Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 01:37 PM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need brake help asap

hey guys

i just changed my brakes from an 03 and put 05 brakes on them.
when i bled the brakes i did evething the stoptech manual show and what everyone else said to do. i just took the car out for a test drive and when i push the brake pedal the first time i can push it all the way to the floor and nothing happens. when i push it a 2nd or 3rd time though it builds up pressure and the car stops. do you guys think that there is still air in the system and that i need to bleed the brakes somemore

thanks for the let

please let me know asap.

thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sounds like it isnt blead all the way...

OR... maybe this is the reason why there is a larger brake booster on the 2 pot front brake equipped cars...
Old 10-01-2005, 04:16 PM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

yep...did that. Did it a second time and it seems to have held up firmer. We'll see when we put the wheels back on and take her for spin # 2......
Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

brakes still seem a little soft and have about an 1inch to 2 inch travel were is seems like they arent working but then they kick in and stop like no other. do you thin that there is still air in there? the pedal to me still seems a little soft.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Redfoot

Yes there is still air in the system OR the brake lines have not been installed correctly, check for leaks ASAP.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

or the brake booster isnt good for the 2 pot front brake calipers.. the OEM ones..

the brake booster is different on the car those brakes were originally equipped with.. but i dont know the difference yet...
Old 10-02-2005, 06:25 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
or the brake booster isnt good for the 2 pot front brake calipers.. the OEM ones..

the brake booster is different on the car those brakes were originally equipped with.. but i dont know the difference yet...
You very well may be correct that the 03 master cylinder/brake booster isn't compatible with the new 05 (I thought they were 06) two piston calipers. However, that seems odd to me since it works fine with aftermarket BBK 4 piston or larger calipers. My OEM stuff works fine with my StopTechs. By the way the upgraded brakes are what the Z should have had in the first place, not two or three years into production. If I remember correctly before the 350Z (non Track) was released Nissan said it was goint to have two piston calipers on the front. As we all know it did not. Just my two cents.

Last edited by ZPirate; 10-02-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Nano

Originally Posted by ZPirate
You very well may be correct that the 03 master cylinder/brake booster isn't compatible with the new 05 (I thought they were 06) two piston calipers. However, that seems odd to me since it works fine with aftermarket BBK 4 piston or larger calipers. My OEM stuff works fine with my StopTechs. By the way the upgraded brakes are what the Z should have had in the first place, not two or three years into production. If I remember correctly before the 350Z (non Track) was released Nissan said it was goint to have two piston calipers on the front. As we all know it did not. Just my two cents.
in europe the ****ty 1 piston brake setup was never offered. All 350z sold in europe came with brembo brakes stock. the 1 piston calipers were deemed "inadequate" for street use... that says a lot.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:24 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by Nano
in europe the ****ty 1 piston brake setup was never offered. All 350z sold in europe came with brembo brakes stock. the 1 piston calipers were deemed "inadequate" for street use... that says a lot.
The non Brembo set up in the U.S. was single piston calipers on the front for 03 and 04. Not sure about 05.

Last edited by ZPirate; 10-02-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

he said he had a g35 and took them off a 05 g35 which comes with the larger brakes that the 350Z has on 06
Old 10-02-2005, 01:33 PM
ZPirate

he said he had a g35 and took them off a 05 g35 which comes with the larger brakes that the 350Z has on 06
He didn't say it was a G35 in his post:

"hey guys

when i bled the brakes i did evething the stoptech manual show and what everyone else said to do. i just took the car out for a test drive and when i push the brake pedal the first time i can push it all the way to the floor and nothing happens. when i push it a 2nd or 3rd time though it builds up pressure and the car stops. do you guys think that there is still air in the system and that i need to bleed the brakes somemore

thanks for the let

please let me know asap.

thanks"

However, his signature says he is in the Florida G35 Club.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

He didn't say it was a G35 in his post:

"hey guys

thanks for the let

please let me know asap.

thanks"

However, his signature says he is in the Florida G35 Club.
his screen name is South Florida G35...

he is part of the G35 club...

why would anyone take the factory brakes from a 2003 350z non brembo and switch with the exact same part off the 2005 350z non brembo.

it makes sence to switch from 2003 non-brembo to 2005 G35 Non-Brembo which are the upgraded 2 piston front with larger rotors...

so with this information somwhat provided...

I am assuming it is 2003 non-brembo to 2005 non-brembo from the G35 which has 2 piston calipers and larger rotors... which also has a different brake booster to boot...
Old 10-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

350Z Non-Brembo 2003-2005 = 1 Piston Front & Rear Caliper
G35 Non-Brembo 2003-2004 = 1 Piston Front & Rear Caliper
G35 Non-Brembo 2005-2006 = 2 Piston Front Caliper & 1 Piston Rear Caliper and different brake booster
350Z Non-Brembo 2006- = 2 Piston Front Caliper & 1 Piston Rear Caliepr and different brake booster
Old 10-03-2005, 05:03 AM
ZPirate

his screen name is South Florida G35...

he is part of the G35 club...

why would anyone take the factory brakes from a 2003 350z non brembo and switch with the exact same part off the 2005 350z non brembo.

it makes sence to switch from 2003 non-brembo to 2005 G35 Non-Brembo which are the upgraded 2 piston front with larger rotors...

so with this information somwhat provided...

