Notices

DIY st800 installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DIY st800 installation

Hey guys,

new information!!! for those who doesnt want to cut the key and leave it in the ignition, there is a solution for it. You can get the flash logic bypass!!!

I promised to write a diy installation like a really long time now. I thought it might confused people so i gave up. Now, i realized i can make it really clear with a diagram. Thanks to the help of Sean @ auto-innovatio and the guy on ebay store Jeffersontruong. This is just a DIY guide. i am not responsible for any damage caused by installing this system.

Remember to take our the AIRBAG fuses before taping into BCM or you can disconnect the battery like i did. Also, please remove your aftermarket alarm before installing st800. it might cause interferences.

The OEM harness wire color is based on the 2006. please check your vehicle wiring color.
I am going to go over the installation section by section

CN1 Harness will be divided into 3 sections
CN1 A. CN1 B and CN1 C

CN1 A

Remove the plastic piece that cover the ignition column and the plastic piece on the bottom of the steering wheel.

1) Unplug the OEM plug from the back of the ignition column.

2) Take out two CN1 harness wire from st800 unit

3) Take the harness that will be plug into the back of the ignition column and cut 3 wires withWHITE, GREEN and YELLOW color. WHITE and GREEN wires are STARTER wires which need to be connect for our car to start. YELLOW is ACC wire

THE OTHER WIRES BLACK IS B1 POWER LINE, RED IS IGNITION 2, BLUE IS IGNITION 1.
4) At the end near ignition column connect the WHITE and GREEN wires together.

5) Use electrical tape to cover the cut parts

CN1 B

1) Use electrical tape to cover the 3 cut wire. These wire will not be used

2) Cut the RED wire from the end that have the plastic piece. Use tape and tape it up. This is ignition 2 wire but our cars do not have a second ignition wire.

3) Cut the WHITE wire and tape it into GREEN wire. These two wires again are Starter wires

CN1 C

1) Cut the YELLOW wire that plug into ST800 unit.

2) Connect the end that directly plug into the ST800 unit to 5 PIN RELAY pin # 85

3) Connect the end with the plastic piece to 5 PIN RELAY pin # 30

4) Connect the plastic piece end of the YELLOW wire to the plastic piece of the GREEN wire

5) Cut the ORANGE wire from ST800 unit plug and tap it into the RED wire from the ST800 plug.

6) Use your own electric wire to connect 5 PIN RELAY pin # 87 to the RED wire from the ST800 unit.

7) Connect the RED wire with plastic end to the BLACK wire with plastic end

8) Connect the GREEN wire straight fromt he ST800 unit to the BLUE wire plastic end.

9) Connect the BLUE wire with plastic end from st800 unit to the YELLOW wire with plastic piece

10) Cut the WHITE wire from st800 unit and tape it up. We will not be using this wire.

DO NOT MATCH THE COLORS AND PLUG THEM IN. YOU HAVE TO CHECK THE WIRES.

While you are at the ignition column. Please look under the ignition column. you should see a white connected with 2 wires both RED/BLACK. Please Cut the wire on top. If you are not sure which of the two wire to cut please insert the key in the ignition and use a volt meter to measure which wire have power when key is insert.

The end that is connected to the ignition will be connected to BLACK/GREEN wire from CN2 and the other end that is connected to a brown connector that is connected to your vehicle will be connected to GREEN wire from CN11

THE WIRES FOR CN2 PART 2 HAVE WRONG COLOR. THEY ACTUALLY RED/BLACK NOT RED. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE WIRES THAT CAME FROM THE WHITE CONNECTOR BELOW THE IGNITION COLUMN. AS YOU CAN SEE THE RED WIRE THAT IS CUT AND CONNECTED TO GREEN CN 11 AND BLACK/GREEN CN2, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RED/BLACK. SEE BELOW FOR DETAIL

CN2

1) connect to BLACK Ground wires to your vehicle body. You need to find a place with good metal connection.

2) Connect the WHITE wire to your siren WHITE wire.

3) Our cars do not use the GRAY wire so cut it off or tape it up.

4) BLACK/GREEN wire is connected to the key sense wire that was cut in previous step. Connect it to the end that is not connected to the ignition column.

