Notices

DIY st800 installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
DATBEANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks sssmasss, bigd28 and everyone else for the info lets hope my install goes smoothly!!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Vrenna

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable with this system. I had it installed fine in my car, everything was working great. Took my car in for some body repair (idiot backed in to me) and they said it lost the programming (remote) after they had the battery unattached for a week or so. Dropped of the keys to them after hours so they could finish the work. picked up the car and took it home to reprogram the remote. Now the proximity isnt working at all. I can unlock and lock, but no LF proximity? Anyone ever have a issue like this? I can delete the remote from digi pad and verify its deleted, then reprogram and it locks, trunk, unlocks, etc, just no proximity. Seems odd my antenna would die just because the battery was off, or the remote to die for that matter as its a passive LF???

Any and all help is VERY appreciated.

Last edited by Vrenna; 03-30-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Big-D28

HI Well what I can think of would be something called smart on/off I don't know the settings exactly off the top of my head but look at the manual its called smart off/on it turns off the proximity so yeah aha let me know
Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big-D28
HI Well what I can think of would be something called smart on/off I don't know the settings exactly off the top of my head but look at the manual its called smart off/on it turns off the proximity so yeah aha let me know

i think Bid D28 is right. it is not the remote nor your unit brain. but i could be wrong since nothing like this every happened to me. so i dont really know.

and where did you bought your system from? the remote maybe defected if you bought it from the guy on ebay that sold the system for 310 or 300 shipped. Many members here already ask me about defected remote controllers.

Last edited by sssmasss; 03-30-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Vrenna

I just think it is strange that the remote worked fine for a few months, then one trip to the body shop and now suddenly smart key doesn't work at all anymore. A total PITA that there is no way to test it either. Just ordered a new remote (though I am sure that isn't it) from Auto Inno and we will see. There is no option to perm disable smart key anywhere in the documentation I can find, just a temp and I have tried that. If the fob doesn't do it, guess I'll break down for a quality system and dump the extra bux. EVERY other part of the system is still functioning perfectly.

*side note*
I bought the system locally from a person who bought it at Auto Inno, got it in and decided it was far too daunting for him to install lol (his bad, my win....well till it crapped out I guess). Gave me the info to there if I needed to contact about install, but the install was not that bad. Like I said, all worked great till this smart function **** out.

Last edited by Vrenna; 03-31-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Vrenna
I just think it is strange that the remote worked fine for a few months, then one trip to the body shop and now suddenly smart key doesn't work at all anymore. A total PITA that there is no way to test it either. Just ordered a new remote (though I am sure that isn't it) from Auto Inno and we will see. There is no option to perm disable smart key anywhere in the documentation I can find, just a temp and I have tried that. If the fob doesn't do it, guess I'll break down for a quality system and dump the extra bux. EVERY other part of the system is still functioning perfectly.

*side note*
I bought the system locally from a person who bought it at Auto Inno, got it in and decided it was far too daunting for him to install lol (his bad, my win....well till it crapped out I guess). Gave me the info to there if I needed to contact about install, but the install was not that bad. Like I said, all worked great till this smart function **** out.
are you sure he bought it from auto-innovatio? if he did you can file a claim for warranty. i think it just coincidentally that your remote worn out at the same time that your incident takes place. but i think it is either the remote or smart antenna or the damn brain is malfunction. as the person you bought it from for proof of purchase from auto-innovatio and then file for claim bro. However i think he bought it from ebay from a seller that sold the defected system. I think the price is 310 or 300 shipped. no warranty for you then.

It is suck if that happened. But i think for 50 dollars more i rather pay 360 for quality products. I think the usa price is 360 shipped. that is the minimum price. So find a seller who sell the system for 360 shipped!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Vrenna

Originally Posted by sssmasss
are you sure he bought it from auto-innovatio? if he did you can file a claim for warranty. i think it just coincidentally that your remote worn out at the same time that your incident takes place. but i think it is either the remote or smart antenna or the damn brain is malfunction. as the person you bought it from for proof of purchase from auto-innovatio and then file for claim bro. However i think he bought it from ebay from a seller that sold the defected system. I think the price is 310 or 300 shipped. no warranty for you then.

