub amp, and tap there ? The amp is located in the stock sub compartment location on the left side. Its just a tiny little amp, so don't be too shocked. If you tap behind the head unit you will need a differential line output convertor to do the work. So, I think tpaping at the sub amp input location is fine for your needs. Do you need the wire colors ? I can look them up for you...
Thanks for the response. I was impatient due to no one else responding and just tapped the rear speakers. It sounds good enough for me... some decent bass, and everything will look stock when (if) i get it all back together.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:18 PM
SmO69

I've done it. Tap it right before it enters the stock Bose sub.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:47 AM
JeepRage

Originally posted by SmO69
I've done it. Tap it right before it enters the stock Bose sub.
Did you tap the front or rear connection to the sub wiring? I ended up tapping both, just matching left front and rear line level inputs with the factory left rear speaker, and right front and rear inputs to the factory right rear speaker. With just using one amp input, the bass was somewhat quiet. I am wondering if i should change them to the stock sub wires instead.

Any pros to switching it out to the factory sub wiring? If I do, do I need to connect both front and rear level inputs together again?

Do I make any sense?