Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

RE: 8.5x17" BBS RGR FS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 AM
ALong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8.5x17" BBS RGR FS

Check my add in Classifieds section, we have a rule change in T2 for next year allowing us 9"/10" wheels so I have two sets of almost brand new 8.5x17 BBS RGR wheels for Sale. Also have a number of slightly used Goodyear GS-CS 245/40-17 race tires that can be supplied with the wheels for additional cost. Great combination for track days
Old 12-01-2005, 08:14 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156802

Hrm, would be interested in this if Mr. Hines didn't live around the corner from me. I suppose he's going to be selling his 8.5" wheels too. What about the other rule change - allowing remote reservoir. Is that going to affect your current JRZ setup? Good luck with the sale!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 AM
ALong

I think RobH will probably just buy several 10" rears and keep the 8.5" fronts as you can run the same tire on the 8.5 as you can the 9.0. That was my initial plan, but looking at what tire sizes Goodyear is going to have in their new Eagle S, it looks like I need to go up to the 18" diameter to get what tire sizes I need.

The Remote Resevoir change in rules wont really effect anything for me. I can send my shocks back to JRZ and have them rebuild them with Resevoirs. However, the cost to do that vs. any difference in lap times I believe will be very minimal at best (probably no difference), especially considering our cars still have all rubber bushings in the suspension. The JRZ I have now are so good that going to a remote resevoir wont really change anything, other than make quick adjustments on the shocks a little easier. I figure if RealTime racing can win multiple World Challenge Championships in their Integra R's with non-remote shocks and if Performance Nissan can win races in their Z's with non-remote Koni's (the JRZ's are just as good) then I will be ok. I am sure I will go to remote resevoirs at some point but it is low on the priority list for spending money....

If you are interested let me know I already have two parties that are very interested (just waiting for me to get digital photos taken and sent to them before they comit).
Old 12-02-2005, 03:15 PM
daveh

Might be interested in the goodyears if someone takes just the wheels. Can you change tire size next year too?
I've never seen any locals using the goodyears? How do they compare to hoosiers or V710's? Do they last any longer?

shoot me a pm.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:07 AM
ALong

The Goodyears look very similar to Hoosiers, very square sidewall, no tread except 2 small 3/32nd grooves on inside of tire. They IHMO are a better tire than the Hoosier, they are very fast and very durable. Up until World Challenge went to a spec tire, the Goodyears won the WC Championship in every class for something like 9 years straight.

I have multiple sets of used tires from last year, they all have either 3 or 4 heat cycles, 1 or 2 20min practice sessions, 1 25min Qualifying and 1 30-35min race. So the tires still have about 75% life left on them. I also have one set of new tires left. Anyone interested PM me.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:24 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly don't know anybody running the Goodyears... how many heat cycles do you get out of them normally?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:31 PM
ALong

John, they are optimum for about 4 heat cycles, then they have a slight drop-off and are consistent until they are run into the cords. For lapping days the used tires are great. For racing, you need that last second so the tires are relegated to testing use etc after that. These tires are all in really good shape and the only reason I am selling them is that we are being allowed to use a bigger wheel/tire combination for next year. I do have to say that with the 245/40-17's on the car, the car was extremly balanced and very forgiving. I honestly dont think the bigger tires are going to give us a whole lot but since we are racing, if we can get half a second out of them then we take what we can get....
Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
amolaver

i found a source of used goodyear gscs, and, well, they look good anyway i've managed to scrounge 4x oem enthusiast rear wheels, and expect to have the 245/40-17's on for the february event at VIR. given how cold it will be, i'm not sure i'll be able to get a real appreciation for them, but i'll be sampling my turbocharged goodness during that event as well. with any luck, i won't have any mechanical maladies, and get some feel for this rubber.

i'm looking forward to it

ahm