It is suck if that happened. But i think for 50 dollars more i rather pay 360 for quality products. I think the usa price is 360 shipped. that is the minimum price. So find a seller who sell the system for 360 shipped!!!
I have no way of reaching the seller, as it was at a local meet situation. Even if I was lied to and he had purchased it from Ebay, it was only the remotes that were defective, hence my purchase of a new remote from Auto-Inno should settle that. I just find it incredible that it would happen to completely die within the 2.5 weeks the body shop had the car. If the new remote does not do the trick ($100 later), Im not dropping another $360 on top of that for another one of these systems. That would place me at $1050.00 total cost on this thing which will likely die again in a few months.

I'll post back I guess after this remote gets to me, though I don't hold high hopes.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:55 PM
sssmasss

I have no way of reaching the seller, as it was at a local meet situation. Even if I was lied to and he had purchased it from Ebay, it was only the remotes that were defective, hence my purchase of a new remote from Auto-Inno should settle that. I just find it incredible that it would happen to completely die within the 2.5 weeks the body shop had the car. If the new remote does not do the trick ($100 later), Im not dropping another $360 on top of that for another one of these systems. That would place me at $1050.00 total cost on this thing which will likely die again in a few months.

I'll post back I guess after this remote gets to me, though I don't hold high hopes.
the reason why the guy was able to sell it for low because items was defected.

but sorry to hear about your situation. hopefully you got everything work out for you bro.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM
DaDIDa

the reason why the guy was able to sell it for low because items was defected.

but sorry to hear about your situation. hopefully you got everything work out for you bro.
Don't buy it from "Jefferson######"
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by DaDIDa
Don't buy it from "Jefferson######"

So this guy just trolling around my350z.com

He is the seller on ebay that sold the defective st800 system to other people. I checked your profile dude. You only joined here and all you do is trying to bashing my sale thread. and then you accused me of a seller on ebay name jefferson. At least many members here bought it from dw-tech store on ebay and no one complain about defective yet. while many people here asking for help how to register the remote. after i told them they cant register because the remote control is defected.

I know who you are now. YOU ARE WOORIEL INC WHO IS SELLING DEFECTIVE SYSTEM.

HERE IS YOUR LINK RIGHT. DONT LIE NOW. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST800-World-...ht_1024wt_1135

AND I AM NOT SELLING ON EBAY. many member here can vouch for me. I have 8 trader rating. What do you have? Nothing.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 PM
DaDIDa

You go around spread news that if anyone buy the system around 310 dollars the remote control is defected!!! WOW smart *** how do you know that?

you and jefferson are from san diego!!!!

Last edited by DaDIDa; 04-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Big-D28

Originally Posted by DaDIDa
IF "sssmasss" is not "jefferson" then why do you have to defend for jefferson? which members from my350z.com said they brought defected remote control from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST800-World-...ht_1024wt_1135.

You go around spread news that if anyone buy the system around 310 dollars the remote control is defected!!! WOW smart *** how do you know that?

you and jefferson are from san diego!!!!
for the love of god can we stop with the stupid assumptions. not trying to be a douche he but ur sounding like an a$$. if i make an assumption as well i could easily say your an ebay seller who did not disclose your name and is trying to ruin POTENTIAL business. how bout you really grow up and act your age because you are sounding like an idiot trying to make a point somehow so u dont look like a dumba$$...well go no further you might make it worse on ur part. i have dealt with the ebay dealer who sold me my system (referred to him by sssmasss) and he is a different guy.....hence why he got a free alarm for referring people over to him....DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW!!! please get a mod in here!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Big-D28
for the love of god can we stop with the stupid assumptions. not trying to be a douche he but ur sounding like an a$$. if i make an assumption as well i could easily say your an ebay seller who did not disclose your name and is trying to ruin POTENTIAL business. how bout you really grow up and act your age because you are sounding like an idiot trying to make a point somehow so u dont look like a dumba$$...well go no further you might make it worse on ur part. i have dealt with the ebay dealer who sold me my system (referred to him by sssmasss) and he is a different guy.....hence why he got a free alarm for referring people over to him....DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW!!! please get a mod in here!!

Thank you, Bid D28. I am going to ignore this guy.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Vrenna

Well the new remote got here from korea (via auto-inno) and it's a no go. Sad to report, I think its just a cheap system. Was fun for the few months it worked. If anyone knows a similar but quality system, please drop me a msg.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
sssmasss

Well the new remote got here from korea (via auto-inno) and it's a no go. Sad to report, I think its just a cheap system. Was fun for the few months it worked. If anyone knows a similar but quality system, please drop me a msg.
Then your brain is defected bro. that is why you should by directly from dw-tech. I have this system for almost a year and nothing happened to it. many people here got the system and it is working great bro.