I am assuming it is 2003 non-brembo to 2005 non-brembo from the G35 which has 2 piston calipers and larger rotors... which also has a different brake booster to boot...
When I first replied I thought he had a Z not a G and that he meant that he had upgraded to the new (2006) 2 piston caliper for the Z not the G. (Even though he said 2005, I thought he meant 2006 since that is when it changed on the Z). I didn't know that he was talking about the G35 and that a 2 piston caliper was available for the G in 05. My bad for not understanding, but he wasn't clear either. Other people who responded didn't know he was talking about a G35 at first either.

My other point was that the Z (non Brembo) should have come with two piston front calipers from the start not after three model years. Prior to the release of the Z Nissan said it was going to have 2 piston front calipers, but it didn't. If the new 2 piston calipers (05-06 Gs and 06 Zs) have a different brake booster than the previous cars then he may have to change it out to make the 2 piston calipers work properly.

Last edited by ZPirate; 10-03-2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

When I first replied I thought he had a Z not a G and that he meant that he had upgraded to the new (2006) 2 piston caliper for the Z not the G. (Even though he said 2005, I thought he meant 2006 since that is when it changed on the Z). I didn't know that he was talking about the G35 and that a 2 piston caliper was available for the G in 05. My bad for not understanding, but he wasn't clear either. Other people who responded didn't know he was talking about a G35 at first either.

My other point was that the Z (non Brembo) should have come with two piston front calipers from the start not after three model years. Prior to the release of the Z Nissan said it was going to have 2 piston front calipers, but it didn't. If the new 2 piston calipers (05-06 Gs and 06 Zs) have a different brake booster than the previous cars then he may have to change it out to make the 2 piston calipers work properly.
Yeah... I havent really pushed the new 2pot brakes that much yet to see if they are really something...

NISSAN changed the pad compound for the new 2pot brake calipers... They use the same pad shape as the M45 / Q45 and the same rotors as the Murano... So... There arent that many high performance brake pads for these applications!

NO NISMO PADS
NO HP+

etc etc...

So, for those who want to track their car... the 2pot is NOT the way to go... for now...

Stop Tech is getting their replacement rotors ready for the 2005 G35 / 2006 350Z larger brakes...

I am sure pad manufacturers are now going to make race compounds for these applications... so we will see...
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 AM
ZPirate

Yeah... I havent really pushed the new 2pot brakes that much yet to see if they are really something...

NISSAN changed the pad compound for the new 2pot brake calipers... They use the same pad shape as the M45 / Q45 and the same rotors as the Murano... So... There arent that many high performance brake pads for these applications!

NO NISMO PADS
NO HP+

etc etc...

So, for those who want to track their car... the 2pot is NOT the way to go... for now...

Stop Tech is getting their replacement rotors ready for the 2005 G35 / 2006 350Z larger brakes...

I am sure pad manufacturers are now going to make race compounds for these applications... so we will see...
Jason,

On another subject is the Nismo fuel pressure regulator any benefit to a car with significant NA mods, including a reflashed ECU? I have significant NA mods (intake, plenum, headers, cats, exhaust, ECU reflash, grounding kit, clutch and flywheel) but my car has never been dyno tuned. Can some tuning be done by a Nissan dealer using the fuel pressure regulator? Can A/F ratios be adjusted this way? Is it worth having? I was thinking about posting this question. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Jason,

On another subject is the Nismo fuel pressure regulator any benefit to a car with significant NA mods, including a reflashed ECU? I have significant NA mods (intake, plenum, headers, cats, exhaust, ECU reflash, grounding kit, clutch and flywheel) but my car has never been dyno tuned. Can some tuning be done by a Nissan dealer using the fuel pressure regulator? Can A/F ratios be adjusted this way? Is it worth having? I was thinking about posting this question. Thanks.
This is one of the mods ive been wanting to do... I dont know many who have done it NA... but I would think it would help the overall mix...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...products_id=97
Old 10-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

sflg35? anything new?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:21 AM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

no not yet. i am goin to redo it on friday night and saturday. since i go to school through the week i dont have much down time where i can have the car sit on stands all day long.

when i rebleed them this time around what order should i do them in? last time i did rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger, front driver.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Check...
Rear Passenger, Rear Driver, Front Passenger, Front Driver...

Please let us know!

Quick Reply: need brake help asap