5) YELLOW and GREEN need to be wire to the door switch at driver door panel. You need to remove the plug at your driver door and door panel in order to wire these wire.

6) Tap the GREEN wire to the BLACK/RED wire at the driver door switch

7) Connect the YELLOW wire to the BLUE wire at the driver door switch

8) Tap the BROWN wire to the PINK wire at BCM pin 30 ( It is a negative polarity so u need to set the jumper to negative. Please remember to disconnect the power to the st800 unit before remove and insert both jumper. you must do it at the same time.)

9) Tap the two PINK signal wires to the GREEN/WHITE and PURPLE/WHITE at BCM pin 45 and 46. it doesnt matter which pink wire is connect to white wire.

CN3 is not used

Last edited by sssmasss; 03-14-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
sssmasss

CN4 Shock sensor.

I used a ziptie to attach my SHOCK SENSOR to the steering column. You need to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor.

CN5 Push START Button.

Place it any where you like

CN6 Bypass module

You can hide it any where you like.

You Need To Open The Bypass Module And Place The End Of Your Key With Transponder Inside

The ANTENNA needed to be wrapped tightly on the ignition colum so it can transmit the signal to the immobolizer receiver.

CN7 Not Used

CN8 Smart Antenna

you need to find a place highest in your car and place it there. It need to be away from the RF Antenna

CN 9 RF Antenna

I placed my on the passenger side near next to the windshield

CN 10 Digital Key pad

i placed my on the passender windshield

CN11 (the Fun Part)

--- PURPLE wire is not used because our cars are not diesel

--- ORANGE wire is positive parking detection wire ( I didnt used this wire)

----RED wire is negative parking detection wire ( I connected it o my ebrake pin because i have an automatic)

NOTES: IF YOU HAVE A MANUAL IT IS SAFER TO TAP INTO ECU PIN WHERE PARKING/NEUTRAL WIRE IS. PLEASE USE A VOLT METER TO CHECK IF THE IT IS POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE TO DETERMINE IF YOU WILL USE RED OR ORANGE WIRE. ONLY ONE WIRE IS USED. CUT THE OTHER UNUSED WIRE AND TAPE IT UP

---SkyBLue L termial wire. This wire can be connected to either Tachometer wire at the speed cluster or it can be tap into ignition coil or fuel injectors wires at ECU. Please look at the vehicle wiring diagram for your year and wire color codes.

---GREY Door detection wire. Please use a three way connector to split the GREY wire into 2 wires for driver and passenger doors. Please get 2 diodes, 3 amp. The diode end with stripes need to face the BCM. Please tap these to pin 12 and 62 at BCM. they are pink and blue wires but i forgot which wire is at which pin. You can look it up when you actually do the installation.

---BROWN Brake detection wire. This wire need to be tap into PINK/BLUE wire at the Brake sensor located right on top of the brake pedal.

---GREEN key sense wire. On the bottom of the ignition cylinder, there is a white plug with two wires (RED/BLACK). Cut the wire on the TOP wire and connect the GREEN wire from CN11 to the cut end wire that connect tot the ignition cylinder. The other end that connected to the plug that connect to your vehicle will be connected to the key sense wire output (Black/Green on CN2 connector)

---BLUE ACC wire. This wrie need to be connected to the ACC wire which is the YELLOW wire from CN1 A

---YELLOW Starter wire. This wire need to be connected to the GREEN wire from CN1 A. Remember that Green and White wire from CN1 A are connected together already.

---GREY/BLACK AUX wire. This wire needed to be tap into Yellow wrie from CN2 for window roll up or down i forgot but it either up or down.

----Yellow/BLack Aux wire. This needed to be tap into Green wire from CN2 or window roll up or down i forgot but it either up or down. Again i forgot which one is which but this is the correct set up.

Last edited by sssmasss; 09-14-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 PM
sssmasss

Now that u have finish wiring your st800 it is time to set up your st800 unit.

You need to open the lid of ST800 unit and look inside.

The NOISE level **** needed to be turn clockwise all the way so that st800 unit can detect our cars is already started. it will stop the starter from running and prevent damages to starter.

