Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Yes! Finally....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 11:57 PM
sundog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Yes! Finally....

I finally got the keys handed over today! You beauty!

After three long and frustrating months my car was delivered and the proud owner (moi) couldn't be happier. I can now post with sure knowledge of what I am speaking.

My platinum baby (yes another one, but it is the best colour) went straight to the tinting shop where the god awful dealer installed c**p film was removed and replaced with something a darn sight more appealing (DTI Meridian, 35% side and 20% rear).

I have Ritchie's front mud flaps fitted and they look really good on.
Well worth the AU$60.

I won't be modding much, maybe getting rid of the number plate buffer but that's about it.

Fanged it about (within limits of course), attracted a LOT of attention. It's real neato to fill up at a petrol station and watch the eyes follow you.

I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow, wonders will never cease.

Now I only have to fight the wife, my brother, father and my petrol head mother for the keys each day.

Regards

Jim
Old 06-03-2003, 12:01 AM
Z350Lover

Congrats Jim,

You will love this car for sure!! Enjoy it and take it easy!!! Post some pics!!

cheers,

richie
Old 06-03-2003, 02:11 AM
apsilon

Congratulations!

You might be looking forward to work tomorrow at the moment but when you get there and realise you're not out driving you'll be hating it.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:29 AM
KY350

Congratulations sundog. You will find yourself ringing you mates to go pick them up for a drive in the Z after work.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:38 AM
ZEXC-33

Congrats sundog

What color interior did u go for with the silver?

Which dealer in Melb did u buy the beast from? Also, and u dont have to say if im prying here, but what did u pay on road? Ive been keeping an eye on a few new Zs at the dealers and noticed the prices trickling down, just curious how well u did. I was offered a track for 67500 on road, but damn it i havnt sold my car yet and theres no more garage space at home
Old 06-03-2003, 06:10 PM
sundog

I ordered the car with the orange (more a mustard I think) coloured leather. The charcoal looked too dull and made the interior 'seem' cramped and smaller than it actually was.

I bought the car from Berwick Nissan, I've purchased my last two Nissans from them and they have always been good to me. The dealer (Nathan) is a dependable guy, I made him earn his money believe me, I was kinda high maintenance over the three months wait He was probably glad to see the back of me.

As for price, it's a little difficult because I lease my car, so I don't pay GST up front. I also get a Nissan ex-employee discount and I can only get that on list price. So whatever list price is/was on a Touring minus GST is what I pay. I tell you though, the Luxury Car tax was a choker, never had to pay that before and it really stuck in my throat when he told me the percentage rate.

I'm off to uni tonight, going to park my car next to all those cheesy grey imports and show them up.

Pic's to come, just as soon as I get home with enough daylight to use the camera.

Regards,

Jim
Old 06-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Zdster

Congratulations on the car.

After 4 months of ownership, you still get that look when you pull in to get petrol. In fact one time I pulled in to get petrol and this guy comes over and says nice car. Started talking and this guy owns a TT. Great to get compliments and looks like that.

Looking forward to see photos when you get around to it.

Zdster
Old 06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
harryw

congrats Jim,

I am getting extremely jealous now!

H
Old 06-03-2003, 06:41 PM
fatmanoz

Congrats from me too Jim.

Enjoy it mate.

I get mine in the next 2 weeks. Dying badly.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:12 PM
ZEXC-33

Originally posted by sundog

Pic's to come, just as soon as I get home with enough daylight to use the camera.

Regards,

Jim
Cool bananas, would really like to c some pics, interior especially. Im still undecided on the orange, i cant convince ne1 else at home about the orange either, but ur right the black is a little too drab for such a unique car. In pics the shade of orange varies so much. I finally found a Silver on orange Track at a Dandy dealer, and the interior did look good, but when viewing from outside the color just didnt look right.

Looking forward to seeing the pics dude

P.S. i know how u feel about the luxury car tax/stamp duty. The Vic government rapes all used/new car buyers. My dad even trucked his 360 up to QLD to register it so as to save the 3%.