If you want to switch you can get easycar e7-b model. it is good. Or you can buy the brain! however you must determine if your brain is at fault or your antenna is defected since you got the new remote already.

email nathantruong@dowon-tech.us

for parts. you got 1 year warranty bro. please mention that sssmasss send you over if you email him. That way you got discount and i got some free stuffs for referring you over. thank you
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Vrenna

Then your brain is defected bro. that is why you should by directly from dw-tech. I have this system for almost a year and nothing happened to it. many people here got the system and it is working great bro.

If you want to switch you can get easycar e7-b model. it is good. Or you can buy the brain! however you must determine if your brain is at fault or your antenna is defected since you got the new remote already.

email nathantruong@dowon-tech.us

for parts. you got 1 year warranty bro. please mention that sssmasss send you over if you email him. That way you got discount and i got some free stuffs for referring you over. thank you
My brain could be defective, alarm's prolly is too. I will see what he has to say about warranty on the brain. I will make sure to mention your name.

I have emailed him, guess I will be repurchasing parts for this car as I don't really feel like re-wiring in a whole new system. For future installs for friends and so on, think I'll go with the easycar. It looks to be decent system with more bells and whistles. Thank you again for the help sssmasss.

Last edited by Vrenna; 04-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 PM
sl0067

I'm currently using a similar system from AdvancedKeys.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by sl0067
I'm currently using a similar system from AdvancedKeys.

dude advance key is made in china. they just renamed it bro. I got that one and it didnt work out well. too bad dw-tech is currently off right now.

but hey easycar e7-b is great. check it out bro
Old 08-24-2015, 04:49 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

Just got done installing this thing. Definitely a pain in the butt. Several hours digging through FSM and reading busted English. SSSMASSS ,while he tried to help with his posts, his pictures are deleted and his English leaves a lot to be desired. Im sure its not his native language and his Chinese or whatever is better than mine ect.

I bench tested before hand just to test it out.

Things to know before you go to install:
Get some rectifier diodes, like a 10 pk. You will need them for door inputs
The harnesses that they provide with the unit only make things more difficult. Wires are all different lengths and connectors on some and not on others
Double unlock - set program for that
By Generator they mean alternator. Set up the sky blue wire for a voltage increase from 12-14.7 when charging
The y harness will plug into the ignition cylinder but not the OEM plug. Splice time.
Parking brake is Gnd
Wiring through the door isnt bad but it isnt fun. This is for the lock and unlock signals
The horn is annoyingly loud...and plays way to often
Plug for the Radio and proximity antenna on the antenna side is the same so don't get them mixed up else you cannot teach your remote or operate the system. Mine had a sticker for the white plug to go to the correct one, leaving the black plug for the other
6mt transmissions require the clutch in before the starter plunger engages...note that for remote start (requires additional relay and you better make sure youre not in gear and your parking brake is good to go)
Old 08-24-2015, 04:45 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Cux350z
Just got done installing this thing. Definitely a pain in the butt. Several hours digging through FSM and reading busted English. SSSMASSS ,while he tried to help with his posts, his pictures are deleted and his English leaves a lot to be desired. Im sure its not his native language and his Chinese or whatever is better than mine ect.

I bench tested before hand just to test it out.

Things to know before you go to install:
Get some rectifier diodes, like a 10 pk. You will need them for door inputs
The harnesses that they provide with the unit only make things more difficult. Wires are all different lengths and connectors on some and not on others
Double unlock - set program for that
By Generator they mean alternator. Set up the sky blue wire for a voltage increase from 12-14.7 when charging
The y harness will plug into the ignition cylinder but not the OEM plug. Splice time.
Parking brake is Gnd
Wiring through the door isnt bad but it isnt fun. This is for the lock and unlock signals
The horn is annoyingly loud...and plays way to often
Plug for the Radio and proximity antenna on the antenna side is the same so don't get them mixed up else you cannot teach your remote or operate the system. Mine had a sticker for the white plug to go to the correct one, leaving the black plug for the other
6mt transmissions require the clutch in before the starter plunger engages...note that for remote start (requires additional relay and you better make sure youre not in gear and your parking brake is good to go)
cool dude.
btw where to do you get st800? i am trying to get one for my car new car but i cant find it anywhere

Quick Reply: DIY st800 installation