Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

KaBlamO

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

See you there then. It's funny that we have tried at least 4 weekends and something always comes up that we don't run on the track at the same time.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laze1
Well,

The bad: clutch slippage on Sunday, aftermarket fan burnt a power wire/fuse, exhaust leak at the Y-pipe to tailpipe connection, ABS appears to have died and flat-spotted a RF tire, hot as hell all weekend, I felt like shiate all weekend with cold/sinusitis/upset stomach problems
and my team partner/co-owner forgot to put the hood pins in after checking the oil level, then went on track and hood flew up Sunday morning in his TT session I bent the hood back down and ran the sprint race very PISSED!
That sucks you had that many issues. I bet you were very pissed. I know I would be. At least you did get to start and finish the races.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by laze1
However I am still having an issue with the throttle...it is like an on/off switch about 1/2 way down...I will swap out the accelerator pedal assy 1st, then the throttle body...I have had this issue since I got the car. Open to suggestions
Have you tried the FSM's voltage tests for the TB and pedals?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TP_Sensor.pdf (143.5 KB, 224 views)
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 AM
laze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I was pissed, because the weekend before he did the "Money Shift" that blew the engine that started this thread...

However, we are both just a couple of old dudes trying to have a little fun, and shiate happens to everybody...I am hoping that this is just a run of bad luck that we all have had from time-to-time.

We split the cost of everything, he provides the tow truck and I do the wrenching...so we are racing at 50% the cost of racing individually...and that deal has its obvious positives/negatives.

Racing is full of personal challenges...this has just been one of those periods!

Originally Posted by Fixxxercask
That sucks you had that many issues. I bet you were very pissed. I know I would be. At least you did get to start and finish the races.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:44 AM
laze1

No I haven't..but will this weekend...thnx a bunch for the info! And I am getting some quotes from Danny @ Nissan Unlimited for some used parts to test with.

Good Vender -MY350Z.COM Premium Sponsor talk with Danny

The acts like it has Honda VTEC or a old school Holly 4 barrel carb...and it is kinda intermittent. You press the gas down and the car accelerates...but then it goes WFO...making it Very hard to modulate as you try to power thru/out of a corner.

I have had the ECU tuned to "slow" the throttle opening some as hit had been sedt to open quicker..but the did not change the on/off problem.

Originally Posted by Zazz93
Have you tried the FSM's voltage tests for the TB and pedals?

Last edited by laze1; 08-12-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 PM
laze1

I forgot to mention that I believe that I solved my snap over-steer/rear bump issues ...I didn't have any suspension related issues this race weekend However I was not pushing hard in this recent event.

Note: I adjusted my Coil overs to give more rear shock travel
Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That would make alot of sense.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 AM
laze1

Speed Update

So I have now overcome a blown engine, F__K'd up suspension, ABS issues, driver Brain farts, and some minor damage from on-track "bumpage". WooHAA!!!!!

I had great races at Roebling Road w/NASA_SE this past weekend...when it all came together for the 1st time since I have owned this car. (about 12 months)
My fastest lap of 1.22.2 (during the Saturday race) was not too far off the NASA-SE PTB track record of 1.20.5. And like everybody sez: I left plenty of time on the table But I really did, if I had "pushed" I am sure mid-1.21 laps where there.

I was able to put the car anywhere I wanted it, passed every car that I came too, and generally STOMPED the competition in-class...and ran in the top 3 cars overall in the Lightning Group races.

It was SO NICE to have confidence that the car would not bite-me mid-corner, lock a rear wheel, blow-up, overheat, etc. It was Heaven on wheels!

Now the car has very slight understeer/push entering a corner, with very slight oversteer/loose on corner exit...both conditions controllable via the throttle. JUST LIKE A 350Z SHOULD BE!

Here are 2 vidz from cars behind me during Sunday's race...it gives you a great POV of the handling characteristics. I didn't run a camera this weekend, so no vidz from my car. During the Sunday races, I was running low 1;23's all race...I was ahead of the PTB Competition after starting last...so I didn't need to "use-up" the car to win the class.

I come into view about 10 mins in to the vidz...
http://vimeo.com/28642902

Marty Howard is behind me from the start as we both started last...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgKYhuGjSM
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Get a Camera is that car....STAT.

You really did step it up all weekend. Nice Job.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:02 AM
laze1

I have one, just didn't put it in...I know I need too...just in case something happens on track that I need to show&tell my side of the story

Remember...I am Laze1
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome driving and glad everything worked out.

Was talking with a bunch of friends this past weekend and totally want to gut my car and make it a dedicated track car.....just can't do it yet, it's still too nice....