Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension FAQ and Reviews! (tech info, tuning, and reviews)

Old 06-01-2007, 06:46 AM
HARRYPOTTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be doing a full write up on installation, and feel of the parts listed below next weekend....one I install and drive the car, I will begin the write up (lengthy writeup on how to install, and what precations should be taken.

Tein Drift Master Coilovers
Tein EDFC
Tein inner tie Rods
Tein Outer Tie rods
Nismo Front Sway bar
GT-Spec Lower rear tie bar
Cusco Upper Front A-Arm

I'll let you guys know how the install comes out, and driving difference from stock to the new setup.

Potter
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 AM
silviakoko

please add in megan 32 way adjustable.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silviakoko
please add in megan 32 way adjustable.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=megan

post #7 & #11
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
RedlineZdude

anyone have any experience with the Ksport Kontrol pro's ive been hearing good things but j/w if anyone had any advice on them???
Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Slow*Jim

Originally Posted by EuStOn
i thought for drag racing, you would like the rear to sink in so you get more traction for rwd cars... doesnt the setting on the rear should be 16, and front should be semi hard like close to 0?

No, for drag racing you want the camber on your rear tires to be zero. More negative camber = smaller contact patch in a straight line. When a suspension compresses, it increases negative camber.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 AM
gorillagoggles

Originally Posted by EuStOn
i thought for drag racing, you would like the rear to sink in so you get more traction for rwd cars... doesnt the setting on the rear should be 16, and front should be semi hard like close to 0?
Also from a physical standpoint the more the car "sinks" in the rear when
accelerated the more energy is lost to suspension and weight transfer then
to the wheels. Also, like Slow*jim said your camber will be comprimised
and create a smaller contact patch with the road.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:52 PM
supracar

Ok - '05 Track Stock here 22k miles. I have had the car over 6 months and have recently learned it well enough (took unusually long compared to other cars I've owned Supra TT, S2000, '07 SI etc) to start pushing it. I definitely like the OEM setup - I understand the 'bounce' people refer to but would describe it more as "jarring" at times. Quite sudden at that - which I think about before every corner I enter as when it hits, the whole balance of the car gets reset as I call it - Not good. I recently took the car on some narrow curvy (180+ degree) roads that I have a good feel for as I spent a lot of time there in the S2000 :P. I was expecting a pretty bad outcome compared to the S2k as they were slow roads and the S is very nimble. Also I can feel really feel the weight of the Z in all corners being thrown around (torque comes at a price). Anyways... I was actually very surprised in the outcome. I would say the stock suspension was was almost perfect (I forget what I thought of the balance) and I could easily be faster than the S2000. So now that I know I'll be keeping the car I'd like to improve a few specific things. 1. High speeds (even going straight with good rubber) are a bit scary in this car because it throws its weight around too much. I would also like to subdue the bump/jar which seems to occur at all speeds (although I do realize magical suspension doesn't exist). I actually have a set of 10k miles Nismo S-Tune coil overs sitting in my living room (I'm lazy and don't have a real good spot to do the install right now) but lately my thoughts are that I would be happy with a just a set of sways. I would be expecting slow speed cornering to be more level (sometimes it feels like I could almost get the car on two wheels..) and also a large reduction in high speed 'instability'. From what I've read I am currently thinking of doing sways only and would probably get the Hotchkis setup and use the recommended holes so as not to bind the end links. Option two is just say the heck with it and install the S-Tune suspension and pay more for the non adjustable Nismo sways (that are looser than stock!?) just because the system will be 'matched'. /end ramble. Any thoughts. I'll be sure to update this thread with my driving impressions whatever I do. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
eurofreak

Default Stance

Do any of you guys have STANCE suspension?? I had STANCE on my Miata and wouldnt have traded them for the world but now with the Z I was hoping to find someone with them and get their opinion.

Peace
Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
zman600

subed for later.

will review mine when they come
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM
nismo316

I am thinking about buying the Stance GR +Pro coilovers. Any advice, opinions or recommendations? thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2009, 04:22 PM
JohnnyHT

Any reviews on the KTS SPL coilover?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
joey77051

any review on HKS hypermax RS coilover?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 PM
UnderMyWheels

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any reviews on tanabe sustec pro five coilovers and apexi exv coilovers for the 350z or G35?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Niemeier350Z

Has anyone ever heard of KW suspension? Ive heard good things, but all those things are from people try to sell them. Anyone out there have them? Also, from what I read the 350Evo sways are the way to go yea? What are you opinions?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 AM
FTD350z

How about Ksport any reviews or suggestions on those??
Old 05-27-2009, 02:05 AM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyHT
Any reviews on the KTS SPL coilover?
Thinking the samething. Would love to see people's take on these.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
eurofreak

All right guys I finally got my STANCE GR+PROS on my ride. Long story short they are SICK. Install problems: Factory front strut brace barely allows room to adjust dampening but it is possible. You need to cut out holes in rear strut tower brace to adjust the rear dampening (as you probably would with ANY top adjusting coilover). Other than that you have to figure a way to mount and stabilize your front brake lines as the STANCE do not come with the clips needed. They come factory adjusted and need to be re-adjusted to 3/4 inch of thread inside the shock sleeve unless you want your car to lay frame when you get it off the jack stands. I got tons of pics and such the process for those of you thinking about buying these.

Peace

Jeremy
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM
03aeroZ

Hello all. I am getting the Hotchkis TVS kit and Tokico HP series shocks. This is a daily driver that is never tracked. What should I set the Front and Rear sway bar at for a comfortable ride (I expect a sports car feel, just not a tank feel) that will be provide performance on the twisties from time to time?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 PM
ZonV's

Originally Posted by 03aeroZ
Hello all. I am getting the Hotchkis TVS kit and Tokico HP series shocks. This is a daily driver that is never tracked. What should I set the Front and Rear sway bar at for a comfortable ride (I expect a sports car feel, just not a tank feel) that will be provide performance on the twisties from time to time?
How did the Hotchkis/Tokico HP setup match up? Have Hotchkis now and considering Tokicos HPs as well...
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
VR3

Does anyone know the front & rear spring rates for the Eibach Pro Street coilovers?

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension FAQ and Reviews! (tech info, tuning, and reviews)