Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Eclipse AVN54 6.5 toch panel cd/dvd w/ navigation

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004 | 02:03 PM
zorrocar1

Originally posted by RANDY350Z
I just had a Demo done at my Local Shop. The Eclipse kicks ***!!!! Funny thing was, they were all knocking the Kenwood Unit! They like it, but too many install parts and the Eclipse offers all in one. The other things I liked were the interactive menus were awesome graphics compared to any unit that are out including Alpine!

I sent an email as well... Have you heard anything? Payment did say by credit card so even if you get screwed won't you be able to dispute it?
Old 09-10-2004 | 06:10 PM
RANDY350Z

I would imagine, but I am concerned as to why didn't he just return it if it is brand new in the box? He told me he had the original reciept. I am still debating--that is not bad deal even if it is used though.
Old 09-11-2004 | 04:41 AM
zorrocar1

Did they ask you to use world widemovers? Have you heard anything about this company? I think it is a great deal too.
Old 09-11-2004 | 05:43 AM
zorrocar1

Default SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!

I would imagine, but I am concerned as to why didn't he just return it if it is brand new in the box? He told me he had the original reciept. I am still debating--that is not bad deal even if it is used though.
I don't know why this keeps happening to me but Here is the email I got sent. The original was that the product was negotiable in price and that I could pay credit card. Do these people in the UK think we are idiots.

Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:17:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: "send on" <contact@shippersworldwide.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: Shippers World Wide Registration
To: blackzcar@yahoo.com

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our service..Shippers World Wide is one of the largest online transactions systems in the world. We are an established company and our service is used worldwide to complete fast and secure transactions.
Our service works in a safe way to protect you and the seller. Escrow Service acts as a trusted third party which collects the funds,verifies the payment ,check that the Buyer receives the shipment.
We received a confirmation from Seller : jeanbutelie@yahoo.com.
He confirmed a transaction between himself and you.
Upon payment verification, we will ship the merchandise at the
address you have provided to us.
After the item is received and the inspection period expires (5 days) we will send the funds to the seller.
The seller agreed to pay our fees.The total amount that you have
to send us using your local MoneyGram or Western Union offices is
$900.00 US Dollars.
Here are the informations to complete your transfer through

MoneyGram or Western Union Offices :

Company's representative (General Manager): Fenton Deda
Address: 107 Hoe St,
Zip: E17 4SA,
City: London
United Kingdom

We are waiting the payment details(sender's name and address, MTCN number or Reference number).
Thank you for using our service and we look foreward to helping
you complete a fast and secure transaction.
Old 09-11-2004 | 06:39 AM
RANDY350Z

no, but did you send them mone? This e-mail that you were sent seems odd. I would e-mail him and ask to do it by COD. since he is located in the U.K. I received an e-mail today because I wanted to wait till next week, but know I am a little weary. I think I will just purchase one from my local shop--they do an awesome job unless I can find a good deal around the US.
Old 09-11-2004 | 07:00 AM
zorrocar1

no, but did you send them mone? This e-mail that you were sent seems odd. I would e-mail him and ask to do it by COD. since he is located in the U.K. I received an e-mail today because I wanted to wait till next week, but know I am a little weary. I think I will just purchase one from my local shop--they do an awesome job unless I can find a good deal around the US.
No i did not send them any money. I ran into something like this before. The site could be made up.
Old 09-11-2004 | 07:01 AM
zorrocar1

Originally posted by zorrocar1
No i did not send them any money. I ran into something like this before. The site could be made up.

The money gram thing is what gets me weary
Old 09-11-2004 | 09:10 AM
maximadave

Being in the stereo business for over 15+ years, Pioneer does make some nice stuff, no doubt. But Eclipse surpases them with pic quality and warranty. If price is an issue, yes do the Pioneer, if not the Eclipse.
Old 09-11-2004 | 10:13 AM
Trackbite

There is no way in hell I would send a money gram. Seriously, this has scam written all over it. I have heard of similar schemes for motorcycle sales.
Old 09-11-2004 | 03:11 PM
RANDY350Z

well, needles to say, I am not going to do it unless it is COD. Sounds like they want your credit card numbe to go shopping!
Old 09-12-2004 | 08:43 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by zand02max
Not trying to flame your thread, but why spend $2300, when you can spend $1500 and get a Pioneer AVIC-N1, does the same thing and more. Even has vehicle dynamics,
the avic n-1 does not allow simaltaneous use of nav and dvd/cd since it has only 1 drive, whereas the eclipse has 2 drives.
Old 09-12-2004 | 09:08 AM
tiswicked

Does any one know if the eclipse has that annoying "safety feature" where you can only play a dvd when the car is in park or with the hand brakes applied. I am aware thats how it is with all alpine dvd and navigation, even though there are ways to trick the system with xtra wiring. It think you also have to have the hand brakes applied to make changes to the navigation ( lets say to change an address destination), this is very annoying.

thanks if you know
Old 09-12-2004 | 09:22 AM
zorrocar1

well, needles to say, I am not going to do it unless it is COD. Sounds like they want your credit card numbe to go shopping!
I just emailed them back and said COD only or no transaction I will keep you updated.
Old 09-12-2004 | 02:13 PM
RANDY350Z

Does any one know if the eclipse has that annoying "safety feature" where you can only play a dvd when the car is in park or with the hand brakes applied. I am aware thats how it is with all alpine dvd and navigation, even though there are ways to trick the system with xtra wiring. It think you also have to have the hand brakes applied to make changes to the navigation ( lets say to change an address destination), this is very annoying.

thanks if you know

In response:

Yes, all US units have to have this but you can bypass it easily by either grounding the e-brake wire or runa toggle switch and ground the wire to "fool" the unit into thinking the e-brake is on. I did this on my 1996 Eclipse gst spyder (Alpine DVD video and Nav system.)
Old 09-12-2004 | 02:54 PM
zorrocar1

They wrote some stuff about how COD takes too long... So I am not going to be handing money over to them. I have been coming across theses things more and more. Its all the same story moneygram or western union. They are probably Al Qaeda... LOL
I hate the fact that people try to scam other peoples money.

thanks if you know

In response:

Yes, all US units have to have this but you can bypass it easily by either grounding the e-brake wire or runa toggle switch and ground the wire to "fool" the unit into thinking the e-brake is on. I did this on my 1996 Eclipse gst spyder (Alpine DVD video and Nav system.)