Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Tire Feathering and Aftermarket springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:46 PM
dskang100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Feathering and Aftermarket springs

I have hotchkis springs installed on my car.. I have an 03 track.. kept on reading all the stories about tire feathering now the roar from my tires is really noticable. If the dealership looks at it would they be like "Sorry it's because of the springs"? Or are they totally seperate. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2005, 05:04 PM
MJBsZ

I believe the Nissan recall says that you will be covered but your car must be returned to the stock suspension before you take it in to the dealer. If you leave the springs on, they will probably not give you tires but I am not too sure. Also, if your tires have over a certain amount of wear then they will not replace them entirely for free. There is a sliding scale of wear that determines how much Nissan pays and how much you do.

Of course, this can vary by dealers. My front tires were fairly worn but my dealer replaced them completely for free due to my lengthy documentation of the problem. Good luck with the replacement.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:31 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBsZ
I believe the Nissan recall says that you will be covered but your car must be returned to the stock suspension before you take it in to the dealer. If you leave the springs on, they will probably not give you tires but I am not too sure. Also, if your tires have over a certain amount of wear then they will not replace them entirely for free. There is a sliding scale of wear that determines how much Nissan pays and how much you do.

Of course, this can vary by dealers. My front tires were fairly worn but my dealer replaced them completely for free due to my lengthy documentation of the problem. Good luck with the replacement.
Agree. Some dealers are giving away front tires like Halloween candy, while getting tires from others is like pulling teeth.

Try a couple of dealers in your area. If none give you free tires, read the latest “tire reimbursement” policy from Nissan. Considering the age and mileage of the car, you may be able to buy new tires, and the cost is reimbursed by Nissan.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Z_U_L8R

Originally Posted by dskang100
I have hotchkis springs installed on my car.. I have an 03 track.. kept on reading all the stories about tire feathering now the roar from my tires is really noticable. If the dealership looks at it would they be like "Sorry it's because of the springs"? Or are they totally seperate. Thanks!
I have an 04 with TEIN S-Techs installed. The dealer either didn't notice the springs or simply didn't care since I have a good relationship with the service advisor (always have dealt with the same advisor). It probably also helped that the dealer that replaced the tires for me was different than the once that installed the springs for me. Good luck.