Ciao, Sam

Last edited by ZEXC-33; 06-03-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new addition.

Take the front number plate molding off ASAP, otherwise you will be sorry.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:24 AM
sundog

Well, I've had my car for three days now. The specific thread for this seems to have become a headlight discussion, so I thought I'd do my best impression of Doogie Howser and share my diary with you. It's a tad long, so brace yourself.

Tuesday:
12:00 Drove to the dealer (early of course), saw my car parked in the prime position on the lot for street viewing. Positively drooling I parked my trade-in 'somewhere', dunno where...I kind of got into tunnel vision mode and I'm probably lucky I put it into park before getting out.
12:30 Had problems with the leasing finance doofus not faxing the payment papers through. A quick phone call with me in a highly agitated state got things rolling again, lots of coarse language and veiled threats works a treat sometimes.
13:10 Made a memorable exit by peeling out of the car lot (by accident), in my worst Keannu voice, “Whoa!”.
14:10 Anyhoo, got the clutch under control, made a beeline to the window tint shop to get the appropriate treatment, forked over more readies but the result was a positive wet dream of a car.
17:10 A quick fuel stop to gloat and wonder what the ‘poor people’ are doing today then home.

Wednesday:
06:30 My first drive to work in the new mobile, I was up an hour before normal time just to work out the dash controls and read the manual.
07:30 Pulled into traffic, is it possible to ‘wish’ a P.O.S. exclusion zone if you get anxious enough?? “Get the #!%@%% away from me!” Finally loosened up and started to enjoy myself. Took a while to get the stereo under control, too much bass, felt like I should be in Adidas tracky pants with a gat tucked in my Calvin’s.
08:30 Arrived at work safely, spent the rest of the day doing guided tours, just waiting till I could drive home again.
17:30 Rain! O.M.G. Noooo!!!! Dust cloud on the horizon (if you’re in Melbourne you’ll know what I am talking about). No matter how fast I drove or dodged, I got dirt on the car. Damnitalltoohell.

Thursday:
08:30 Uneventful drive to work, getting the hang of this beast now. Nice warm butt from the seat heater, try it, it's better than AC in the cold.
18:00 My favorite roundabout in Braeside (tiny & tight) is entirely possible at 60km+ without a problem although my passenger experienced his life flashing before his eyes, swears he saw god.

Friday:
18:05:10 Sitting at lights, an R1 rider pushes his way to the front of me. Uh Oh!….anger…taking…over...must. ..resist…. urges…
18:05:15 Managed to keep up with R1 at the get go, admittedly he probably wasn’t even trying but still did a double-take when he saw my insanely grinning face in his rear view a few seconds after lift off. I felt like Max and the Toe Cutter, sooo wanted to hit the horn and demand he get the flock out of my way, resisted impulse however, (probably a good thing).

Here come da weekend!! Can’t wait. If the sun comes out I'll get some photos posted.

Jim
Old 06-06-2003, 03:57 AM
harryw

"Managed to keep up with R1 at the get go, admittedly he probably wasn’t even trying "

Now Jim, seeing as though I actually own an R1 I can say this, now you're being silly! (LOL). I realise you're joking.

For anyone that doesnt know an R1 does 0 - 100kms in a smidge over 3 seconds! Now that's FAST. They weigh about 170kg and standard come with about 150rwhp.

Anyway, Im just jealous. My Z apparently landed in Sydney today so all things being equal I should be having the same experieces, except of course trying to run fellow motor cyclists of the road, in about two weeks.

H

Last edited by harryw; 06-06-2003 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:10 AM
sundog

Yes, I did say he probably wasn't even trying, but next time he won't be so complacent.

Jim
Old 06-06-2003, 04:53 AM
nismor33

Haa haa...sounds like your having fun.

The R1 will be having a laugh....he was still in idle ! Damn quick bike, would love to get one but too many getting stolen in Sydney!

Mike