Notices

DIY st800 installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 AM
jdub1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sssmasss
cool hey as long as you got it work bro. now it is time to make a video to show us how it work. i got my work but didnt get the hood and trunk function. maybe you could show us how it work.

i was too lazy to connect it so.
lol yeah i'll make i video as soon as i get it done. I'm hiding the wires right now. i'm moving the unit to the passenger side and running them thru the center console. Then I got to clean it cuz its been been getting dusty from setting in the garage. But i'll hook you up. Thanks for all the help sssmasss!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:41 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub1234
lol yeah i'll make i video as soon as i get it done. I'm hiding the wires right now. i'm moving the unit to the passenger side and running them thru the center console. Then I got to clean it cuz its been been getting dusty from setting in the garage. But i'll hook you up. Thanks for all the help sssmasss!
dude,

dont tell people where u hide your alarm system. what if someone read this and decide to steal your car. i meant chances that they know you are rare but what if they saw a z with a push start button and decide to give it a try man...
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 PM
jdub1234

dude,

dont tell people where u hide your alarm system. what if someone read this and decide to steal your car. i meant chances that they know you are rare but what if they saw a z with a push start button and decide to give it a try man...
Its really just the same as taking pictures of the progress or something. I know what you when though.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 PM
sssmasss

Its really just the same as taking pictures of the progress or something. I know what you when though.
that's why i took pictures but decided not to post them. heheheh but make a video for us man. i want to make one too but some of the functions are missing though. and i probably will get flame for my car paint!!! heheheheh

Old 10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
jdub1234

I have everything working great but cant get the dang remote to program!!! so i cant remote start, unlock/lock the doors or roll the window down with the FOB!!!! any suggestions I have tried programming it to what you said and deleted all remotes like you said and tried it again but no luck!!! i even put a new battery in it!! the main feature and I can get it to work!!

Old 10-02-2011, 03:34 PM
sssmasss

I have everything working great but cant get the dang remote to program!!! so i cant remote start, unlock/lock the doors or roll the window down with the FOB!!!! any suggestions I have tried programming it to what you said and deleted all remotes like you said and tried it again but no luck!!! i even put a new battery in it!! the main feature and I can get it to work!!

it takes a while to get it to program bro.

did you do what i said exactly like this?

Before you can test to see if your car work you need to register the remote.

Hit 1 1 1 1 and ENT this is the factory pass. You need to change this later. Please read the manual.

Hit B A C ENT

Press the lock sign on your remote controller once and let it go. Hit the lock sign again and hold it while pressing ENT on your digital key pad. Let go. YOur remote controller is register.

Our cars have double pulse locking mechanism. you need to set it.

Hit 1 1 1 1 ENT the factory password

Hit C D A ENT

Hit B ENT

Hit ENT again to exit

please look at the procedure on how to delete it. i dont have the manual anymore.

btw if it doesnt work at all then it might be a defective item. you might need to return the smart antenna to your dealer and he will give you another one. That happened to my buddy and he got his replaced. But you have to return it to your seller though. Sean at auto-innovatio.com will not take it back because you didnt buy it from him. i heard my seller said something about the warranty will only work if the system were bought from an authorized seller... you bought it from a guy that wrecked his car!!! i dont know how that will work for you bro... good luck

Last edited by sssmasss; 10-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 PM
jdub1234

where did you mount your proximity sensor? i still cant get it to program. I guess ill just need a new antenna. Which one will i need to get? thanks

never mind i got it.

how do you get the windows to roll up and down with the remote? extra steps or what?

Last edited by jdub1234; 10-04-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM
sssmasss

auxillary wire in cn11 connector. you have to wire it and then program it. it is in the manual bro. i dont have the manual anymore. but i am sure you can look it up in the manual
Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
jdub1234

roger that thanks for all your help!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:11 AM
sssmasss

damn! Big-D28 just told me that his car ignition was replaced. he want to install the st800 system but when he checked his OEM ignition harness there was a problem. there is only 4 wires instead of 5 wires. one of the starter wires was missing. it interested me and i thought i share the information here. i know z has two starter wires and they both need to be tapped into starter output and input from st800 in order for it to work.

anyways, anyone has any similar problem? only 4 ignition harness wires present?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Big-D28

This install would have been easier but my car has only 4 wires at the ignition harness?!?!? Any ideas? I'm taking it to the audio shop now to see if they can install it
Old 10-23-2011, 01:18 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Big-D28
This install would have been easier but my car has only 4 wires at the ignition harness?!?!? Any ideas? I'm taking it to the audio shop now to see if they can install it
install it yet?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Big-D28

install it yet?
Nope I got college bro and university apps but I'll let u know haha I'll hit u up if I still need help
Old 10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
sssmasss

Nope I got college bro and university apps but I'll let u know haha I'll hit u up if I still need help
no no worries about me. i am just interested to see how it turnout for you man. since you only have 4 wires. but good luck
Old 10-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Big-D28

no no worries about me. i am just interested to see how it turnout for you man. since you only have 4 wires. but good luck
yes i knoww its soo weiirrdd like i dont understand haha from what i knew it needed two wired to start the car but wtf happened to it. well either way i can fix it but the rest of the install im not comfortable doing on my own because i just dont want to mess up haha im gonna take it somewhere where they solder the wires and do everything legit i want it perfect lol but the audio shop said it would need them all day. haha but for 150 not bad! ahah as long as they take liability im good! i wonder if i can change the cn1 harness tho to have it like i got it it might help them out haha i did give them ur diagrams tho very helpful!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
sssmasss

yes i knoww its soo weiirrdd like i dont understand haha from what i knew it needed two wired to start the car but wtf happened to it. well either way i can fix it but the rest of the install im not comfortable doing on my own because i just dont want to mess up haha im gonna take it somewhere where they solder the wires and do everything legit i want it perfect lol but the audio shop said it would need them all day. haha but for 150 not bad! ahah as long as they take liability im good! i wonder if i can change the cn1 harness tho to have it like i got it it might help them out haha i did give them ur diagrams tho very helpful!
wtf? 150 dollars for installation? damn!!! i cannot find any local place to do it for $150. the all want atleast 250. good deal man. Where is this shop bro? My cousin want to install it and he live in San Bernardino. He doesnt want to drive down to my place and do it. maybe he can take it to your place.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Big-D28

wtf? 150 dollars for installation? damn!!! i cannot find any local place to do it for $150. the all want atleast 250. good deal man. Where is this shop bro? My cousin want to install it and he live in San Bernardino. He doesnt want to drive down to my place and do it. maybe he can take it to your place.
Hahaha ya so it's pretty good! Haha I would have asked u but I didn't know if would help or not haha but ya it's like couple miles away from where I live it's in perris haha but their busy and he said he needs to figure it out first so he asks for the whole day to work on it haha good deal tho once I get some $$$ the ill do it haha
Old 10-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Big-D28

Ok so turns out because I have an 03 Sean told me I would have only 4 wires total @ignition harness! So I used a needle and rearranged the pins on the cn1 to the way I needed them and I organized everything. Tomorrow I will start the official install on my own and I'll take pics haha my ignition cylinder wasn't changed its just me :P haha and my buddy from best buy said he would do it for 100 as a side job but I think Ina save myself the money haha
Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Big-D28

im installing this right now but my BCM is the one with 5 plugs...which wires do i tap into??
Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Big-D28

i cant find a wire diagram!

Quick Reply: DIY st800 installation