VR **** is not adjusted because i didnt used this

CAP2 s/w: Trunk output polarity. You need to insert both jumper at the same time. Our cars has negative polarity for the trunk so you need to move bot jumpers to the negative side. I disconnected the CN1 before removing both jumper and insert the jumpers. I reconnect the CN1 connector after i had insert both jumpers.

CAP1 S/W: I moved the jumper to the NOISE because i connected my to the tachometer wire @ speed cluster. you can select whatever you like depend on where you tap your SKy Blue wire from CN11 to.

DIP1 to DIP3 is self explanatory.

Alright...

Before you can test to see if your car work you need to register the remote.

Hit 1 1 1 1 and ENT this is the factory pass. You need to change this later. Please read the manual.

Hit B A C ENT

Press the lock sign on your remote controller once and let it go. Hit the lock sign again and hold it while pressing ENT on your digital key pad. Let go. YOur remote controller is register.

Our cars have double pulse locking mechanism. you need to set it.

Hit 1 1 1 1 ENT the factory password

Hit C D A ENT

Hit B ENT

Hit ENT again to exit

Finally, it is time to cut the PURPLE/WHITE wire under the ST800 CAP FOR AUTOMATIC CARS ONLY. do not cut the wire if you have a manual.

Last edited by sssmasss; 09-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
^ I'll be deleting the posts between your DIY posts so it's neater (#2, 4, 5, and any others).
Oh. do whatever that is needed. i am not finished yet. i am writing this and somehow when i post it doesnt post and it did not save. i had to re-write it twice therefore i am writing it like this in case it got mess up again.

THIS STEP IS FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION. IT IS NOT THAT MUCH DIFFERENT. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GETTING A SECOND 5 PIN RELAY AND CONNECT THE ORANGE OR RED WIRES FROM CN11 TO PARK/NEUTRAL PIN @ ECU

here is my other diagram for manual transmission. it look confusing because i put everything together whereas the obove diagrams are broken down.

Thanks to 350z_REDLINE for confirming manual transmission set up and diodes and helping me with this.

Please note the ORANGE and RED parking detection in this diagram is actually wrong. You have to determined which polarity it is to use the wire.

alright. finally i am finished.

anyone interested in buying my used ST800 system? I upgraded to easycar E7-b already. I only used it for like a month. Let me get the picture of the used system tomorrow. Good night guys. Have fun installing...

p.s please look in your manual for window roll up and down set up. there are many other options please look at them. If you guys have time while installing this system, please take some pictures and add to this thread to make it more rich.

Last edited by sssmasss; 09-14-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:01 PM
sssmasss

if you remove your seats for easy access and now your air bag light is flashing, all you have to do is follow the air bag reset procedure. You dont have to remove the cn1 harness and place the OEM back to reset your air bag. All you have to is press the start button to turn on your car but not start the car.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 PM
cheneymatthews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the ST960 looks like the "newer" version. Quite pricey but it looks to be easier to install. Any ideas on the wiring for the ST960?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by cheneymatthews
So, the ST960 looks like the "newer" version. Quite pricey but it looks to be easier to install. Any ideas on the wiring for the ST960?
what? really? they are the same system man. the only different is that st960 has 2 ways pager function whereas st800 is a 1 way pager alarm.

if you follow my diagram it should be the same. i dont have the diagram for st960 because i didnt buy the system and install it. The main reason is the price!! way out of my reach!!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 AM
cheneymatthews

Originally Posted by sssmasss
The main reason is the price!! way out of my reach!!
I hear ya. Your price is awesome. I'm surprised no one has jumped on it. Why did you go EasyCar? That st960 seems pretty kickass.

The reason why I ask about wiring... they wrote this "ST800 has no relays at all ST960 is only system with out any extra modules".

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magent...nd-models.html

In their broken english, I think that means st960 is a straight shoot easy install without all the module wiring you went through.

Your thoughts?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by cheneymatthews
I hear ya. Your price is awesome. I'm surprised no one has jumped on it. Why did you go EasyCar? That st960 seems pretty kickass.

The reason why I ask about wiring... they wrote this "ST800 has no relays at all ST960 is only system with out any extra modules".

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magent...nd-models.html

In their broken english, I think that means st960 is a straight shoot easy install without all the module wiring you went through.

