Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

BRAKE Guru's please advise me!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:48 AM
SangWL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRAKE Guru's please advise me!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys,

well now the car is 2.5 years old and i got the brakes replaced. Went with OEM just cause i know i'm not going to be keeping it that much longer.

Anyways what i need help with is this:
When i Brake softly to gradual stop, everything is fine and the brakes are clean and quiet, the problem is when i have brake a little harder.

my front right brake makes a wierd noise as iff the brake is stoping but making the noise every end of rotation. What i mean is if the rotor is spinning in the brake, it seems as if the top of the rotor is mis aligned

i know the brakes need to be broken in, but its just wierd when the left side is fine and doesn't make a noise but the right does.

I know the rotor isn't bent or anything, but there a chance that when they reinstalled everything, they torqued one bolt to much more then the others causing a misalignment?

help!

sang
Old 07-15-2005, 08:48 AM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sang,
It's not clear to me what exactly you are experiencing. Are you hearing a squealing metal on metal sound? Is it a grinding noise? Are you feeling any vibrations through the steering wheel or through the brake pedal?