Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

On-Car Brake Lathe & Bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On-Car Brake Lathe & Bodykit

I'm starting to get some serious vibration when applying my brakes. I believe I need to get my rotors lathed using an on-car lathe like ProCut. The problem is my car sits very low especially with the Do-Luck bodykit.

Has anyone with a lowered suspension or bodykit (or both like me) had their rotors lathed and if so what kind of shop did the work? I'm going to the local Nissan dealership but they did NOT seem to thrilled about the low clearance of the car. I'm nervous about them cracking the side skirts or front bumper.

Ron
Old 12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by roncfpz
I'm starting to get some serious vibration when applying my brakes. I believe I need to get my rotors lathed using an on-car lathe like ProCut. The problem is my car sits very low especially with the Do-Luck bodykit.

Has anyone with a lowered suspension or bodykit (or both like me) had their rotors lathed and if so what kind of shop did the work? I'm going to the local Nissan dealership but they did NOT seem to thrilled about the low clearance of the car. I'm nervous about them cracking the side skirts or front bumper.

Ron

Why do you need to have the rotors turned while on the car? Just get a regular brake job done. Pull the rotors off and take them in to be turned.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman
Why do you need to have the rotors turned while on the car? Just get a regular brake job done. Pull the rotors off and take them in to be turned.
Because I've heard and read that machining a rotor on a bench lathe will only temporarily correct the problem because the rotor is being machined true to the bench lathes spindle and not the spindle on the car. Not sure yet I need this done but planning ahead.

Thanks!