Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Redline: Time Attack!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
SuperKool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline: Time Attack!

Hi all,
RedlineTrackEvents is proud to announce the next Redline: Time Attack! to be held at California Speedway's interior road course in Fontana, CA on March 4 & 5, 2006. The Redline: Time Attack! is bringing one of Japan's classic motorsports events to eager American tuners ready to prove their tuning skills and driving prowess in a race against the clock. Many of the strongest names in American and Japanese tuning will be on-hand to test their might. Most importantly, a wide range of classing allows cars to compete in any level of tune to enter into competition with cars of similar specification, so the challenge is open to anybody and everybody who is willing to take the bragging rights at this inaugural motorsports event.
The California Speedway interior road course closely matches the best Time Attack circuits run in Japan. It's 13 turns, 1.6 mile course is perfect for our first California based Redline: Time Attack!
Go to: http://redlinetimeattack.com/index.html for more into about our classing system and registration for this event.

All racers are welcome! We have a place for daily driven street cars to full blown professional class race cars.
A test and tune is available on Saturday, March 4th for addition open track time for anyone. There will be ample track time for anyone seeking open track time without racing. For more info on open track events, please visit: http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/

We held our first Redline: Time Attack! on November 6th following the SEMA show at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. We had a great turn out and with the media exposure we receive form the G4 TV show "Street Fury" and magazine coverage from Modified Magazine, I'm sure we'll have a very successful 2006 season. For more info on our last Time Attack, you can go here to see some of the highlights:
http://www.spam.com/events/articles/13-410163.html

This is the first of many Redline: Time Attacks to be held across the country.
Our 2006 season will be held at:
Mar. 4th-5th -- California Speedway
Mar. 31st-Apr. 2nd -- Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
Sep. 22nd-24th -- Summit Point, West Virginia
Dec. 2nd-3rd -- Buttonwillow Raceway, California
Hope to see you at the track!
Thanks,
Chris Willard
Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just signed up! Modified RWD is mine!!! Hopefully...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:45 PM
knight_white99

I'll be there too! 2nd place was good last time, but not good enough.

Just did a bunch of work to my car, so hopefully I will be more competitive in street RWD. Just ordered my 3.9 gear today.

Mike, are you running Modified now instead of Unlimited? I thought that a gutted out interior required you to run Unlimited... or is that only if you replace the glass with lexan?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

As far as I can read on their website as long as I don't swap the glass for lexan my car is fine for Modified. We will see when I go through tech inspection.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:39 PM
knight_white99

Good for you! You'll still have some tough competition, but maybe not as tough as against drivers like Tarzan Yamada in that 800hp Skyline.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:27 PM
SuperKool

I've got a gallery up if you want to see some pictures from the last one:
http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-g.html

You may see some familiar faces there...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:16 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Nice pics SuperKool! Is there someone I can talk to in detail on what class my car will be in? I have a lexan rear window that I am leaving off until after the event in hopes of being able to run in the Modified class, but if there is something else on my car that will push me into Unlimited anyway, I would like to put it on.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:39 AM
SuperKool

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Nice pics SuperKool! Is there someone I can talk to in detail on what class my car will be in? I have a lexan rear window that I am leaving off until after the event in hopes of being able to run in the Modified class, but if there is something else on my car that will push me into Unlimited anyway, I would like to put it on.
I've read through your write up and I think you'll be OK in modified as long as you use the correct tires for that class, and the car is legal for registered use on public roadways. And I do mean legal for driving on the street. However, the way your car is set up, I really think it would be a better fit for Unlimited. You car is set up for Unlimited Class, and I think your competition will be more closely matched in that class. The other Unlimited cars that you would be running against would be cars like S2000's, RX-7's, and Corvettes. Most (if not all) of witch you would out power easily with your twin turbo. A lot of the people in the Unlimited Class has set up there car much like you've done so they can compete in that class in the hopes to achieve the Overall Champion. The competition will be tougher in Unlimited that's for sure. So you have to make the dissension for what's best for you. Do you go for the top honors, or settle for a lesser victory, It's up to you. This is not to say there won't be any car in Modified that will also be set up like yours. Many people feel they are better off in Modified and stick with it. That's what's great about Time Attack racing, anything can happen in the three laps that really count. Your car can be set up perfect, but if you make a mistake during the lap that really counts, then it's over. It depends on how confident of a driver you feel you are.

We can talk more, and figure out what the best class for you is. Feel free to shoot me an email at chris@redlinetrackevents.com
Old 01-31-2006, 09:50 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Well, the thing is, this will be my first track event since the build and will also be my first opportunity to tune the suspension. Not to mention it will be my first time at Cal Speedway and my first time on a track since November 2005. So needless to say, I probably wont be as fast as I will be later in the year so I think at this event my times will probably be more suited for the Modified class. Maybe after Saturday's "practice day" I will see which class I fit better in and run that one Sunday. Thanks for your help Chris!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:31 PM
knight_white99

And I do mean legal for driving on the street.
Chris, do I take this to mean that a vehicle needs to have catalytic converters to be legal in Modified and/or Street classes? In other words, are cat test (replacement) pipes not allowed in these classes (even if the vehicle is regisered and has a license plated)?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:39 AM
SuperKool

Originally Posted by knight_white99
Chris, do I take this to mean that a vehicle needs to have catalytic converters to be legal in Modified and/or Street classes? In other words, are cat test (replacement) pipes not allowed in these classes (even if the vehicle is regisered and has a license plated)?
No, I don't mean that at all. I should have been more clear. Some cars that are not even close to being street legal, yet can still be registered, should run in Unlimited Class if the car is set up to compete in the Unlimited Class. We sometimes get cars that are Unlimited Class cars, but are also registered cars that can drive on the street. Just because a car is registered, doesn't mean it can't compete in Unlimited Class. Also, This discourages Unlimited Class cars to run in Modified.

I wasn't sure about 350ZNV's car and what class he should run in, so I was telling him to be sure the car is registered, so to run in the Modified class. Don't worry about catalytic converters, or exhaust systems, or anything like that. I'm talking about full carbon fiber bodied race cars that should be in Unlimited but try to run in Modified because they have a registration.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
jdx911

Just signed up for the Saturday Test and Tune (Intermediate Level) event. This will be the first time to really "break-in" the car not to mention that this will be my first event since 2003. Luckily, my tuner is also running his car so if anything goes wrong help is near.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Nice! See you there.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
STRETCH

If my car is fixed in time, I will be there on Saturday as well. However, I'm NA and know I couldn't compete with your guys horsepower. I would love to see them on the track, though!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:35 AM
knight_white99

Yeah, I'm getting a complex. So far it looks like I am the only NA 350Z competing on Sunday. I will get my butt handed to me!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 AM
SuperKool

Don't be afraid of the FI my friend. I too am NA all the way, besides the crowd always roots for the underdog.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:45 AM
knight_white99

Aw, I'm not afraid. I relish the challenge!

Besides, this old dog still has some tricks up his sleeves.

Chris, will you be running your S2000?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:29 AM
SuperKool

I think so. My car has seen better days. I really need to do an overhaul of some stuff. I have about 20K track miles on that car but it's still holding together. I think it's good for one more run before I tear it apart...