Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Need guidance on roadcourse mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Z33_Taxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
Right now I have Swift Spec R's
How are you enjoying the swifts? I'm thinking I might opt for a set of those and some koni yellows,instead of some coilovers
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
How are you enjoying the swifts? I'm thinking I might opt for a set of those and some koni yellows,instead of some coilovers
Yeah I've found my swifts and Koni Yellows out perform most coilovers. You would need a pretty high end set of coilovers with excellent damping to out do them.

Most of the cheap stuff people buy for the same price point isn't even close.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 AM
kfoote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
Just wanted to get some advice again.
Are any of the off the shelf front splitters any good?
If not I will make one out of an alumacor sheet just like XChacalX did locally.
I'm thinking about adding a APR GTC300 wing.

Since I haven't run into it before... what sping rates are you guys running with this type of aero? I might hit a top speed of 130 mph on a local track. Right now I have Swift Spec R's
I bought the APR front splitter. It's small and flimsy. I'm having a prototpe made out of high quality 1/2" plywood that though is a bit heavier, should be more durable and work better, and I'll be able to make it out of a more efficient material if I'm happy with it.

For a wing, I ended up getting the Competition Performance Products Comp 800 wing: http://www.g-stream.com/C800.html. I looked at the APR wing and a few others, and the numbers for this as far as drag/downforce looked the best. The 350Z is as close to freee stream as you'll ever find on a race car, so the free stream numbers are actually somewhat comparable. The APR GTC300 wing was 4th on the list of the wings I looked at. The only real downside is that there is more fabrication required to make it work, and you really have to build it to go to the frame rails rather than just to the trunk to be most effective. This is the wing that all of the Mustangs in the Pirelli World Challenge GTS series run, and though most "Spec" wings are not particularly good, this one is.