Your thoughts?
i believe they still need the starter kill relay or ignition kill relay. I dont know what they mean by no relay at all. I think you should as for the installation manual. You should call Sean and he will tell you about it. Without installation manual it is just a guessing game.

Actually i think they mean the starter kill relay is built in the system. if that is the case then this is what you have to do.

you dont have to get a 5 pin electrical relay for starter kill because it is built in but everything is still the same.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:03 PM
jdub1234

Can somebody explain why they are asking me to cut the key? Do I even have to cut the key?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by jdub1234
Can somebody explain why they are asking me to cut the key? Do I even have to cut the key?
??? have you read the instruction manual? the key is to unlock the steering lock mechanism of your car.

you to have to cut your car key! you can go to home depot or any place to make a copy of your car key. place that in the ignition and mark where you want to cut the end part! you leave that key in there to unlock the steering column.

you have to place your key inside the transponder bypass to transmit the signal to start the car. without the transponder signal you will not be able to start your car.

why dont you try starting your car with the copy key without the transponder to see what it is doing. it wont start your car. it will crank but not starting.

btw only do this less then 5 times or the immobilizer will put your car in lock mode which you need to get it out of. it can be easy or can be difficult and you have to tow your car to dealer for a reset. therefore only try to start your car without transponder less than 5 times!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:26 AM
jdub1234

Originally Posted by sssmasss
Hey guys,

I promised to write a diy installation like a really long time now. I thought it might confused people so i gave up. Now, i realized i can make it really clear with a diagram. Thanks to the help of Sean @ auto-innovatio and the guy on ebay store Jeffersontruong. This is just a DIY guide. i am not responsible for any damage caused by installing this system.

Remember to take our the AIRBAG fuses before taping into BCM or you can disconnect the battery like i did. Also, please remove your aftermarket alarm before installing st800. it might cause interferences.

The OEM harness wire color is based on the 2006. please check your vehicle wiring color.
I am going to go over the installation section by section

CN1 Harness will be divided into 3 sections
CN1 A. CN1 B and CN1 C

CN1 A

Remove the plastic piece that cover the ignition column and the plastic piece on the bottom of the steering wheel.

1) Unplug the OEM plug from the back of the ignition column.

2) Take out two CN1 harness wire from st800 unit

3) Take the harness that will be plug into the back of the ignition column and cut 3 wires withWHITE, GREEN and YELLOW color. WHITE and GREEN wires are STARTER wires which need to be connect for our car to start. YELLOW is ACC wire

THE OTHER WIRES BLACK IS B1 POWER LINE, RED IS IGNITION 2, BLUE IS IGNITION 1.
4) At the end near ignition column connect the WHITE and GREEN wires together.

5) Use electrical tape to cover the cut parts

CN1 B

1) Use electrical tape to cover the 3 cut wire. These wire will not be used

2) Cut the RED wire from the end that have the plastic piece. Use tape and tape it up. This is ignition 2 wire but our cars do not have a second ignition wire.

3) Cut the WHITE wire and tape it into GREEN wire. These two wires again are Starter wires

CN1 C

1) Cut the YELLOW wire that plug into ST800 unit.

2) Connect the end that directly plug into the ST800 unit to 5 PIN RELAY pin # 85

3) Connect the end with the plastic piece to 5 PIN RELAY pin # 30

4) Connect the plastic piece end of the YELLOW wire to the plastic piece of the GREEN wire

5) Cut the ORANGE wire from ST800 unit plug and tap it into the RED wire from the ST800 plug.

6) Use your own electric wire to connect 5 PIN RELAY pin # 87 to the RED wire from the ST800 unit.

7) Connect the RED wire with plastic end to the BLACK wire with plastic end

8) Connect the GREEN wire straight fromt he ST800 unit to the BLUE wire plastic end.

9) Connect the BLUE wire with plastic end from st800 unit to the YELLOW wire with plastic piece

10) Cut the WHITE wire from st800 unit and tape it up. We will not be using this wire.

DO NOT MATCH THE COLORS AND PLUG THEM IN. YOU HAVE TO CHECK THE WIRES.

