Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

G Coupe at Laguna Seca (video)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trebien
That doesn't help worth a damn. I'm still sitting in front of a computer, finishing a proposal, 1500 miles away from said track, driving a keyboard.
A perspective that we all share much too often!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Nihilation

Ed, this question is a little more OT but are those the staggered Nismo wheels you are running in those last few pics? If so, do you know what tires and sizes were being used?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by Nihilation
Ed, this question is a little more OT but are those the staggered Nismo wheels you are running in those last few pics? If so, do you know what tires and sizes were being used?
Yes, those pictures were taken in November of 2005, when the car was running with an ATI Supercharger. The wheels were Nismo 18's, with 245F and 275R rubber. Tires were NT-01
Old 02-09-2007, 12:20 PM
clipso 01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks like so much fun...nice driving
Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Marc Mc

I have to revitalize this thread to say, "Thanks Eagle1." I was at Laguna on the 11th and your line for Turn 2 really helped. I finally found a groove for it and improved my times. I wasn't turning as fast a times as you were (1:45 is awesome), but for my stock Z I felt better. Fixing T2 really helped. My exit speed really improved which really helped on T3...and probably T4.

THANKS!!!!
Marc Mc
Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by Marc Mc
I have to revitalize this thread to say, "Thanks Eagle1." I was at Laguna on the 11th and your line for Turn 2 really helped. I finally found a groove for it and improved my times. I wasn't turning as fast a times as you were (1:45 is awesome), but for my stock Z I felt better. Fixing T2 really helped. My exit speed really improved which really helped on T3...and probably T4.

THANKS!!!!
Marc Mc
Thank you very much Marc. I sincerely appreciate hearing that you had a great time at Laguna, one of my very favorite circuits, and that in some small way I could add to the pleasure of the experience for you. The only thing I like more is when I get help from someone. At my level of experience, I am still receiving a lot more than I am giving!!!
Cheers,
Ed
Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Eagle1

Now to get serious again. Turn 2 can be one of the very most intimidating and fearsome turns on the track, as you come ***** to the wall WOT over the top of the crest of the hill, get light, drift to the right edge of the track....and face a double apex downhill 210 degree "fish hook" hairpin. Gee, wonder why it gets all the attention?

But it has transitioned from being one of the turns I feared the most, to one of the turns I eagerly anticipate and look forward to attacking every single lap. Part of the reason is that taken properly, you gobble up so much distance on your comrades both going into the turn, through the turn, and out of the turn. It is one of the places on the track where you really can kick some butt if you concentrate and use your head, with cool aggression. Sounds to me like you are right there too!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Marc Mc

I am not RIGHT there, but I am getting there. I had a session at LS in Feb and my line was so bad I got collected. This session, I did look forward to it as I would catch up (a little) to the Z06 that had gotten away from me on the straightaway. That felt good.

I do need to step up my tires though. I am on stock potenzas and they are talking to me and are saying I was at the limit of adhesion. I was watching my videos and I was at my limit going through 4, 9 & 10. I just really like the feel of the car through those turns, but the tires are just screamin. I was hitting 1:55 and I think I could probably get a little better, but tires and suspension need to be addressed before I can turn much better times.

Ahhhhh....such a wonderful adventure this is.

Thanks!
Marc
Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Eagle1

That is very respectable for the car on stock suspension and tires. Very.

Best bang for the buck mods at this juncture would be adjustable sway bars, and a set of lightweight wheels and DOT-R tires just for track days. That will grab you 5 seconds minimum.