While you are at the ignition column. Please look under the ignition column. you should see a white connected with 2 wires both RED/BLACK. Please Cut the wire on top. If you are not sure which of the two wire to cut please insert the key in the ignition and use a volt meter to measure which wire have power when key is insert.

The end that is connected to the ignition will be connected to BLACK/GREEN wire from CN2 and the other end that is connected to a brown connector that is connected to your vehicle will be connected to GREEN wire from CN11

THE WIRES FOR CN2 PART 2 HAVE WRONG COLOR. THEY ACTUALLY RED/BLACK NOT RED. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE WIRES THAT CAME FROM THE WHITE CONNECTOR BELOW THE IGNITION COLUMN. AS YOU CAN SEE THE RED WIRE THAT IS CUT AND CONNECTED TO GREEN CN 11 AND BLACK/GREEN CN2, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RED/BLACK. SEE BELOW FOR DETAIL

CN2

1) connect to BLACK Ground wires to your vehicle body. You need to find a place with good metal connection.

2) Connect the WHITE wire to your siren WHITE wire.

3) Our cars do not use the GRAY wire so cut it off or tape it up.

4) BLACK/GREEN wire is connected to the key sense wire that was cut in previous step. Connect it to the end that is not connected to the ignition column.

5) YELLOW and GREEN need to be wire to the door switch at driver door panel. You need to remove the plug at your driver door and door panel in order to wire these wire.

6) Tap the GREEN wire to the BLACK/RED wire at the driver door switch

7) Connect the YELLOW wire to the BLUE wire at the driver door switch

8) Tap the BROWN wire to the PINK wire at BCM pin 30 ( It is a negative polarity so u need to set the jumper to negative. Please remember to disconnect the power to the st800 unit before remove and insert both jumper. you must do it at the same time.)

9) Tap the two PINK signal wires to the GREEN/WHITE and PURPLE/WHITE at BCM pin 45 and 46. it doesnt matter which pink wire is connect to white wire.

CN3 is not used
What are you talking about when you say say set the jumper to negative? On number 8.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:18 AM
sssmasss

please take a look at your installation diagram and your st800 main controller module. There is a lid on the st800 controller module. you have to open the lid and there are two ***** that can be turned. Below the two know are 3 jumpers. trunk polarity and something else i forgot. the Z trunk has negative polarity. you need the set the jumper to negative polarity for the trunk to work. if it is positive polarity you cannot open your trunk. when you remove the trunk jumpers two of them must be remote and insert at the same time if the power is on. if you remove the power to it cn1 then you can insert it one by one or whatever you like.

please take a look at your diagram. i dont have the diagram with me anymore. thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
jdub1234

Ok thanks so much for your help this is my first system install so its all new to me but I think we have it all figured out.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:09 PM
jdub1234

Hey I have one more question sorry....but where do I find the tach wire? thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 PM
sssmasss

Hey I have one more question sorry....but where do I find the tach wire? thanks in advance

behind the speedcluster. it is the green/yellow wire i believe. please call Sean at auto-innovatio.com for confirmation.

i have noticed something strange though. when i tap the wire into the speed cluster and adjust the noise level my starter still running a little bit after the car has started. I decided to tap into the fuel injector at ECU and the starter stop right after the engine started. You might want to reconsider tapping into fuel injector wires at ECU. you have to look up the fuel injector wires for your years. it think there are six of them. you can tap in any one you like.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:58 AM
jdub1234

ok i think ill just tap in at the ecu like you said thanks again

do you have seans email so i can stop bugging you

thanks

Last edited by jdub1234; 09-26-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
sssmasss

ok i think ill just tap in at the ecu like you said thanks again

do you have seans email so i can stop bugging you

thanks
i dont really have his email. i just called him and the number is on auto-innovatio.com bro. i think we are violating the rule here for posting another website.

mod please delete this post if i am violating any rules. thank you.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:39 AM
jdub1234

ya ive tried calling them i dont know how many times ill keep working on it
Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
sssmasss

here is the installation manual... i didnt know what you meant earlier when you said diagram. you should have told me the installation manual. here it is.

damn bro! i just realized you bought a used one without anything! that is rough. you should have bought my used system. i have the installation manual and everything for it.

Quick Reply: DIY st800 installation